Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Thanks for the thread - my girls (16 and 13) and I are staying (for the first time, ever!) at AKL Feb 4-11… so excited! And, seeing the pics of the room in this thread made us even more excited! Thanks, again!

We received some Pixie Dust last month - our Coronado Springs Business Class room was changed by Disney to Jambo House Club level! We stayed at Kidani two years ago and are excited to stay at the other half for Princess Half Marathon! :D
My dd21 best friend had that happen too. They are there now and I have been watching her posts on FB. It looks great!!

Thanks for the new thread! Just a suggestion but it would be nice to see more information about Kidani in the info. Perhaps a better pic of the map of Kidani? Thanks for all of the hard work putting this together :)

Seriously? No roll aways in the resort rooms? I knew that DVC would not give you a roll away but I was counting on one from the 2 bedroom suite. That is just crazy!

I guess I will try calling after the holiday rush and see what they tell me to do. I can not imagine having to bring a bed for our 6 year old granddaughter and I hate to have her on the floor.
.....the rooms that feature a couch opens up - it's a sleeper sofa.

It's even better than That...You don't have to pick up after them when they're done...LoL:teeth:
....except, of course, when they go swimming in the pool.....have a giant net ready to catch all the hair! :rotfl:

.....what I MEANT was that yes, they are still at home, and no, none of them are married....also, I don't know if you remember my brother, who had a lot of health issues - he passed away July of 2015.

Hey Kim, yes, I remember your brother, I'm SO sorry to hear he passed. HUGS

Checking into the new thread! I'm happy to be on the boards more often now so I can start at the very beginning of this one!
I think 149 days til we're checking in!!!

Going back (only took 5 months!) in early February, first time at AKL and wondering about the real world of using buses to get to MK. Stayed at GF last time and obviously the bus vs Monorail is not a comparison, just wondering if the number of buses in the AM especially keep up with crowds.

.....personally, I have never found the bus system to be a 'thorn-in-my-side', but that's not to say that the bus to Disney Springs isn't a nightmare. Of course, it has been my experience that ANY bus to Disney Springs is just plain awful, regardless of which resort you happen to be staying.....

125 days till our anniversary stay at AKL! So excited and thankful for all the info here on the boards.

Doing Kidani is a few weeks!!! Thinking we will do a rental this trip since we are also doing a split stay with 3 small kids. Are they still doing the kid bead stations at both resorts? I promise we would do it on our next trip:)

.....one of the main reasons for putting all my focus on Jambo House is that I simply don't know enough information about Kidani, primarily because it's a DVC [so, I leave that for the DVC experts on another thread....:) ] I do know that it is available at Jambo, so you might want to check with Guest Services when you check in....

....or, it's posted on a board something like this:

WDW2006117.jpg

Going back (only took 5 months!) in early February, first time at AKL and wondering about the real world of using buses to get to MK. Stayed at GF last time and obviously the bus vs Monorail is not a comparison, just wondering if the number of buses in the AM especially keep up with crowds.

Honestly the bus system, we've found is probably one of the best we've encountered..
TBH: The only ride that is remotely longer than other resorts is to MK. & that is maybe 20 minutes...
to Epcot maybe 11 mins.
to HS about 8 or 9
to AK maybe 5
I also thought that I heard a few weeks ago about possibly dedicated buses to MK instead of sharing from the 2 properties.

Honestly the bus system, we've found is probably one of the best we've encountered..
TBH: The only ride that is remotely longer than other resorts is to MK. & that is maybe 20 minutes...
to Epcot maybe 11 mins.
to HS about 8 or 9
to AK maybe 5
I also thought that I heard a few weeks ago about possibly dedicated buses to MK instead of sharing from the 2 properties.
....thanks.....it's also important to consider that it takes as much time for those who are staying at a 'monorail resort' to AK/DHS as vice-versa...

....thanks.....it's also important to consider that it takes as much time for those who are staying at a 'monorail resort' to AK/DHS as vice-versa...

True, but there are a lot of people that don't even consider those 2 parks....Especially when they say if they do go, they may just do about 4 things and leave after an hour or so. Great for families like ours who LOVE AK....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter