Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Idk what is going on but there are a lot of people here. Like a lot. We were expecting a dead resort. People are all over the lobby. Sitting out in the chairs in the lobby. Last night we got back from dinner at the wave and the front desk had 4 staff members checking guests in. People have been running up and down the halls and the lobby all day. Not gunna lie I am disappointed. I was expecting a dead resort. Somehow mentioned a few weeks ago only seeing one or two other families. Unfortunately that’s how many families we’ve been sharing elevators with all weekend. We have no idea why or what’s going on. Hoping Monday things slow down. Not sure if they had to move people over here from Kidani or what but it’s nuts.

I noticed a lot more people checking in if Fridays. CMs have said the weekends have been more busy than during the weekdays. We have noticed this to be true at universal and Disney. one of the front desk cms mentioned that Jambo pool bar is also open for the weekend. I wish they had some other food options besides Sana’a and the Kidani stores limited selection. Especially since the transport between Jambo and Kidani can only take 1 party at a time. They have been pretty good about buses to the parks though.

Not gunna lie I am disappointed. I was expecting a dead resort. Somehow mentioned a few weeks ago only seeing one or two other families. Unfortunately that’s how many families we’ve been sharing elevators with all weekend. We have no idea why or what’s going on. Hoping Monday things slow down. Not sure if they had to move people over here from Kidani or what but it’s nuts.

We have stayed 5 weekends since they have opened and the last 2 weekends definitively had more people. Waiting for the elevator was interesting.

I feel like they could handle the Jambo/Kidani Tram a little better. You never know where its pulling up to and if you are waiting in the wrong spot someone else will jump on. When we let a CM know we are waiting for the tram they told us we couldn't ride with another family which we already knew it was 1 family per ride. that same CM tried to tell another party to join or tram.

We have stayed 5 weekends since they have opened and the last 2 weekends definitively had more people. Waiting for the elevator was interesting.

I feel like they could handle the Jambo/Kidani Tram a little better. You never know where its pulling up to and if you are waiting in the wrong spot someone else will jump on. When we let a CM know we are waiting for the tram they told us we couldn't ride with another family which we already knew it was 1 family per ride. that same CM tried to tell another party to join or tram.
1st time to AKL so I have no idea..... Wondering is it *possible* to walk from Kidani to Jambo and back? IF one has the time and leg-energy to do it? We will be at Kidani soon and since we have so much non-park time, might like to just wander around Jambo a bit and explore.

1st time to AKL so I have no idea..... Wondering is it *possible* to walk from Kidani to Jambo and back? IF one has the time and leg-energy to do it? We will be at Kidani soon and since we have so much non-park time, might like to just wander around Jambo a bit and explore.

yea its a quick maybe 5 min walk? They have signs telling you where to go.

We stay here often and are here now. We always walk back and forth. Very nice walk.

Can someone currently there grab a photo of the resort activity guide for the month? I know offerings are limited compared to usual, but trying to figure out how much downtime stuff to pack for our trip next month
I’m not sure they HAD one. No paper guides were in the room this past month. There were pool activities during the day but no cultural reps, bead activities, culinary tours etc when we were there. There were a few cast members posted at the Savannahs by Sanaa and the Kidani pool who were willing to share what they knew. There’s apparently a hidden Mickey hunt paper you can request too. I think they did have the movie a few days a week and the community center was open.

We just got back from our 9/6-9/13 stay at Kidani. Here are some things I noted:
  • Sanaa take-out.
    • Can only be ordered in-person at the dedicated take-out register on the left of the check-in counter. They will not accept phone-in orders.
    • On Monday night (9/6) at 8pm there was one other person ordering take-out when I arrived.
    • Our order (for 3) took about 15 minutes to prepare.
    • There is no line for tips on the check they ask you to sign.
  • Pools
    • Kidani pool on Thursday around 10am was crowded, but not so much that we couldn't physically distance adequately. There were usually 3-4 people in line for the slides at any given time.
    • Jambo pool on Saturday around 5pm was a ghost town...probably 4 other groups. Granted, it had been raining on/off all day. Pool bar was open.
  • Crowds
    • The lobby, elevators, and hallways on the south wing of the resort were relatively deserted all week until Friday night. We noticed a marked uptick when the weekend crowds showed up. Lots more awkward elevator sharing and a tougher time parking than during the week.
    • Jambo lobby and elevators were very empty (as expected) when we walked through on Saturday evening en route to the pool. I saw one person in the lobby when we passed through and snapped a picture (below) of an empty lobby on our way out at 6:31pm.

Hi Guys! We are booked for Kidani for the end of the year but prefer Jambo, how can I keep track to see when and if they will be open by then?

Also since Sanaa will now be the only place I can eat at Kidani, do we need reservations for breakfast and lunch? Are they even open for lunch? I've only ever done breakfast and dinner in the past

Thanks!

Hi Guys! We are booked for Kidani for the end of the year but prefer Jambo, how can I keep track to see when and if they will be open by then?

Also since Sanaa will now be the only place I can eat at Kidani, do we need reservations for breakfast and lunch? Are they even open for lunch? I've only ever done breakfast and dinner in the past

Thanks!
Sanaa takes reservations for lunch and dinner and breakfast is quick service.

The DVC portion of Jambo is already open. I do not expect that the hotel portion will open in 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter