Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

They were willing to make drinks “to go”, and you could order take out food from Sanna ;although we were told it would probably be an hour wait just for the take out). We ended up riding to Jambo and getting a drink from their pool bar and sitting in the deserted Victoria Falls lounge to drink it (which was actually kinda fun).
We are planning on getting drinks and bread service + samosas to-go and eating in the room/balcony. Zebra Domes for dessert.

Does anyone know: Has this hour wait for the Lounge take-out been the case since reopening or is this just a Labor Day weekend thing?

Also, do you have to wait in a line (like in a crowd) or can you be somewhere nearby and wait for a call or text?

We are planning on getting drinks and bread service + samosas to-go and eating in the room/balcony. Zebra Domes for dessert.

Does anyone know: Has this hour wait for the Lounge take-out been the case since reopening or is this just a Labor Day weekend thing?

Also, do you have to wait in a line (like in a crowd) or can you be somewhere nearby and wait for a call or text?
Bread service and drinks in the lounge will be tough. When we talked to the desk, they mentioned that they only opened the lounge when the last reservation seating has been made and the lounge has cleared out. So you might be able to get in from 9ish to 11.
Not sure of the take out, we haven’t tried that. All the restaurants we’ve been to have asked for a phone number and will text you when table is ready.
We are going to Sana’a for dinner tonight, looking forward to our dinner

Bread service and drinks in the lounge will be tough. When we talked to the desk, they mentioned that they only opened the lounge when the last reservation seating has been made and the lounge has cleared out. So you might be able to get in from 9ish to 11.
Not sure of the take out, we haven’t tried that. All the restaurants we’ve been to have asked for a phone number and will text you when table is ready.
We are going to Sana’a for dinner tonight, looking forward to our dinner
Not interested in eating in the lounge. Just getting take out and going to our room to eat.

Any reports about if the Jambo pool bar is still open today, or if it was only for the holiday weekend? We’ll be at Jambo next month, and where we’ll eat dinner is starting to be worry.

If I missed this I apologize through the moving pieces, but is Sanaa the only place open for breakfast now too? I like a good breakfast, but also may just want to grab something small and go. Will be in November if that matters.

If I missed this I apologize through the moving pieces, but is Sanaa the only place open for breakfast now too? I like a good breakfast, but also may just want to grab something small and go. Will be in November if that matters.

Johari, the shop just off the lobby, also has food available.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to submit a room request for my upcoming trip... we're at KV, in a deluxe studio/savanna view. The only real preference I have is for an upper floor, but I don't know what else to ask for. Any suggestions? Should I even bother?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to submit a room request for my upcoming trip... we're at KV, in a deluxe studio/savanna view. The only real preference I have is for an upper floor, but I don't know what else to ask for. Any suggestions? Should I even bother?
Close to the lobby. We were 3 rooms from the end one time and omg that is a FAR walk.

Any reports about if the Jambo pool bar is still open today, or if it was only for the holiday weekend? We’ll be at Jambo next month, and where we’ll eat dinner is starting to be worry.
It was closed after the holiday weekend 👎🏻

Sorry if this has been asked, but are Jambo DVC rooms open for booking? We rented points from DVC-Rental for a confirmed reservation that had been on their site for months and it was listed as a deluxe studio at Jambo, but I’ve read that only the pool at Jambo is open and everyone with reservations has been moved to Kidani. We check in next week.

Is this the case, or are Jambo studios available to DVC members?

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked, but are Jambo DVC rooms open for booking? We rented points from DVC-Rental for a confirmed reservation that had been on their site for months and it was listed as a deluxe studio at Jambo, but I’ve read that only the pool at Jambo is open and everyone with reservations has been moved to Kidani. We check in next week.

Thanks!
I believe the DVC rooms are open. It's the hotel side that is not open. You should be fine :)

Thanks!

The DVC rooms are absolutely open. Be aware though that not much else is. The store is not open, nor are any of the restaurants or the lounge. The pool is open.

The DVC rooms are absolutely open. Be aware though that not much else is. The store is not open, nor are any of the restaurants or the lounge. The pool is open.

Since we are renting points, do you know if it would be possible for us to request a move to Kidani at check in without having to have them contact the DVC owner who made the reservation?

Since we are renting points, do you know if it would be possible for us to request a move to Kidani at check in without having to have them contact the DVC owner who made the reservation?

I would contact the broker, but I think that generally those confirmed reservations cannot be modified. If they do move you and the Kidani res is more points, the owner would be liable.

We rented points for a standard view deluxe studio for Labor Day weekend. We ended up with one night at Jambo and one at Kidani. Upon arrival at Jambo I asked if it was possible to stay both nights at one or the other so we wouldn't have to move. He said as long as we didn't change room categories and if there was availability we could. He checked and was able to put us for both nights at Kidani. We even lucked out with a partial savannah view. 20200906_142738.jpg
It was a long walk from the lobby but worth it for the view! I thought the hallway had a bad smell even thru the mask kinda like dirty carpet shampoo water. Did anyone else experience this?

Idk what is going on but there are a lot of people here. Like a lot. We were expecting a dead resort. People are all over the lobby. Sitting out in the chairs in the lobby. Last night we got back from dinner at the wave and the front desk had 4 staff members checking guests in. People have been running up and down the halls and the lobby all day. Not gunna lie I am disappointed. I was expecting a dead resort. Somehow mentioned a few weeks ago only seeing one or two other families. Unfortunately that’s how many families we’ve been sharing elevators with all weekend. We have no idea why or what’s going on. Hoping Monday things slow down. Not sure if they had to move people over here from Kidani or what but it’s nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!