Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Question for those of you who have ordered groceries through Amazon Prime Now for Kidani. I want to make sure I have this right.

• <name> - Guest
  • 3701 OSCEOLA PKWY
  • LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8445
  • United States
  • Phone number: <my phone number>
Is the above right for the address? Obviously I'll fill in my name and phone # (or their #?). I just want to make sure I get this right as it's my first time ordering.

That address is good, yes.

Too funny. We stayed in 2582 over Thanksgiving. Sounds like you might have taken over for us. The first night I thought our room might actually be in Africa, the walk was so long. But after that, I enjoyed how far away from everything it was. It was so peaceful and quiet. Sounds like you got lucky with animals too!

Small world! We checked in the day after Thanksgiving;. The walk WAS long, but so quiet!

Last edited:
Saturday we got up incredibly early for the 7am open at AK. I was in the lobby of AKL with almost nobody else, and the Christmas carols were playing, outside was still dark, and this beauty was aglow. It was one of the most peaceful moments I have ever had, anywhere.

View attachment 367618
Thanks for posting, fellow Minnesotan ::MinnieMo. We’ll be arriving Saturday and can’t wait to see this resort - have never been to it.

Thanks for posting, fellow Minnesotan ::MinnieMo. We’ll be arriving Saturday and can’t wait to see this resort - have never been to it.

Ugh...you get to escape this snow?? We came back the day it hit...brutal return to reality!

Enjoy!!

Too funny. We stayed in 2582 over Thanksgiving. Sounds like you might have taken over for us. The first night I thought our room might actually be in Africa, the walk was so long. But after that, I enjoyed how far away from everything it was. It was so peaceful and quiet. Sounds like you got lucky with animals too!
I know what you mean! We were in 3552 and it was quite the walk to the lobby...but it was peaceful!

Hi everyone! My family is booked in a club level savannah view room in late January. I'm having trouble finding recent club level room photos... or room photos that show the soft refurb.

Have the club level rooms all been "soft refurbed" ?? I'd really like to know if they have new TVs and any other improvements. The photos on the Disney website of the rooms make them look a little ... old and outdated.

If anyone has recent photos of the soft refurb from the last few months, please post or pass along a link!

Hello everyone! I should know the answer to this, but do the hot tubs at Jambo have posted times? We are heading down a day earlier than our scheduled stay at another resort and are flying in to MCO around 10pm. If we arrive at Jambo around 1130pm, we would love to run to the hot tub to relax quietly for a bit before bed. I know the pool has posted hours but what about the hot tubs?

Hello everyone! I should know the answer to this, but do the hot tubs at Jambo have posted times? We are heading down a day earlier than our scheduled stay at another resort and are flying in to MCO around 10pm. If we arrive at Jambo around 1130pm, we would love to run to the hot tub to relax quietly for a bit before bed. I know the pool has posted hours but what about the hot tubs?

The hours are posted and the same as the pool.

Hi everyone! My family is booked in a club level savannah view room in late January. I'm having trouble finding recent club level room photos... or room photos that show the soft refurb.

Have the club level rooms all been "soft refurbed" ?? I'd really like to know if they have new TVs and any other improvements. The photos on the Disney website of the rooms make them look a little ... old and outdated.

If anyone has recent photos of the soft refurb from the last few months, please post or pass along a link!

I'd try asking on the Disney's Club Level thread - there are definitely people on there who will be able to help.

Can someone tell me about the bedding at AKL Jambo? I read something on one of the threads about "triple sheeting" -- does that mean no blankets or comforters on the beds?

There is a lightweight blanket over the top sheet and another sheet over the blanket.

There is a lightweight blanket over the top sheet and another sheet over the blanket.

Thanks. Has anyone asked for something more substantial from housekeeping? Or maybe even just a bunch of extra blankets? We are used to sleeping under a pile of (not lightweight) blankets in the winter . . .

Thanks. Has anyone asked for something more substantial from housekeeping? Or maybe even just a bunch of extra blankets? We are used to sleeping under a pile of (not lightweight) blankets in the winter . . .
We called housekeeping for one extra blanket when we were there last week - they brought one w/in minutes of the call.

We just got back from Kidani. We asked for and received a couple extra blankets. We just stopped by the desk while we were in the lobby. My husband and I like the room very cool when we sleep but it was too cool for my daughter so we got her a couple extra. I don’t think they were needed otherwise.

We just got back from staying in room 3006 on the Giraffe Trail. It is a standard room but has a limited view of the pool. It was very close to the front desk and gift shop. We thoroughly enjoyed the room. It would be great for anyone who wanted something close to the main lobby and dining.

I just officially switched our trip from CSR to a standard at AKL! I’m so excited! We were booked here last year but then the year closed the pool so we were switched to Beach Club. Deluxe was a stretch (darn Canadian dollar!) so I never thought we’d be back this year! Can’t wait!

Got back from a 5 night stay at AKL - Jambo last week (Dec 2-7) and thought I would post a few thoughts…

We booked a Standard for 3 adults, 1 child. I did request a partial Savannah view when we made the reservations a few months ago. Upon check-in they assigned us a queen/bunk room and we asked to be switched to a 2 queen room (my son won’t sleep on the top bunk). The front desk was very accommodating and found us a 2 queen room….well thanks to some pixie dust…we walked into our room to have a Savannah View room with giraffes and zebras right outside our room! Incredibly lucky and appreciative.

The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous and peaceful. Lobby is stunning especially decorated for Christmas. Due to weather, we only got to use the pool once but it was very nice and bartenders at the pool bar were excellent.

My travel companions went to Victoria Falls a few times and really enjoyed it. We had dinner at Jiko on night and was absolutely superb! The food and service were amazing. Our waitress was EXTREMELY knowledgable when it came to wine and recommending dishes. Definitely a must-do while staying there.

Any cast members we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful.

Bus service was great except the one morning we waited for 35 minutes for a bus to DHS. A bus came already loaded from Kidani, a few people were able to fit on. The transportation CM there asked for another bus which took quite awhile to come, but again came loaded from Kidani. We were able to get on that bus but there was a line of over 40 people still waiting for more buses. Other than that hiccup, we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a bus.

Only other critiques would be the use of space in the room. Having 3 adults in a room with only 2 drawers and the closet for storage was not enough. Same with the sink area, with no shelves underneath somewhere to store things. The bathroom toilet/shower room was very tight, the door almost hit the toilet. Having stayed at Caribbean Beach a few years ago, I feel that even AKL room is technically larger, the use of the space is better with CB. Also the there were only 2 open outlets in the room area (not including bathroom sink area) which for a room full of people is definitely not enough. I am assuming some of this might be addressed with the soft renovations due to happen. Having a balcony with a beautiful view with animals definitely overshadowed all the small criticisms though!

So happy we got to stay here and wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again or at the very least visit for the day. Loved our stay, only wished we could have stayed longer.

Only other critiques would be the use of space in the room. Having 3 adults in a room with only 2 drawers and the closet for storage was not enough. Same with the sink area, with no shelves underneath somewhere to store things. The bathroom toilet/shower room was very tight, the door almost hit the toilet. Having stayed at Caribbean Beach a few years ago, I feel that even AKL room is technically larger, the use of the space is better with CB. Also the there were only 2 open outlets in the room area (not including bathroom sink area) which for a room full of people is definitely not enough. I am assuming some of this might be addressed with the soft renovations due to happen. Having a balcony with a beautiful view with animals definitely overshadowed all the small criticisms though!.

I've booked my family (7 people = 4 adults, 1 teen, 2 kids) in two AKL club level rooms in late January and THIS is my main concern -- the space available in the room. In looking at the rooms online, they look super old and small. Where in the room would four full-sized suitcases even fit??

If anyone has photos of the room and where/how the suitcases fit, please share! :)

We need to stay near Wide World of Sports because my niece is competing in a field hockey tournament. So I assumed AKL club level would be the best, nicest option. But the room size is freaking me out that we will feel cramped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter