Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

So our trip was Dec 12th-17th at a 1 bedroom in Kidani, but we decided to fly instead of driving so now we're flying down Dec. 11th at 11:50am (arriving at 3:05PM) and I was able to get a Studio at Jambo just standard view for that night before switching to Kidani on the 12th! Flying back on the 17th at 9:50PM so almost like a whole nother day... love it!

how late is the market place open? my flight doesnt land til 11:30 and im worried i wont have any bottled water for the night :/

how late is the market place open? my flight doesnt land til 11:30 and im worried i wont have any bottled water for the night :/
I would purchase the water at the airport. There are vending machines as well at the resort near the ice machines.

Question for room service....
Our flight arrives at 9 ish and we wondering how to call room service
for a couple items. Cheese Board and Strawberries. Do you ask front desk?
Arrive on Sat. Thanks

Then we walked over to the Ostriches where we were able to feed them out of these metal holders on long poles. There were two female ostrich and one was obviously the alpha and determined to run the show and ration the other ostrich's access to the food.

View attachment 338888

From here we got back in the vehicle and went to the red river hog barn. Now, the minute we had arrived at the giraffe barn we could hear the very exasperated red river hog handler, Kim, trying to get her hogs back into the barn, there were also numerous families on their balconies watching her and these hogs, so the hogs were already infamous to us! They did not disappoint, first we watched the older male hog perform some learned behaviors, then we got to stuff their enrichment toys with food and scatter them about the yard and watch the hogs play.

You can see one of the toys in this picture that we stuffed with food.
View attachment 338889

I had put a frozen ring of watermelon in the water trough and well you can see what happened when one of the little hogs decided that he wanted it out.
View attachment 338890 View attachment 338891

Finally, we drove back to Jambo House in our truck, which was cool because we got to see the giraffes that we had fed out on the savanna. Mel pointed out another feature in the lobby and gave us instructions on how to retrieve our pictures and gave us pins and recipe cards for the pap and sausage dishes that were specially made for us.

View attachment 338908

Previously we have done the now discontinued Sunrise Safari and the Wanyama Safari and this one was by far my favorite. It was so cool getting so close to the animals, and learning about them and feeding them. I also will commend each and every one of the Cast Members that we met, they were all so nice and knowledgeable, it was really one of those experiences that speaks to 'the Disney difference'.

Obviously I did not plan these posts out well because I forgot to add two things. While at Boma the GM of AKL, Ken, came to greet us and we were given cold water bottles that were ours to take home.

View attachment 338894

I am positive that I have not done this tour justice so let me know if you have any questions. I cannot wait to see these animals on the savannas when I go back to AKL in January!

Thank you so much for providing a review and SO MANY pictures! A tour is now booked for my husband and I when we vacation in October. I'm not a morning person by any stretch but I'll make some small sacrifices for this.

My DD's (15 and 12) and I check into a Value Studio at Jambo next Monday for a three night stay prior to two nights at Beach Club. It'll be our first DVC stay as well as our first at AKL. I've asked for a non-parking lot view and told them it's my DD's birthday. She turns 12 the day before we arrive. I've planned a resort day for the day we arrive as well as the day we are transferring. We plan on doing cookie decorating, Jiko/Boma tour, pool time, and the Flamingo Behavior program. Is their anything else absolutely worth doing or anything we should know ahead of time?
I also saw in my last email a service where we can order food from the resort through DVC. Has anyone used this or know more about it?

My DD's (15 and 12) and I check into a Value Studio at Jambo next Monday for a three night stay prior to two nights at Beach Club. It'll be our first DVC stay as well as our first at AKL. I've asked for a non-parking lot view and told them it's my DD's birthday. She turns 12 the day before we arrive. I've planned a resort day for the day we arrive as well as the day we are transferring. We plan on doing cookie decorating, Jiko/Boma tour, pool time, and the Flamingo Behavior program. Is their anything else absolutely worth doing or anything we should know ahead of time?
I also saw in my last email a service where we can order food from the resort through DVC. Has anyone used this or know more about it?

I have never used the DVC order form but the full grocery order form can be found on the member website. It is under plan vacations->Disney Vacation Club Resorts->Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House->Amenities and Recreation->Grocery Orders

From the form: A $10.00 service charge will be added to all orders. Groceries will be delivered on date of check-in after 5:00 p.m
Order must be received at least 3 business days prior to your arrival for processing. Please fax your order to: 407-938-7144 or mail to: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, ATTN: Zawadi Marketplace, 2901 Osceola Parkway, Bay Lake, Florida 32830

We are arriving in 2 1/2 weeks and I requested a bunk bed room, does anyone know if there are a lot of those, where they are located, how likely would we get our request granted and if they have any view of the safari? We stayed in a bunk bed room at the WL and liked them but they aren’t an option for the standard view rooms at the AKL. TIA

Just booked a week in March. Can’t wait to be “home”. Love AKL. Now I just need to get through our ASMU stay next month with the entire family. :scared1:

We are arriving in 2 1/2 weeks and I requested a bunk bed room, does anyone know if there are a lot of those, where they are located, how likely would we get our request granted and if they have any view of the safari? We stayed in a bunk bed room at the WL and liked them but they aren’t an option for the standard view rooms at the AKL. TIA
Bunk beds have their own room category from what I could tell on the website.

Bunk beds have their own room category from what I could tell on the website.
Standard view has two room types. You can’t Book a bunk bed room, but you can request it. I know it sounds unusual but that’s how they do it for some reason.

The drumming was fun if you can fit it in. Also roasting marshmallows/making smores was a hit with my kids

Does anyone know what time the first bus is from Jambo House to Animal Kingdom in the morning? We want to be there for rope drop. We were not able to get a FP for FOP.

Does anyone know what time the first bus is from Jambo House to Animal Kingdom in the morning? We want to be there for rope drop. We were not able to get a FP for FOP.

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day unless the park has EMH at 7AM, then they'll start at 6:00AM.

Do people decorate the doors of the rooms at AKL for seasons? We will be there during Halloween season.
I am usually at AKL/AKV in Dec. which would be during the holidays and I have never seen a decorated door. The doors to the rooms/villas at Jambo have beautiful African shields on them which cover most of the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter