Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Any chance someone could post the August activities calendar? Or July if that’s all that’s available?

Same here. How do you go about asking for a partial view?
Do you call or write and if so what # or email address.

I always send a fax to the resort 5 days out and politely make the request. If you Google it, you'll find sample faxes.

Just remember that it's not guaranteed, it depends upon what's available when you check in.

there is no more kids club right? the first post still describes it but I thought I heard on a podcast that they closed.

We have booked a club level savannah view room with bunk beds for next month, but I know they are in process of removing them from rooms.
Has anyone had bunk beds recently?

We have booked a club level savannah view room with bunk beds for next month, but I know they are in process of removing them from rooms.
Has anyone had bunk beds recently?
Is Savannah View with Bunk Beds and CL access a bookable category? Are you somewhere outside the US? In the US, Savannah View with Bunk Beds was a bookable category and Savannah View with CL access was a bookable category, but not Savannah View with Bunk Beds and CL access.

In any case, most of the Savannah View with Bunk Beds rooms are gone. They have all been removed from the Kudu side and they are being removed from the Zebra side. If you do have Savannah View with Bunk Beds and CL access in your MDE, I would contact WDW about it and see if they can get you connecting rooms.

Is Savannah View with Bunk Beds and CL access a bookable category? Are you somewhere outside the US? In the US, Savannah View with Bunk Beds was a bookable category and Savannah View with CL access was a bookable category, but not Savannah View with Bunk Beds and CL access.

In any case, most of the Savannah View with Bunk Beds rooms are gone. They have all been removed from the Kudu side and they are being removed from the Zebra side. If you do have Savannah View with Bunk Beds and CL access in your MDE, I would contact WDW about it and see if they can get you connecting rooms.
Yes we are in the UK. When we booked in April 2018, Savannah view club level with bunk beds was a bookable category.
I will contact WDW like you suggested, thanks!

Hi All! We just made the switch from AS Sports to AKL. 8/22 - 9/3 - Needless to say we're super excited.

I tried looking for some rooms on TP but there are so many Standard options...2 queen, 1 queen and bunks, etc. My reservation just says standard room so I'm guessing it will be 2 queens. What area do you think is best? I'd love a refurbed one.

I apologize if someone has already asked this question, but does anyone know the estimated date the room refurbs will be completed?
We are thinking of staying the end of May 2020. I was wondering if the rooms will all be finished by that time?
Thank you!

Hi All! We just made the switch from AS Sports to AKL. 8/22 - 9/3 - Needless to say we're super excited.

I tried looking for some rooms on TP but there are so many Standard options...2 queen, 1 queen and bunks, etc. My reservation just says standard room so I'm guessing it will be 2 queens. What area do you think is best? I'd love a refurbed one.
I would not make the assumption that TP has up to date bed info for a hotel that is mid-refurbishment. They might! It just depends how long it’s been since Disney sent them an update, which they are under no obligation to do.

I would not make the assumption that TP has up to date bed info for a hotel that is mid-refurbishment. They might! It just depends how long it’s been since Disney sent them an update, which they are under no obligation to do.
What is TP

What is TP
Short for Touring Plans, a subscription service with additional information for WDW like estimated wait times by attraction by day, Fastpass availability, a dining reservation finder, and, most relevant here, a map of every room at all Disney hotels, with a picture of the view from the window and info about the category and beds therein. People use it to find rooms to request.

Short for Touring Plans, a subscription service with additional information for WDW like estimated wait times by attraction by day, Fastpass availability, a dining reservation finder, and, most relevant here, a map of every room at all Disney hotels, with a picture of the view from the window and info about the category and beds therein. People use it to find rooms to request.
You can look at their room finder tool w/out paying the subscription - however, reports are that it is not particularly reliable regarding the various views at AKL, likely because they have changed through the years & because the DVC villa view descriptions and the regular room view descriptions differ.

Have a great time, AKL is a lovely resort. I believe the rooms on Kudu trail have been refurbished ( but am not 100% sure.) If you want a partial savanna view then request that, or request Kudu trail where all of the standard view rooms front a savanna. If being close to the lobby is more important to you then request that.

August
7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo
7/29 - 8/4 Wayland10 - AKL Jambo
7/30 - 8/10 OThopeful35 - AKL
7/31 - 8/4 DisneyDiana - AKV Jambo
8/1 - 8/6 alex9179 - AKL
8/2 - 8/10 KangaFan AKL Kidani
8/10 - 8/12 isabellea - AKL (no park stay)
8/11 - 8/17 bigjon94 - AKL Jambo
8/11 - 8/17 StepDisney - AKL
8/12 - 8/15 TMEF23 - AKL
8/12 - 8/17 MLB1974 - AKL Kidani
8/13 - 8/17 anguyen - AKL
8/14 - 8/23 eeyore29 - AKL Jambo
8/19 - 8/24 stace1214 - AKL
8/22 - 8/30 Jennie2003 - AKL
8/22 - 9/3 donnaf516 - AKL
8/23 - 8/26 wendyone - AKL
8/23 - 8/26 meggers628 - AKL

Finally found a Passholder discount for a King room in November! Been checking since the discounts came out, and this is the first time I’ve seen one. Poked around and see them for some other November dates as well.

Wonder if perhaps they were holding them back for some reason- inventory during renovations, watching demand for other discounted rooms.

Hey yall! Just checking the boards and saying hi! We will be arriving 8/14-8/21 and staying at Kidani!
We will be staying there in December - what kind of room did you book? We will be in a standard studio. Any tips you pick up while at Kidani would be appreciated!

Hey yall! Just checking the boards and saying hi! We will be arriving 8/14-8/21 and staying at Kidani!
August
7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo
7/29 - 8/4 Wayland10 - AKL Jambo
7/30 - 8/10 OThopeful35 - AKL
7/31 - 8/4 DisneyDiana - AKV Jambo
8/1 - 8/6 alex9179 - AKL
8/2 - 8/10 KangaFan AKL Kidani
8/10 - 8/12 isabellea - AKL (no park stay)
8/11 - 8/17 bigjon94 - AKL Jambo
8/11 - 8/17 StepDisney - AKL
8/12 - 8/15 TMEF23 - AKL
8/12 - 8/17 MLB1974 - AKL Kidani
8/13 - 8/17 anguyen - AKL
8/14 - 8/23 eeyore29 - AKL Jambo
8/14 - 8/21 TinkerMamma88 - AKL Kidani
8/19 - 8/24 stace1214 - AKL
8/22 - 8/30 Jennie2003 - AKL
8/22 - 9/3 donnaf516 - AKL
8/23 - 8/26 wendyone - AKL
8/23 - 8/26 meggers628 - AKL

Hi,

I doubt that folk on this forum are aware, but in Australia the Woolworths supermarket chain are running a competition right now where 116 winners will win a 5 day trip for 4 to Disney World staying at AKL (standard view)
They are chartering a Qantas flight direct from Sydney to Orlando arriving (I think) on 19 January.
That's a looong flight for a short stay, but I still hope to win.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/the-lion-king?icmpid=sm-discover-home-lion-king
This might impact on room availability over those dates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter