Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Thank you @pepperandchips for your advice. I wasn't thinking about the timing and the fact that we will be arriving at the park late in the day. Usually we're rope drop people or close to it so when we drive we get a nice close spot.

Yes, we will have a ton of bags, however, to that point though, since I'm worried about getting them up to the room, maybe we should just bring them up ourselves. I remember the parking below. It is really convenient and we could park near an elevator so maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Also the kids are getting a little bigger so they can probably help us more than they did in the past.

Also, I guess we could minnie van it over to the park as well. I have to look into the new MinnieVan pricing and see what it would cost. We just have grammy with us and I don't want to knock her out with walking on the first day!

Thank you again for your advice.

I would pack pj’s, toothbrushes, etc all in 1 suitcase. When you arrive at AKL, leave all of the bags EXCEPT for this one with the bellman. Then, when you return from AK, grab that bag from your car, head to your room & call for your bags while everyone gets ready for bed.

I would not try to swim. You might try to move up the Sanaa ressie or swap Sanaa & Tiffins and head straight to AK. It sounds like you have stayed at AKL before. If not, I would use that time to explore the resort.

I would either drive or take the bus to AL. It is so close the Minnie van would be a waste.

I would either drive or take the bus to AL. It is so close the Minnie van would be a waste.

Agreed,and the cost just went up...
If you don't wish to bus use regular Lyft or UberXL, much cheaper than Minnie Van.

Regarding Uber and Lyft, I just want to put this reminder out again: Jambo House and the actual Animal Kingdom Park have the EXACT same address. :upsidedow We found out when we were at Jambo House waiting and tracked our Uber driver pulling into the park! Bell Services told us the park and resort share the same address! We were eventually able to contact our driver and he headed to the resort. We felt so bad for him though; he was just following his GPS :confused3

Kidani has its own unique address so no issues there!

If I drive to AK can I drop my Mom off closer and then park? I've never tried to do that as we usually always stay together and walk from whatever spot we get, but that would be helpful to my planning.

Also, I really like the idea of keeping one bag separate with PJs etc. The real concern is my laptop so I can just keep that in that one bag as well.

Regarding Sanaa, the reason we want to eat there is nostalgic. When we bought into DVC, our first trip as DVC members was to our home resort which was AKL (it's been 6 years since we've stayed here so the memory is rusty), but there was just something we really fell in love with there, the atmosphere, the food, etc. so we want to try it again. I actually do have a separate Yak & Yeti ressie for 1pm that I'm most likely going to cancel just because we never get to do Sanaa unless we're staying at AKL. Also, Yak & Yeti is later then I'd like considering we're going to have a big meal at Tiffins and I want to not be too full for that one because we love it.

Thank you for the MinnieVan advice. I am going to research the price differences but it seems like we should probably just drive.

If I drive to AK can I drop my Mom off closer and then park? I've never tried to do that as we usually always stay together and walk from whatever spot we get, but that would be helpful to my planning.

When my mom had a broken foot we were using a mobility scooter for her for the trip but we didn't have a disability placard or anything - I would just pull up to the cast member and tell them that I wanted to drop her off due to the mobility issue. Every single time they just told me to park in a handicap spot, but I wouldn't rely on that, even though you may get the same offer. AK is unique because you sometimes follow different signs to get to the handicap spots, I would just follow those even if you don't see a CM before them and plan to drop your Grammy off.

I think you got lots of good advice and I won't add anything otherwise. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

When my mom had a broken foot we were using a mobility scooter for her for the trip but we didn't have a disability placard or anything - I would just pull up to the cast member and tell them that I wanted to drop her off due to the mobility issue. Every single time they just told me to park in a handicap spot, but I wouldn't rely on that, even though you may get the same offer. AK is unique because you sometimes follow different signs to get to the handicap spots, I would just follow those even if you don't see a CM before them and plan to drop your Grammy off.

I think you got lots of good advice and I won't add anything otherwise. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Thank you all. This is definitely good advice and we're always so excited to be going to Disney and I'm sure we'll have a blast...as long as I don't over plan! LOL

Also, that is great advice about the Rainforest Cafe and my Mom has some things she would like to buy from their gift shop anyway!

Maybe some of you may know the answer to my question.
Can you fit a kids size air mattresses in the Kindani Standar Studio?

We stayed in a Jambo Standard room ( which I think is the same size) and with the bed pulled out there would only be room where you walk to the door/ kitchenettes sink which would block the bathroom. It would be very tight. We had a hard time finding a place for luggage and couch cushions and tables.

Hi everyone,

I could really use some check in day itinerary/parking/planning guidance.

We are arriving by autotrain on Saturday morning and my brother by plane around the same time.

My plan is as follows: (please let me know what is/isn't reasonable and how you think I can make this most efficient especially the luggage part and transportation to AK)

• Arrive around 9am in Sanford - paying for priority offloading
  • 10am is when I expect to arrive at Epcot (we are trying to check in 4 times during our trip to Epcot to get our Annual Passholder gifts) so 6 of us are running in to Epcot (grammy and baby staying in car) and just checking in and running out
  • 9:30 our Uncle is arriving at MCO - he will have just a carry on bag - don't know how he does it....
  • 10:30am expected arrival at Kidani QUESTION #1 - do we give the bellhop our luggage and leave it there for when we check in later in the evening or should we just leave it in the car?)
  • 11:55am ressie at Sanaa - plan is to check in early so we can head over to AK after.
  • QUESTION #2 - Do we drive to AK from AKL or take the bus, what is faster/easier in your opinion? Is our stuff safer with bell services or in the parking lot at Disney?
  • We have a couple of fast passes which we would like to make but it's not a deal breaker and then we have dinner at Tiffins around 6pm. We might stay for ROL or might head back to the resort only because we really would like to unpack and get settled earlier rather than later, but that is part of QUESTION #1 - I know they won't deliver our bags to the room without us being there so if we are now pulling up to the Kidani entrance around 8pm will our bags get to our room faster if we give them to bell services right then and there or can we notify them as we are returning from the park and have them bring them up?

As you can tell I'm probably trying to overplan a bit over a difference of 30 minutes or so, but it's really such a pain with so many of us to get into our room and not have jammies, etc. to put on right away and start getting ready for bed.

Also, what are the chances that we can get an hour of pool time in before eating at Sanaa? Am I crazy to think we could comfortably get that all in? I don't want to run around too much and make our check in day crazy and I forget how far away things are between Kidani, the pool at Kidani and Sanaa and the buses to AK....

Thank you anyone for your input and guidance.

You guys are the BEST!
I would never leave my stuff in the car. I would give it to Bell Services. I would probably take the bus, I don’t know how many of you would fit in the car, but it probably doesn’t matter much any way since you aren’t staying until park closing.

Maybe some of you may know the answer to my question.
Can you fit a kids size air mattresses in the Kindani Standar Studio?

Kidani studios are a bit bigger/better-designed than the Jambo House studios (which are retrofitted resort rooms). “Standard” only has to do with the view, not the square footage.

I believe you will be able to fit a smaller air mattress in your studio ::yes::

Hi, we are planning a trip to WDW in the second week of March 2019 :yay:.
We would love to stay at Jambo House like we did one year ago.
But I am worried because of the upcoming refurbishments . I know that the Pool will be finished by March, but how about the rooms, halls, restaurants?
Should we stay somewhere else?
Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone!:wave: We are staying in a one bedroom standard view at Kidani villages for the first time this fall!:yay: I want to make room requests soon but as we have never stayed here before I'm not sure what to request. I remember reading once that you could request partial savannah view? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone!:wave: We are staying in a one bedroom standard view at Kidani villages for the first time this fall!:yay: I want to make room requests soon but as we have never stayed here before I'm not sure what to request. I remember reading once that you could request partial savannah view? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Partial savanna view is more likely at Jambo house than at Kidani since there are more partial savanna views at Jambo. I think Kidani may have a few overlooking Pembe savanna - but I'd assume w/ a standard view Kidani booking that I'd probably end up in a grounds/pool/road/parking lot view.
Here's a map to help orient you http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg

Partial savanna view is more likely at Jambo house than at Kidani since there are more partial savanna views at Jambo. I think Kidani may have a few overlooking Pembe savanna - but I'd assume w/ a standard view Kidani booking that I'd probably end up in a grounds/pool/road/parking lot view.
Here's a map to help orient you http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg
Thank you so much the map is very helpful.:)

Yes, it is cashless for services such as hotel bill, souvenirs, and dinners. But you may still tip in cash wait staff, bell staff, etc.
At least that's the latest report I have.

thank you. i just happened to stumble across an old post about this today, i hadnt seen it ANYWHERE else. you'd think disney would have informed me. nothing in my documents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!