Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Brandi, would you please add us to the list? Thanks!

Jack and I will be staying at the Beach Club Villas - Oct. 29 - Nov. 2.
October

DisneyWillow1975, Sep 30th - Oct 7th, AKL

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Mkburme, 6th - 12th, AKV

Duder92, 9th - 14th, Jambo House

Irish_Mike, 9th - 15th, Kidani

Jessie31383, 13th - 17th, Jambo

#1eeyoregirl, 13th - 17th, AKL

Shannie102, 14th - 18th, AKL

Luvfigment, 14th - 21st, AKL

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Ameetee, 22nd - 28th, AKL

Kimmar067, 27th - 31st, BWV

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

John's Mom, 29th - Nov 2nd, BCV

So I know this isn't a DVC thread, but I thought I'd ask here since it's about AKL specifically.

During our December trip we're going to get a tour and meet with the DVC team at AKL and we are hoping to start the purchase process while we are there, but we want AKL to be our home resort. I know they will push Wilderness Lodge as that is the newest location, but what are the odds of actually getting AKL as our home resort?

So I know this isn't a DVC thread, but I thought I'd ask here since it's about AKL specifically.

During our December trip we're going to get a tour and meet with the DVC team at AKL and we are hoping to start the purchase process while we are there, but we want AKL to be our home resort. I know they will push Wilderness Lodge as that is the newest location, but what are the odds of actually getting AKL as our home resort?
I assume they'll push Copper Canyon & Poly which is not yet sold out, but if you want AKV, I'm sure they'll sell you AKV points, as they probably have them available, unlike, say VGF points which are really hard to get direct.
But my question is why pay so much buying direct when the points can be purchased resale for around 1/2 the price, and if you want DVC member benefits do a 25 pt. add on at AKV after your major purchase.
Try asking your question here https://www.disboards.com/forums/purchasing-dvc.28/ they're friendly folks in the DVC threads & have loads of experience and insight into buying DVC, might as well learn from the experts :)

We are here now, just enjoying our balcony before heading to Epcot. The mugs in the Mara all still have white handles and the new toiletries/amenities are huge! Love that change. Happy to be "home" :lovestruc
....thanks for the info and updates...

We are here now, just enjoying our balcony before heading to Epcot. The mugs in the Mara all still have white handles and the new toiletries/amenities are huge! Love that change. Happy to be "home" :lovestruc

Oooh, what new toiletries/amenities? I must have missed something :)

Oooh, what new toiletries/amenities? I must have missed something :)
They are now larger size H2O products in the sea salt scent rather than the old grapefruit fragrance. I'm unfortunately back at work this morning but can snap a pic when I go home. They are in squeeze tubes and look about twice the size of the older version! I think I saw a photo farther back in this thread as well :-) I love the sea salt fragrance - clean and relaxing!!

They are now larger size H2O products in the sea salt scent rather than the old grapefruit fragrance. I'm unfortunately back at work this morning but can snap a pic when I go home. They are in squeeze tubes and look about twice the size of the older version! I think I saw a photo farther back in this thread as well :-) I love the sea salt fragrance - clean and relaxing!!

You just made my day!! Sea Salt is my favorite (do not like the grapefruit) and I have 60# of hair - so bigger bottles would be so nice!!!

We will be at Kidani starting on the 29th! Does anyone know if Dominos will deliver to the resort? I have teenagers from California and late night dining options are needed.

Thank you!

We will be at Kidani starting on the 29th! Does anyone know if Dominos will deliver to the resort? I have teenagers from California and late night dining options are needed.

Thank you!

I saw someone (a guest, not a Domino's employee) carrying in Domino's in the Jambo House elevators so I would think yes, you might just need to meet the driver at the lobby.

You just made my day!! Sea Salt is my favorite (do not like the grapefruit) and I have 60# of hair - so bigger bottles would be so nice!!!
IMG_7929.JPG

The small bottle came from the Grand Californian (I think) but is the same size as the old grapefruit amenities. The back of the old one says it is 1.25 oz and the new larger amenities are 2 oz each.

Thank you!

They do deliver there. That was, initially, our arrival night plan. But, we are now arriving 8 hours earlier, so hitting BoatHouse instead :)

They do deliver there. That was, initially, our arrival night plan. But, we are now arriving 8 hours earlier, so hitting BoatHouse instead :)

Excellent! We get a little tired of the Mara so, this is a good option. I'll buy some gift cards from cardpool to save a little $.
:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter