Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Does anyone know if they are limiting the amount of people in the resorts orare they selling to capacity?

How about Kidani? Are they selling at capacity or are they limiting the number of guests? Thanks :)

Once a DVC resort is open, there is no limit as it is a timeshare and can’t legally limit occupancy unless rooms are taken out of service for issues.

So, all DVC rooms can be booked up.

How about Kidani? Are they selling at capacity or are they limiting the number of guests? Thanks :)
I’m here now and can tell you during the week it’s pretty quiet but last night and tonight it’s grand central station. It’s nuts. There’s people everywhere- hallways and elevators are people everywhere, line to get in the shop, people all over the lobby. Feels like the Polynesian lobby only half the size. I’m assuming it’s because all the parks are closed so early so every is back at the resort. We have stayed here so many times- many times where the whole resort is sold out, and have never seen it like this.

We just left Kidani. So if you get to the bus about an hour before parks open (not HS), and you get to the parks 30 min early, you'll beat the day guests parking in the lot to the rides and you can start riding things. There aren't enough buses running to HS in the morning or to Disney Springs at night to eat dinner. We were at the bus stop for HS an hour early, there were 3 buses full of people waiting. We got into Studios with about 2 minutes to spare to try to get a boarding group.

We found the pool to be almost uncomfortably crowded several evenings.

We just left Kidani. So if you get to the bus about an hour before parks open (not HS), and you get to the parks 30 min early, you'll beat the day guests parking in the lot to the rides and you can start riding things. There aren't enough buses running to HS in the morning or to Disney Springs at night to eat dinner. We were at the bus stop for HS an hour early, there were 3 buses full of people waiting. We got into Studios with about 2 minutes to spare to try to get a boarding group.

We found the pool to be almost uncomfortably crowded several evenings.
I agree. We’re here now and have been for a week. I can’t understand how the pool is considered safe at all at times. They are using all the tables and they are no way 6 feet apart. There’s so many people in the pool, there’s no way to distance. Buses have been great other than HS and springs. We have our car, so when we got there at 8:45 and we’re told it was at least 4 buses, we drove. Same with DS. We got there and there were at least 25-30 people waiting and the bus came 75% full from jambo and let one family on. So we left. We had a message on our phone saying if you have a car- please drive. Not what we planned, we like taking buses usually, but now realizing it’s nice to not have to wear masks on the way there.

Staying at Kidani, we also have car. Was there any time of the day when the pool was noticeably emptier? Also, is it allowed to hop over to Jambo and use their pool? I had heard it was less busy there.

Staying at Kidani, we also have car. Was there any time of the day when the pool was noticeably emptier? Also, is it allowed to hop over to Jambo and use their pool? I had heard it was less busy there.

Yes you can use Jambo’s pool. Kidani’s pool was fairly empty at 5pm yesterday but it was a rainy day and the parks were still open.

If staying at Jambo, is the bus situation a little bit better than at Kidani to go to HS? Or still would it be recommended to drive?

We're getting really excited for our trip... arriving 10/12 to a deluxe studio at Kidani. I tried searching but didn't really find an answer - would a cold therapy pack fit in the freezer compartment in the mini-fridge? Just wondering if I should bother to bring one or just rig something up with a couple large baggies and some ice. Thanks!

We're getting really excited for our trip... arriving 10/12 to a deluxe studio at Kidani. I tried searching but didn't really find an answer - would a cold therapy pack fit in the freezer compartment in the mini-fridge? Just wondering if I should bother to bring one or just rig something up with a couple large baggies and some ice. Thanks!

It depends on how big it is. The freezer space is not very large. To describe it, think of a frozen entree size like a Lean Cuisine meal. You could fit two of those. This is not my picture, but shows the fridge pretty well.

It depends on how big it is. The freezer space is not very large. To describe it, think of a frozen entree size like a Lean Cuisine meal. You could fit two of those. This is not my picture, but shows the fridge pretty well.

Thanks! That's very helpful. I'm betting I could fold it and make it work... if not, there's always ice!

I booked a 2 bedroom villa at kindani through Disney. If it were a LO, would my reservation say that?
Also, we booked a standard view. Are there any room requests I can make that might give us a partial Savannah view room?

I booked a 2 bedroom villa at kindani through Disney. If it were a LO, would my reservation say that?
Also, we booked a standard view. Are there any room requests I can make that might give us a partial Savannah view room?

Just wanted to say, if you don’t get good feedback here you may want to post on the DVC Resorts board as well to get more coverage to Kidani pros

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter