Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

For only $200 I’d stay at AKL over POR. Without it being too spread out I feel AKL has a lot of nice quiet spots to just relax. We love the pool there. We almost started at Beach Club for our next trip but I’ve heard how crowded the pool can get even in off times since it’s shared. So we opted to stay at AKL again. We didn’t find the buses to be an issue most of the time. We definitely add in a bit more travel time but not so much I feel it impacts our trip. We loved the Boma breakfast. Most of my family isn’t adventurous either and still found tons to eat.

However if you aren’t planning on spending time at the resort save your money and stay at POP and splurge on something else that will be more memorable for you!

Thank you so much for helping me make this decision! I agree with all that you said. We decided upon POP because, as you mentioned, we will save money and spending so much time in the parks means we will barely be at the resort :) Thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions! :)

So I did a thing! Going to be staying here in April for a long weekend. So excited!

I’ve booked us a standard room. What is the best wing for us to request (I know that reservation requests aren’t a sure thing and I’ll probably get a view of the parking lot)? I’d love to get a room with a bit of a view!

So I did a thing! Going to be staying here in April for a long weekend. So excited!

I’ve booked us a standard room. What is the best wing for us to request (I know that reservation requests aren’t a sure thing and I’ll probably get a view of the parking lot)? I’d love to get a room with a bit of a view!

I would word your request "partial savanna view please".

Hi everyone! We own at copper creek and have also stayed at the poly, but this will be our first trip to Jambo! Does anyone know what kind of coffee machine the studios have? I’m trying to jog my memory but I believe the poly studio had a drip coffee maker (can’t remember how many cups) and they had supplied us with one or two coffees (coffee in the filter basically, not sure what it’s called). Wondering if Jambo is the same and if I need to buy cream to go with the coffee too. Anyone know what brand the coffee machine is? Thanks!

Hi everyone! We own at copper creek and have also stayed at the poly, but this will be our first trip to Jambo! Does anyone know what kind of coffee machine the studios have? I’m trying to jog my memory but I believe the poly studio had a drip coffee maker (can’t remember how many cups) and they had supplied us with one or two coffees (coffee in the filter basically, not sure what it’s called). Wondering if Jambo is the same and if I need to buy cream to go with the coffee too. Anyone know what brand the coffee machine is? Thanks!
Its a full sized drip coffee pot. I am not sure how many cups, but definitely enough for multiple people. If you are drinking coffee daily I don't think there is enough creamer for more than a couple of days at best. We plan on bringing coffee, creamer and sugar.

When does Jambo House decorate for the Christmas Holidays? We are going to be there before Thanksgiving and we are wondering if the decorations will be up in the lobby?

Does animal kingdom lodge sell oat milk or almond milk in Mara or gift shop? Thank you in advance!

When does Jambo House decorate for the Christmas Holidays? We are going to be there before Thanksgiving and we are wondering if the decorations will be up in the lobby?
Last year it was during Thanksgiving week. We stayed there the weekend before Thanksgiving and it wasn't decorated, but we went for dinner at Boma mid week and I think it was done by then.

I just recently spoke to three CM's regarding room locations and the potential for views when making requests. Two out of the three consulted a back office (on site AKL) to inquire potential room views in all cateories, as the new renovations have changed the availability of views (something I had not known). Thus, making a request becomes difficult! Apparently there is NO opportunity for partial views with standard room type unless one is upgraded outright to a savannah room (comp or otherwise). This was NEW news to me....and please know I have not been there to confirm their communication to me regarding these views ( I find it extrememly difficult finding anyone to be completely transparent at WDW/ love Disney, but do not appreciate their vagueness). One can only assume that the previous "partial views" are now being categorized as "savannah", not standard. Additionally, they will not confirm when renovations will be complete. They just state "Winter 2020". Thus, depending on the time of one's visit the "view" potential in each booking category will be changed. After renovations are complete, they stated that there will no longer be a bunk bed category (they would not discuss suites or villa categories at all). They stated bath tubs will be on a request basis now as well. So, in the end my husband and I had to make two seperate reservations. One for AKL with Pool View as those views remain unchanged, and Copper Creek. Depending on what transpires between now and our visit Winter 2020 we will make a final decision then. I am not sure that helps at all. On the flip side of things...anyone who has ever stayed in a pool view we are most interested in your experience with that room type. By the way the third CM said we should call back, for she did not know! She stated they do not make that information known to her. That was the brief call...lol! I do not have any info on Christmas decor, but previous guests have commented that they do have Christmas decor around Thanksgiving. Not positive however.

Last edited:
I just recently spoke to three CM's regarding room locations and the potential for views when making requests. Two out of the three consulted a back office (on site AKL) to inquire potential room views in all cateories, as the new renovations have changed the availability of views (something I had not known). Thus, making a request becomes difficult! Apparently there is NO opportunity for partial views with standard room type unless one is upgraded outright to a savannah room (comp or otherwise). This was NEW news to me....and please know I have not been there to confirm their communication to me regarding these views ( I find it extrememly difficult finding anyone to be completely transparent at WDW/ love Disney, but do not appreciate their vagueness). One can only assume that the previous "partial views" are now being categorized as "savannah", not standard. Additionally, they will not confirm when renovations will be complete. They just state "Winter 2020". Thus, depending on the time of one's visit the "view" potential in each booking category will be changed. After renovations are complete, they stated that there will no longer be a bunk bed category (they would not discuss suites or villa categories at all). They stated bath tubs will be on a request basis now as well. So, in the end my husband and I had to make two seperate reservations. One for AKL with Pool View as those views remain unchanged, and Copper Creek. Depending on what transpires between now and our visit Winter 2020 we will make a final decision then. I am not sure that helps at all. On the flip side of things...anyone who has ever stayed in a pool view we are most interested in your experience with that room type. By the way the third CM said we should call back, for she did not know! She stated they do not make that information known to her. That was the brief call...lol! I do not have any info on Christmas decor, but previous guests have commented that they do have Christmas decor around Thanksgiving. Not positive however.

I would take much of this with a giant boulder of salt I just don't trust the phone CMs to actually have this information, even the so called 'back office' CMs. That's just my experience though. AKL and AKV originally had many rooms classified as savanna that they then re-classified to standard because of so many complaints of partial views, I do not see them going back to this at all. So many of these rooms have partial views that it seems absurd not to take requests as it doesn't require them to fulfill it. People have been told in the past that you can't make a request for a partial savanna view on a standard room when calling and we all know that's false so I just don't put much stock in the phone CMs' information.

We have had obstructed savanna views that we booked as standard view in the past. Last stay they gave us a pool view that we did not like. I stay to see the animals not sunbathers and kids on a slide. This time we booked savanna view so we would get what we wanted instead of leaving it to chance. Based on your phone conversations, If they give us a partial view I will not be happy and asked to be moved. We will be there next week so will try and report back.
I agree with @gillep , I would take the CM's word with a mound of salt. I have found that the phone CM's are very compartmentalized and only know what they were trained on.

gillep...I agree...what you said makes perfect sense and I stated as much to all three CM's. That being said, I have never been a gambler. So if someone books a parking lot view or roof top view they will need to be prepared to have that room view. I asked to make the "partial view" request myself when originally booking standard and was told it is a "futile" request. I just thought others might wish to know the most recent CM "party line" going into booking for 2020. I do appreciate your experience and could not agree more from a common sense stand point and resort lay out. Also if anyone who has stayed in a pool view room, I would love to hear your opinion on that view. Thanks.

We have had obstructed savanna views that we booked as standard view in the past. Last stay they gave us a pool view that we did not like. I stay to see the animals not sunbathers and kids on a slide. This time we booked savanna view so we would get what we wanted instead of leaving it to chance. Based on your phone conversations, If they give us a partial view I will not be happy and asked to be moved. We will be there next week so will try and report back.
I agree with @gillep , I would take the CM's word with a mound of salt. I have found that the phone CM's are very compartmentalized and only know what they were trained on.
P'colaBeachBum...
I would be most grateful if you have the time to report back on your experience. Thank you most kindly. Do you and gillep feel I should just go back to standard view booking then?

gillep...I agree...what you said makes perfect sense and I stated as much to all three CM's. That being said, I have never been a gambler. So if someone books a parking lot view or roof top view they will need to be prepared to have that room view. I asked to make the "partial view" request myself when originally booking standard and was told it is a "futile" request. I just thought others might wish to know the most recent CM "party line" going into booking for 2020. I do appreciate your experience and could not agree more from a common sense stand point and resort lay out. Also if anyone who has stayed in a pool view room, I would love to hear your opinion on that view. Thanks.

Agreed, if someone books a standard view room they need to be prepared for a standard view, regardless of whether they can put in a request for a partial savanna room or not. There are quite a few partial savanna views but someone is still going to get a standard view, a request is just a request.

Never stayed in a Jambo pool view but have stayed in a wilderness lodge pool view which is pretty similar. We liked the view (I think the view of the Jambo pool is very nice so I would be happy with that out my window) but it can get quite loud when they are doing the pool games in the afternoons.

ETA. If you will not be happy if you get a regular standard view then book the pool view. Someone IS going to get a standard view that books it and that may be you and there may be nothing that the resort can do about it. I only book rooms that I will be happy to stay in even if I get the worst view in that category.

P'colaBeachBum...
I would be most grateful if you have the time to report back on your experience. Thank you most kindly. Do you and gillep feel I should just go back to standard view booking then?
You can still put in a request for a partial savanna view when you book standard view. After our past trip I booked the view I wanted so I agree with @gillep. We were lucky to get a military discount for savanna view so it works for us...hopefully.

Hi all! Just booked a standard room for February. Last time we stayed at AKL, we also had a standard room but had requested a partial savannah view. We did get one and it was great. The only negative was that it was about a ten minute walk from the lobby. Are there any standard rooms, which could have a partial savannah view that are closer to the lobby or would they all be at the total end of the wings? Thanks.

Agreed, if someone books a standard view room they need to be prepared for a standard view, regardless of whether they can put in a request for a partial savanna room or not. There are quite a few partial savanna views but someone is still going to get a standard view, a request is just a request.

Never stayed in a Jambo pool view but have stayed in a wilderness lodge pool view which is pretty similar. We liked the view (I think the view of the Jambo pool is very nice so I would be happy with that out my window) but it can get quite loud when they are doing the pool games in the afternoons.

ETA. If you will not be happy if you get a regular standard view then book the pool view. Someone IS going to get a standard view that books it and that may be you and there may be nothing that the resort can do about it. I only book rooms that I will be happy to stay in even if I get the worst view in that category.

I think this is good advice. I’m ok getting a rooftop/parking lot view because of the amount of time we’ll be spending in our room. I will, however, still put in a request because it never hurts!

We put in a partial savannah view request for our January 2020 stay when we booked last week and the CM did not comment on it at all. Like previous posters have said, we have booked standard views and given partial savannah views without any room requests. I would also be quite disappointed if I booked a savannah view and received an obstructed partial view since the cost is quite a bit higher and I have seen the difference between a savannah view room and a partial savannah view...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!