Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We are in Kudu, 4th floor. Asked to be moved, but nothing else is available.

That's too bad. They really should have informed you - they owe that to all their guests, not just CL guests.

I'm sorry they aren't able to move you - they certainly should. When we stayed club level mid-May, all the CL rooms were on Zebra Trail, 4th floor. Still the older, non-refurbished room, but no complaints about the shape it was in. While we were there, work was going on in the lobby and one evening they didn't quit at 5pm (as we were told they would). The 5pm appetizer service in the Lounge was extremely loud until the crews finally quit for the evening (6:30ish). :headache:

Currently here now and I can't believe I didn't do my research. We are club level savannah view. Had no idea about the construction. I think I am a little frustrated that I didn't receive an email from Disney informing me this would be happening during my stay. :( Either way, the construction vehicles are close to the building and the noise can get loud. Nothing too early yet, fingers crossed. The animals are not around at those times but they do feed them close to the rooms at times, so you will still have the opportunity of seeing them. It just may not be as often as normal. The construction also impacts the walk to club level. We have to go down one floor on an elevator, down a long hall, through the lobby and up in another elevator to get there. Make sure you call ahead if this will bother you and request a room closer to the club level. And a friendly reminder to do your homework about your hotels, don't rely on the hotel to inform you of what is happening on property.
Hi! I have a CL stay at the end of July and have been trying to keep up with the construction info. I also have NOT received a notification from Disney about it. It's tough to know where the work will be when we are there and how intrusive it will be. Do you have any pics of the construction/machinery? Do you know how the work is moving, where they are working now and where hey will be next?

So I used to keep the "list" here and I let it get away from me so I just started over...

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2019 & 2020

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC

August

September

9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani

October

November

December

We are at AKV~Jambo from July 2-6!

We are at AKV~Jambo from July 2-6!
July
7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC
7/2 - 7/6 suse66 - AKV
7/13 - 7/16 Amy M - AKL CL
7/19 - 7/22 eratess - AKL Jambo
7/24 - 7/31 Lilysmom - Kidani
7/28 - 7/31 DisneyDiana - AKV CL
7/28 - 8/3 cakebaker - AKL CL

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2019 & 2020
If you have any updates please let me know…
June
6/13 - 6/16 Bearval - AKL
6/16 - 6/24 twinprincesses09 - AKL
6/18 - 6/25 traveler000mkl - AKL
6/19 - 6/23 usernamechuck - AKL Jambo
6/26 - 6/30 kdogfister - AKL Jambo
6/30 bobbie68 - AKL CL
July
7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - YC
7/2 - 7/6 suse66 - AKV
7/13 - 7/16 Amy M - AKL CL
7/19 - 7/22 eratess - AKL Jambo
7/24 - 7/31 Lilysmom - Kidani
7/28 - 7/31 DisneyDiana - AKV CL
7/28 - 8/3 cakebaker - AKL CL
August
7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo
7/29 - 8/4 Wayland10 - AKL Jambo
7/30 - 8/10 OThopeful35 - AKL
7/31 - 8/4 DisneyDiana - AKV Jambo
8/1 - 8/6 alex9179 - AKL
8/10 - 8/12 isabellea - AKL (no park stay)
8/11 - 8/17 bigjon94 - AKL Jambo
8/12 - 8/15 TMEF23 - AKL
8/13 - 8/17 anguyen - AKL
8/19 - 8/24 stace1214 - AKL
8/22 - 8/30 Jennie2003 - AKL
September
9/2 - 9/10 sethschroeder AKL
9/3 - 9/10 Micharlotte AKL
9/7 - 9/13 Jennasis - AKL
9/9 - 9/19 BabyFu18 - AKL
9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani
October
10/1 - 10/10 wifey - AKL
10/27 - 10/30 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
November
11/7 - 11/10 DisneyDiana - Kidani
11/12 - 11/17 minie_meese - AKL Jambo
11/16 - 11/18 RADOPT - AKL CL
11/23 - 11/28 Shelleyfs - AKV
December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL
January
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/25 - 1/27 KimBean - AKL
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL
February
March
April
May
June

6/28 - 7/4 DisneyDiana - AKV

That's too bad. They really should have informed you - they owe that to all their guests, not just CL guests.

I'm sorry they aren't able to move you - they certainly should. When we stayed club level mid-May, all the CL rooms were on Zebra Trail, 4th floor. Still the older, non-refurbished room, but no complaints about the shape it was in. While we were there, work was going on in the lobby and one evening they didn't quit at 5pm (as we were told they would). The 5pm appetizer service in the Lounge was extremely loud until the crews finally quit for the evening (6:30ish). :headache:

We had planned on requesting Zebra trail, close to the lobby. Other than the one night, was your stay impacted by the construction? There is no notices on the reservations page nor have I gotten anything regarding construction that would impact us. I'm going to be one unhappy camper if what I'm reading is what we experience. If they notify me, then it's on me, but if they don't tell us, it's on them and I would expect compensation for the inconvenience. I'm already leary of not being on the same floor as the lounge, but to have to make an even longer trek is not good.

We had planned on requesting Zebra trail, close to the lobby. Other than the one night, was your stay impacted by the construction? There is no notices on the reservations page nor have I gotten anything regarding construction that would impact us. I'm going to be one unhappy camper if what I'm reading is what we experience. If they notify me, then it's on me, but if they don't tell us, it's on them and I would expect compensation for the inconvenience. I'm already leary of not being on the same floor as the lounge, but to have to make an even longer trek is not good.

I understand your apprehension about staying at a CL where you're on a different floor, but let me assure you it's never been an issue for me or my family & friends. I'm fairly certain most all of the other AKL lovers here will agree!

The construction actually didn't impact our stay. When in the room, there was absolutely no construction noise. We were in the very first room off the lobby (Zebra Trail Savanna View) - # 4407. The location was great; the room was in great shape and what I really loved about it: it's a "Non-Connecting Room". That was the only request I made!

While the crews were working in the lobby, the sound did travel up to the Club Lounge so the one evening it was distracting. However, it appears from a prior post, the construction walls in the lobby are down so they have completed that work. Other than the work in the lobby, I never heard any other construction noise.

I understand your apprehension about staying at a CL where you're on a different floor, but let me assure you it's never been an issue for me or my family & friends. I'm fairly certain most all of the other AKL lovers here will agree!

The construction actually didn't impact our stay. When in the room, there was absolutely no construction noise. We were in the very first room off the lobby (Zebra Trail Savanna View) - # 4407. The location was great; the room was in great shape and what I really loved about it: it's a "Non-Connecting Room". That was the only request I made!

While the crews were working in the lobby, the sound did travel up to the Club Lounge so the one evening it was distracting. However, it appears from a prior post, the construction walls in the lobby are down so they have completed that work. Other than the work in the lobby, I never heard any other construction noise.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I will definitely request the zebra trail close to the lobby. I don't care at all if we're in the updated rooms, Iove the look of them just the way they are! I'm curious though, why do you prefer non-connecting?

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I will definitely request the zebra trail close to the lobby. I don't care at all if we're in the updated rooms, Iove the look of them just the way they are! I'm curious though, why do you prefer non-connecting?

For one thing, I find non-connecting rooms to be quieter. I’ve heard of guests putting towels in between the connecting doors (at many WDW resorts) to muffle the neighbor noise! ;)

Also, the non-connecting rooms at Jambo have a 3 or 4-drawer dresser in the spot where the door would be. Extra storage space! :thumbsup2 That’s in the old rooms - I’m not sure how the newly refurbished rooms are furnished.

Hi! I have a CL stay at the end of July and have been trying to keep up with the construction info. I also have NOT received a notification from Disney about it. It's tough to know where the work will be when we are there and how intrusive it will be. Do you have any pics of the construction/machinery? Do you know how the work is moving, where they are working now and where hey will be next?

Sorry for my slow response. We just returned home. They are working on Kudu side, maybe rooms 4200-4300. We were 4309 and some of the heavier machinery had been moved out right before we left. The noise was loud early in the trip, but much quieter after they moved out those vehicles. I asked at club if they knew the timeline of the construction and was told zebra is next but they didn't know when it would start. I did get a discount and some free fastpasses for the trouble, which I appreciate. I would not have minded being on a different floor than the club, but having to take two elevators to go around the construction, not to mention the distance of the room just made it less than ideal. It was just my daughter and I and when we are close to club, I don't mind her going alone to grab a drink or cookie. I wasn't comfortable having her go on her own from the room we were in. Even more so when I was told there are around 200 construction workers helping with the renovations. It just made it a little more difficult, because I went everytime she did.

Definitely call ahead. Also, I was told all 6th floor rooms (club floor) are DVC and not for regular guests so no way to get those if you are not DVC. The trip went well and we really enjoyed ourselves. In the future, if we decide to stay club level, I will probably pick a different resort. If it's a non-club stay, I would come back here. It's a beautiful resort and the savannah view is great.

Last edited:
I asked at club if they knew the timeline of the construction and was told zebra is next but they didn't know when it would start.
I wonder if construction is done on Kudu or will be by our trip in late July. I had planned on asking for Zebra to avoid it as much as possible but not sure now. I wonder if they’d know calling concierge services? If not who would be best to call?

Hi I just want to thank everyone for posting their experiences at the lodge and construction. I am checking in CL on the 30th and it is important to have a quiet location for my DD. I did call today and they told me to call back next week and put in a request for a quiet area. I am hoping that will do the trick. The new rooms sound awesome and would love to get one but my DD will not do good with noise and being rerouted to the lounge.

I'm a bundle of nerves about this upcoming stay. I had no idea there would be construction when we rented DVC points at 11 months. When I looked into switching a couple of months ago there wasn't anything else we wanted available. It's our first time staying DVC and I hope it isn't ruined by construction. This is the 3rd trip where we've been surprised by resort refurbs.

We have some late nights planned and now I am worried about the noise waking us up. We have savannah view booked and now I am worried about construction vehicles.

I decided to skip the room request this time and just see what happens. It's our first time at AKL and we were so excited to book it. Now with less than 3 weeks to go I am just worried.

I wonder if construction is done on Kudu or will be by our trip in late July. I had planned on asking for Zebra to avoid it as much as possible but not sure now. I wonder if they’d know calling concierge services? If not who would be best to call?

When I was asking at CL, they seemed to have a good knowledge of the upcoming construction. I would start there. It must be hard for them to be 100% sure of the timeframe in case things fall behind, or even ahead of schedule. Maybe some others might have some helpful info on who else you might be able to contact. With some of the heavier machinery being pulled out and the smell of paint, I would think they are in the finishing stages of Kudu (but I'm no expert, lol).

Hi I just want to thank everyone for posting their experiences at the lodge and construction. I am checking in CL on the 30th and it is important to have a quiet location for my DD. I did call today and they told me to call back next week and put in a request for a quiet area. I am hoping that will do the trick. The new rooms sound awesome and would love to get one but my DD will not do good with noise and being rerouted to the lounge.

Bobbie68, I hope you have a great trip and hopefully the information I shared helps you avoid some of the issues we had.

Definitely call ahead. Also, I was told all 6th floor rooms (club floor) are DVC and not for regular guests so no way to get those if you are not DVC. The trip went well and we really enjoyed ourselves. In the future, if we decide to stay club level, I will probably pick a different resort. If it's a non-club stay, I would come back here. It's a beautiful resort and the savannah view is great.
When AKL opened in 2001, it was all hotel rooms and suites and the CL lounge was located on the 6th floor along with CL rooms. In 2007, Disney completed conversion of those 6th floor rooms, all 5th floor rooms on Kudu and Zebra trail (note there are still 2 cash suites - Royal Asante and Kuba - on these trails) and many 5th floor rooms on Ostrich and Giraffe trail (there are still a few non DVC rooms on these trails) into DVC villas. The 6th floor villas are unique being the only club offerings in the DVC system, as such they are very much in demand amongst DVC AKV owners even tho’ the views from those 6th floor villas aren’t the best. People staying in club hotel rooms at Jambo report being in rooms on the 4th floor on Zebra and Kudu trail overlooking Arusha savanna.
Personally, I agree with you, if paying cash to stay CL, I’d stay elsewhere as well if easy exclusive CL access was important to me, but one of these years I hope to stay in one of those AKV 6th floor villas.

Hey All,
Heading down July 3 - 7. Taking my bro-in-law for his first Disney trip. We were interested in requesting a refurb room but were concerned the construction would detract from the "Magic" and possible animal sightings. I've been following along and it sounds like the Kudu construction is complete. Is this accurate? We still have time to change our room request on Touring Plans so just looking for a little insight!

Thanks!
-B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter