Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Is AKL still a cashless resort?
I’m interested in this as well, we generally take cash for little things like if we stop at the quick service and buy a snack or a drink or one small gift in the gift shop something small that we don’t want to put on our cards, etc. I don’t generally charge to Magic Bands, so I hope they accept cash at the resort, I didn’t even know a cashless resort was a thing at WDW!
I used cash in the Jambo gift shop last Nov.

I have a question about bunk bed rooms in Savanna View that I haven’t been able to find an answer to despite searching. When the spring/summer deal was announced, we changed our room type from 2 Queens to 1 Queen/Bunk since it was significantly cheaper. There is just my husband and me, but I am all about having more money to spend on other areas of the trip and what the second bed was doesn’t really matter. Getting to the question, though, are the bunk bed rooms spaced out or in one area? We stayed on Zebra Trail in a perfect room on our honeymoon, and I was going to request something similar for this anniversary trip but am now worried that there might only be bunk bed rooms on other trail or in area with ton of kids/families. Nothing opposed to kids - just wondering if I lost my chance at a quiet room. :blush:

I have a question about bunk bed rooms in Savanna View that I haven’t been able to find an answer to despite searching. When the spring/summer deal was announced, we changed our room type from 2 Queens to 1 Queen/Bunk since it was significantly cheaper. There is just my husband and me, but I am all about having more money to spend on other areas of the trip and what the second bed was doesn’t really matter. Getting to the question, though, are the bunk bed rooms spaced out or in one area? We stayed on Zebra Trail in a perfect room on our honeymoon, and I was going to request something similar for this anniversary trip but am now worried that there might only be bunk bed rooms on other trail or in area with ton of kids/families. Nothing opposed to kids - just wondering if I lost my chance at a quiet room. :blush:

Is it standard, pool or savannah view? They're spread out, not all together in one area.

Is it standard, pool or savannah view? They're spread out, not all together in one area.
Savanna View

Weirdest thing, though. I just went to look at my reservation bc we were thinking of adding in a day, and the Sun/Fun offer was available now for even less for the 2 Queens Savanna, so I switched back to it. Clearly, a sign we should add a night since I have saved so much. :rotfl:

Thanks for your response!

Hi Melinda! Yes, we are in Jambo. I can't wait to be back at AKL and have an opportunity to introduce my DH to this beautiful resort! We are doing a split stay with four nights at AKL and five nights at Copper Creek!

Thanks so much!
Hah.. I read this and thought this is almost what we are doing....Jambo house to start for 5 nights then Wilderness Villas/ BRV for the remaining 5..

Any one staying at AKL Jambo, want a case of water, I bought too much. We check out Tues morning ,PM me if you want it

Hah.. I read this and thought this is almost what we are doing....Jambo house to start for 5 nights then Wilderness Villas/ BRV for the remaining 5..
great minds think alike! And we are there around the same time! For another funny coincidence, we also have twins....identical boys turning 17 next month!

WoW, talk about coincidence...I just noticed that yea. You'll be probably checkin out a day or 2 prior to us getting down there.... Do your twins still like going all the time or are they Disney'd out.... Because after 13 WDW (most of which are DVC) they still enjoy pretty much everything...

WoW, talk about coincidence...I just noticed that yea. You'll be probably checkin out a day or 2 prior to us getting down there.... Do your twins still like going all the time or are they Disney'd out.... Because after 13 WDW (most of which are DVC) they still enjoy pretty much everything...
...hey, you have TRIPLETS.....remember ME? :rolleyes:

We have a dinner at Sanaa, and I was wondering if there is anywhere at Kidani Village to get a drink before dinner where we can sit and see the savanna? Maybe a bar with a patio we can go out on or somewhere we can order a drink and bring it to the savanna view area?

Does your stay at the AKL include the activities at the resort? For example, does it include the safari ride at the resort? Or does the nightly resort rate only include your room and the pool?

Sorry if this question has been asked. I haven’t been on here in awhile and I’ve forgotten how to search topics on the forum.

For example, does it include the safari ride at the resort?

The ride you are thinking of at the resort is a private tour booked separately that costs extra. The safari ride at Animal Kingdom Park is included with park admission. It does not go to the resort savannas.

The other resort activities, like cultural representatives, animal information, kids “bead” activities (if they participate a CM hands out collectible beads), etc are included in your resort stay with the exception of certain items that are notated on the resort activities calendar (such as tie-dye t-shirts or painting ceramics).

I'm thinking about adding a room request fax on Touring Plans. Maybe someone here can help me decide. We have a pool view room. We would like Giraffe Trail on the 3rd floor close to the elevator. Anyone familiar with Giraffe Trail? Which of these rooms are closer to the pool elevator 3018 or 3028?

I'm thinking about adding a room request fax on Touring Plans. Maybe someone here can help me decide. We have a pool view room. We would like Giraffe Trail on the 3rd floor close to the elevator. Anyone familiar with Giraffe Trail? Which of these rooms are closer to the pool elevator 3018 or 3028?

It's best to stay away from room numbers and just word your request exactly like you did here. It ups your odds of getting what you want if you explain your preferences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!