Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We're staying at another resort in September, but the kids are interested in seeing the animals at night. My daughter is 7, so too young for the nighttime safari tour. I read somewhere that the night vision goggles & observation area are only for resort guests. Does anyone know if this is accurate?
I don’t believe it is only for hotel guests. We were not staying here last year but went for the night vision. However, when we got there they were just closing up for the night much earlier than advertised so make sure you get there early.

I'm hoping someone will know the answer to this...
We are staying at Kidani Village, I understand there is no CS available, however it is my belief that there is a refill spot for mugs at the small gift shop.
I found this info on an old post from 2011. Is that still true? And are you able to get coffee at the refill spot?
I'm hoping not to have to order from GG just for coffee, sugar, and cream.
Thanks in advance...

I'm hoping someone will know the answer to this...
We are staying at Kidani Village, I understand there is no CS available, however it is my belief that there is a refill spot for mugs at the small gift shop.
I found this info on an old post from 2011. Is that still true? And are you able to get coffee at the refill spot?
I'm hoping not to have to order from GG just for coffee, sugar, and cream.
Thanks in advance...

Yes, the gift shop has coffee and soda etc. for the mugs. Sanaa also serves QS breakfast each morning, they have grab and go and cooked items. You can either dine in or take it to go if you want QS breakfast.

We're staying at another resort in September, but the kids are interested in seeing the animals at night. My daughter is 7, so too young for the nighttime safari tour. I read somewhere that the night vision goggles & observation area are only for resort guests. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

My In-Laws were there last week and were able to use the night vision goggles and they were staying at Pop.

Hi everyone, I just booked our first stay at AKL for later this year. I’ve been a little reluctant to stay here before because of the bus only transportation issue (and I use a wheelchair so that complicates transportation on its own), but I’ve decided to just try it and go in with the attitude that we won’t know how it works/if we like it unless we try it at least once. And I’m very excited to see the animals from our room, we did book a Savanna view, when you book that category do you normally make any room request or just go with it since you know you’ll have a good view no matter what?

Hi everyone, I just booked our first stay at AKL for later this year. I’ve been a little reluctant to stay here before because of the bus only transportation issue (and I use a wheelchair so that complicates transportation on its own), but I’ve decided to just try it and go in with the attitude that we won’t know how it works/if we like it unless we try it at least once. And I’m very excited to see the animals from our room, we did book a Savanna view, when you book that category do you normally make any room request or just go with it since you know you’ll have a good view no matter what?

We are currently at ALK Jambo, so far the bus transportation has been great, no issues going to or coming back from the parks.
As far as room requests, I requested near lobby, as a member has mobility issues. It can be long trip to your room if it is at the end of the building.
Enjoy your trip.

I have been wondering the same thing. We are doing our first club level stay in July. Since it is also savannah view, I have been wondering if a room request is necessary.

It's our first time to AKL in July and we want to make sure we get the best room for our stay. It's just the hubby and I celebrating our anniversary and we would like a quiet room with a good view of the zebra and giraffe savannas. We have a savanna view room. We've always stayed at WL before so this will be a new experience for us. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We are checking into Kidani on thursday can I order online with Public, chilled items mostly?

It's our first time to AKL in July and we want to make sure we get the best room for our stay. It's just the hubby and I celebrating our anniversary and we would like a quiet room with a good view of the zebra and giraffe savannas. We have a savanna view room. We've always stayed at WL before so this will be a new experience for us. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
First off... Happy anniversary! We spent our 10 year there last June without the kids and it was amazing.

If you don’t mind having a bit of a walk to your room the end of the wings seemed quiet when we were there. We only had one noise issue and that was due to drunk guests, not families or resort traffic.

We’re checking out of 2519 today and we’ve seen both zebras and giraffes every time we’ve looked out our window. Really fun birds too.

I just watch Tom Trackers AKL tour video (for the 2nd time :rotfl:). I’ve been twice before but I just love watching tours of the resorts. I can’t wait for our next stay in June, it’s our first stay in the villas. I read somewhere (maybe here) that the studios now have real silverware as opposed to plastic? Is that the case? And are the paper bowls and plates replaced or do we need to buy some if we need more?

Thanks. If it is anything like the DVC refurbs they will be removing the wallpaper and painting the walls a cream-ish color.

When you say "DVC refurbs" does that mean they already refurbed the 5th floor at Jambo? Or were you just talking Kidani. Thanks.

I just watch Tom Trackers AKL tour video (for the 2nd time :rotfl:). I’ve been twice before but I just love watching tours of the resorts. I can’t wait for our next stay in June, it’s our first stay in the villas. I read somewhere (maybe here) that the studios now have real silverware as opposed to plastic? Is that the case? And are the paper bowls and plates replaced or do we need to buy some if we need more?

Our first DVC stay is coming up in July and I would love to know this, too. His resort tour is what motivated us to stay there!

First off... Happy anniversary! We spent our 10 year there last June without the kids and it was amazing.

If you don’t mind having a bit of a walk to your room the end of the wings seemed quiet when we were there. We only had one noise issue and that was due to drunk guests, not families or resort traffic.
Thank you! We absolutely don't mind a little walk for some peace and quiet. We'll ask for a room at the end.

I love Tim Tracker and his crazy fun mustaches. Great videos too!

Is AKL still a cashless resort?

I’m interested in this as well, we generally take cash for little things like if we stop at the quick service and buy a snack or a drink or one small gift in the gift shop something small that we don’t want to put on our cards, etc. I don’t generally charge to Magic Bands, so I hope they accept cash at the resort, I didn’t even know a cashless resort was a thing at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter