Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2020 & 2021
If you have any updates please let me know…
January
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/10 - 1/17 BurleyGirl - AKL
1/11 - 1/15 MamaJessie - AKL
1/17 - 1/18 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
1/18 - 1/25 KathyTbell - AKL
1/24 - 2/2 shbarrett - AKL
1/24 - 2/3 youngdeb12 - AKL
1/25 - 1/27 KimBean - AKL
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL
1/28 - 2/4 mandis77 - AKL
February
1/31 - 2/14 KaboomBoxer - AKL
2/1 - 2/8 CODisFan - AKL
2/4 - 2/11 mullysisters - AKL
2/4 - 2/12 Mollygirl21 - AKV
2/8 - 2/13 quietly - AKL
2/13 - 2/15 Mom2Colin - AKL
2/14 - 2/20 MadMadamMim1 - Jambo
2/15 - 2/22 starousse - AKL Jambo
2/16 - 2/23 ursalita - AKL
March
3/1 - 3/6 shakes - AKL
3/4 - 3/14 VicarJT - AKL
3/7 - 3/14 nllmncsu - AKL
3/15 - 3/21 Grumpy by Birth - AKV Jambo
3/22 - 3/26 jennf - AKL Jambo
April
3/29 - 4/4 eeyoreandtink - AKL
3/29 - 4/5 andral - AKL Jambo
4/9 - 4/18 WolfePack811 - AKL
4/13 - 4/18 Pooh12863 - AKL Jambo
4/14 - 4/25 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
4/24 - 4/25 Sajchinook2015 AKL
4/27 - 5/8 lisa12000 - AKL
May
5/3 - 5/7 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
5/5 - 5/10 Lilylogan -AKL
5/21 - 5/28 disprincesspatty - AKL Jambo
5/21 - 5/30 dancemom1 - AKV Jambo
5/24 - 5/29 karen4546 - AKV Jambo
5/27-5/28 DigitalOlli - AKV Jambo
June
6/2 - 6/9 starfrenxy - AKL
6/5 - 6/13 DigitalOlli - AKV Jambo
6/6 - 6/12 malissa90 - AKL
6/14 - 6/21 amyadams1020 - AKL
6/24 - 6/27 DizDad7 - Vero
6/27 - 7/2 DizDaD7 - OKW
6/28 - 7/4 DisneyDiana - AKV
July
7/21 - 7/25 cmarsh31 - AKL
August
8/12 - 8/20 JRoyster86 - AKL
8/19 - 8/28 Minnieloves4 - AKL
September
9/4 - 9/13 arrical8 - Jambo
9/8 - 9/12 Gerweniel - AKL Jambo
9/10 - 9/24 atkinstogram - AKL CL
9/18 - 9/21 denise_q - Kidani
October
10/1 - 10/15 tinkerbell1991 - AKL
10/17 - 10/23 TheCars16 - AKL
November
11/4 - 11/10 goodeats - AKL Kidani
11/15 - 11/20 tinabina919 - AKL Jambo
11/21 - 11/28 #1eeyoregirl - AKL Jambo
December
January

Can you pop myself and DH in for ten days from 1st October this year at AKL please? Many thanks. All our plans last year went pear shaped but at least we are ok and looking forward to our vacation this year now.

Can you pop myself and DH in for ten days from 1st October this year at AKL please? Many thanks. All our plans last year went pear shaped but at least we are ok and looking forward to our vacation this year now.
Yes, and thank you for asking.

October
10/1 - 10/10 wifey - AKL
10/1 - 10/15 tinkerbell1991 - AKL
10/17 - 10/23 TheCars16 - AKL

Hi we are visiting 23rd September 2020 - 3rd October. Myself and my fella 🙂. I have a few minor questions firstly will all the rooms in jambo be refurbished by that point or will i have to request. Secondly If it is possible I would like a King. Feel a bit weird being in a room with 2 beds. Can i just call disney up and put in a request? Or do i wait until i check in..we have no other requests.

Hi we are visiting 23rd September 2020 - 3rd October. Myself and my fella 🙂. I have a few minor questions firstly will all the rooms in jambo be refurbished by that point or will i have to request. Secondly If it is possible I would like a King. Feel a bit weird being in a room with 2 beds. Can i just call disney up and put in a request? Or do i wait until i check in..we have no other requests.
September
9/4 - 9/13 arrical8 - Jambo
9/8 - 9/12 Gerweniel - AKL Jambo
9/10 - 9/24 atkinstogram - AKL CL
9/18 - 9/21 denise_q - Kidani
9/23 - 10/3 jf256 - AKL

i have same question in reverse- can I request 2 queens instead of a king with just 2 people in the room? what is best way to do that?

you can book a king room.

I see the refurbished rooms have Keurigs. We’ll be in a 1BR at Jambo next month. Do these have Keurigs yet?

I see the refurbished rooms have Keurigs. We’ll be in a 1BR at Jambo next month. Do these have Keurigs yet?

None of the DVC rooms at AKL or AKV have Keurigs, they have Mr. Coffee full coffee pots and this will likely not change until the next DVC refurb.

Do the Mara/ and or the drink station at Kidani have freestyle machines?

No. Just the regular soda machines.

This may be an obvious question, but I’ve only ever been to Disney on a package where I’ve had DDP and had a mug. This time only going for one night but spending time at the hotel. If I buy a fountain drink at the Mara are there free refills on soft drinks?

This may be an obvious question, but I’ve only ever been to Disney on a package where I’ve had DDP and had a mug. This time only going for one night but spending time at the hotel. If I buy a fountain drink at the Mara are there free refills on soft drinks?
I believe you get 3 refills (or 3 drinks total I can’t remember) with a time limit to use them maybe 90 minutes?

Unfortunately it wasnt an option on the UK site. I will try and call Disney and put a request in..

I’ve definitely been upgraded to a king room at other disney hotels in the past, so it’s definitely possible you’ll get one.

It’s too bad you can’t book the room type yourself. It’s less than 5$ more per day on the canadian site.

I have been here since Wednesday and I finally saw my first giraffe! I think they have to have been purposefully avoiding me!
DH and I were at a window table in Sanaa when a storm blew up out of nowhere ... a literal herd of giraffe went galloping past us in the torrential rain! It was amazing - I guess they were heading for their barn.

2 questions that maybe you know the answer to...when we were there in 2017, the Mara had soup of the day each day. It changed daily, and it was usually one of the soups they serve at Boma (I know because my absolute favorite from our first night at Boma showed up for dinner halfway through the trip!). Do they still do that or is it the same soup offered every day? (it's hard to tell on the menu!) I'm also wondering if you have a sense of where they are with construction. We have a savannah view booked for the end of January - I requested Zebra trail with my fingers crossed...THANKS!

So although I have seen 'soup of the moment' listed a couple nights on the menu the soups have been the same the entire time I have been here and are a butternut squash and curry coconut cauliflower, I asked the guy taking orders tonight and he said they only have the two and they are always the same...

Ostrich and Giraffe trails are still closed and there is obvious work being done to the facade of the Giraffe trail and the facade and the balconies of the Ostrich trail (my room basically faces the Ostrich trail so it is easier for me to see the work being done there, so they may also be doing balconies on the Giraffe trail and I just haven't explicitly seen it).

Giraffes still avoiding me, they must smell the desperation!

As for the CL lounge as there have been questions, the cordials are:
Kahlua
Taylor Fladgate 10 year Tawny Porto
Grand Marnier
Frangelico
Amarula

Not sure if I’m on the list - but I’m staying at AKV Jambo from April 23 - 30!
April
3/29 - 4/4 eeyoreandtink - AKL
3/29 - 4/5 andral - AKL Jambo
4/9 - 4/18 WolfePack811 - AKL
4/13 - 4/18 Pooh12863 - AKL Jambo
4/14 - 4/25 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
4/26 - 4/30 LaurenT AKV Jambo
4/24 - 4/25 Sajchinook2015 AKL
4/27 - 5/8 lisa12000 - AKL

So although I have seen 'soup of the moment' listed a couple nights on the menu the soups have been the same the entire time I have been here and are a butternut squash and curry coconut cauliflower, I asked the guy taking orders tonight and he said they only have the two and they are always the same...

Ostrich and Giraffe trails are still closed and there is obvious work being done to the facade of the Giraffe trail and the facade and the balconies of the Ostrich trail (my room basically faces the Ostrich trail so it is easier for me to see the work being done there, so they may also be doing balconies on the Giraffe trail and I just haven't explicitly seen it).

Giraffes still avoiding me, they must smell the desperation!

As for the CL lounge as there have been questions, the cordials are:
Kahlua
Taylor Fladgate 10 year Tawny Porto
Grand Marnier
Frangelico
Amarula

thanks for the update - does it look like Zebra trail is finished?

thanks for the update - does it look like Zebra trail is finished?

Haven't been following the renovations at all because they wouldn't ever apply to us but there is absolutely nothing going on that I have been able to see on the Zebra trail. If it was previously under renovation then my guess is that it is completely done and they have moved on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts