Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I would imagine that DSS would be able to find out for us. They have a schedule, and while things can fall behind schedule, it should give us a pretty good idea. Let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

I'm going to wait until closer to our dates in order to get the most up to date information as possible. I don't usually get around to making room requests until then anyway. We'll be there 7/28. I'll post here anything I find out. Hopefully others will share their experiences as well.

First stay at AKL July 29 - August 4. I'm so excited!! We'll be in a standard view Jambo studio. I'm on the fence whether to put in a room request or not. I don't want to be disappointed if I don't get what I ask for lol.
I would put in a request. They seem to be really good at granting request from what I have heard. We leave on the 30th

Tonight when I opened my sons snack drawer I got an idea...he has microwaveable ( Annie's) macaroni and cheese cups which are basically pasta in a cup, then you add the cheese...anyway- maybe you could get some of those and use the microwave at the Mara. Add your own sauce?

That's too bad. They really should have informed you - they owe that to all their guests, not just CL guests.

I'm sorry they aren't able to move you - they certainly should. When we stayed club level mid-May, all the CL rooms were on Zebra Trail, 4th floor. Still the older, non-refurbished room, but no complaints about the shape it was in. While we were there, work was going on in the lobby and one evening they didn't quit at 5pm (as we were told they would). The 5pm appetizer service in the Lounge was extremely loud until the crews finally quit for the evening (6:30ish). :headache:
Sorry for my slow response. We just returned home. They are working on Kudu side, maybe rooms 4200-4300. We were 4309 and some of the heavier machinery had been moved out right before we left. The noise was loud early in the trip, but much quieter after they moved out those vehicles. I asked at club if they knew the timeline of the construction and was told zebra is next but they didn't know when it would start. I did get a discount and some free fastpasses for the trouble, which I appreciate. I would not have minded being on a different floor than the club, but having to take two elevators to go around the construction, not to mention the distance of the room just made it less than ideal. It was just my daughter and I and when we are close to club, I don't mind her going alone to grab a drink or cookie. I wasn't comfortable having her go on her own from the room we were in. Even more so when I was told there are around 200 construction workers helping with the renovations. It just made it a little more difficult, because I went everytime she did.

Definitely call ahead. Also, I was told all 6th floor rooms (club floor) are DVC and not for regular guests so no way to get those if you are not DVC. The trip went well and we really enjoyed ourselves. In the future, if we decide to stay club level, I will probably pick a different resort. If it's a non-club stay, I would come back here. It's a beautiful resort and the savannah view is great.
Bella, what's that about the lobby? What are they doing (or what did they do)? I thought it was just a room refurb...

My dad and I loved our pool view room. We had 4028.
43035341782_5a415e4d6b_c.jpg

This was our view:
28216862297_e33d23a23d_c.jpg

29224974358_36ee9f58a8_c.jpg

I really loved the view.
42384610954_a4da7f761b_c.jpg

It's close to the lobby (but there is a pod of rooms that are even a bit closer) and it's also close to another set of elevators that goes down straight to the pool. It was a super convenient walk to the pool and The Mara!
Hello Kara I just booked a pool view room for the end of September. Do you know if the pool view rooms have been renovated. Also is there any construction going on in the lobby. First time at AKL and very excited. Your pictures are gorgeous! Thank you, Cheryl

I'm taking my new husband to WDW for the first time next year. I made a little PPT of all the different Deluxe Resorts/Villas and told him that it's 100% his choice where we stay, since he's never stayed onsite before.

I was VERY excited to hear that he wants to stay at AKL! So we'll be doing 2 weeks there next September. I'm so excited that I we finally have a resort picked so I can obsessively start researching it. I've never stayed at AKL, but I've visited a few times. And as a huge animal lover, Animal Kingdom is my favourite park. So it all works out well for me since that's the park we'll be closer to.

Now to decide whether we want to book through Disney or through a DVC rental.

Hello Kara I just booked a pool view room for the end of September. Do you know if the pool view rooms have been renovated. Also is there any construction going on in the lobby. First time at AKL and very excited. Your pictures are gorgeous! Thank you, Cheryl

That’s exciting! I love the pool view rooms. I’m unsure which rooms have been renovated at this point, I want to say some along Kudu Trail. Hopefully someone else can chime in with an answer!

That’s exciting! I love the pool view rooms. I’m unsure which rooms have been renovated at this point, I want to say some along Kudu Trail. Hopefully someone else can chime in with an answer!
Thank you very much Kara for replying. I am just very excited to stay there and the room does not really matter.

Bella, what's that about the lobby? What are they doing (or what did they do)? I thought it was just a room refurb...

There was no construction while I was there in the lobby, but they did have the hallway/balcony above the lobby on floors 4 and 5 (Kudu side) roped off. Probably because it is the interior of these rooms they are currently working on. The hallway closures were the main reason for all running around to get to the club from Kudu.

Last edited:
Mason, Ohio??? That is near me! I know what you mean though! My girls love staying in any hotel. Although, since we have been going to Disney they’re starting to expect more out hotels!
I'm 50 miles from Cincinnati.

Seeing a lot of pics on another FB group about the heavy machinery in the Savannah for the refurbishment. It seems to be currently in the main Savannah off Kudu. It seems that currently zebra is ok. But, my reservation is for the end of next month. Will it have reached zebra trail by then? We haven’t had much luck recently with room requests, so I’m afraid that we’ll face the construction, have construction noise, etc.
I'm also wondering about the refurbishment. We will be there next week.

Looking forward to your update. We will be there next week!
I'm on Zebra trail, facing Uzima savanna, no signs of work whatsoever here or in the lobby. The room is beautiful, its non-refurbished glory unaffected by finding the only place to charge the phone is by the sink!

Seriously, it's the first time for me, it's really an amazing place. As good as I might have hoped. I don't know if we just got lucky with the room, so far it's a 10. I'll report better tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm on Zebra trail, facing Uzima savanna, no signs of work whatsoever here or in the lobby. The room is beautiful, its non-refurbished glory unaffected by finding the only place to charge the phone is by the sink!

Seriously, it's the first time for me, it's really an amazing place. As good as I might have hoped. I don't know if we just got lucky with the room, so far it's a 10. I'll report better tomorrow.
Hi - Just wondering is there still construction machinery on Kudu trail?

Just booked our 2020 trip and we're excited to be returning to Jambo House! We'll be there 4/14/20-4/25/20. Looking forward to our savanna view, breakfast at Boma, the Star Wars races, my nephew's high school band performing at DS - it's gonna be a great trip!

I'm taking my new husband to WDW for the first time next year. I made a little PPT of all the different Deluxe Resorts/Villas and told him that it's 100% his choice where we stay, since he's never stayed onsite before.

I was VERY excited to hear that he wants to stay at AKL! So we'll be doing 2 weeks there next September....
....wow...AWESOME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts