Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Here now on Zebra trail. The rooms in this section have not been refurbished. We paid for a savannah view but our room faces the Arusha Rock section where everyone can see right into your room. We made one request for connecting rooms with our family but it was not granted. We were assigned an HA room which we don’t need. Last year we had a perfect room and view. Sort of disappointed this time.

I'm on Zebra trail, facing Uzima savanna, no signs of work whatsoever here or in the lobby. The room is beautiful, its non-refurbished glory unaffected by finding the only place to charge the phone is by the sink!

Seriously, it's the first time for me, it's really an amazing place. As good as I might have hoped. I don't know if we just got lucky with the room, so far it's a 10. I'll report better tomorrow.
There is currently no construction equipment on the Ariana savanna. But as others noted, some rooms on the 4th and 5th floor, off the lobby, are being refurbished. If looks to me like they're doing Ostrich Trail next.

There is currently nothing on Zebra or facing the pool, but hard to say how it will be in a few weeks... Here's a pic of Arusha, I tried to get a somewhat sweeping view.

There is currently no construction equipment on the Ariana savanna. But as others noted, some rooms on the 4th and 5th floor, off the lobby, are being refurbished. If looks to me like they're doing Ostrich Trail next.

There is currently nothing on Zebra or facing the pool, but hard to say how it will be in a few weeks... Here's a pic of Arusha, I tried to get a somewhat sweeping view.
View attachment 410558
Thank you for letting us know.

I should say, maybe they will start zebra next? Some loud jackhammer sounds at 9:15… which was actually a good thing for me since I had slept through my alarm and was about to miss some meetings (up till 230am for private Harry Potter event the night before). I didn't get the chance to ask what it was, I'll try to get more info before I check out.

I should say, maybe they will start zebra next? Some loud jackhammer sounds at 9:15… which was actually a good thing for me since I had slept through my alarm and was about to miss some meetings (up till 230am for private Harry Potter event the night before). I didn't get the chance to ask what it was, I'll try to get more info before I check out.
Not too early I guess! What time do they finish in the day?

Hi All,
Sorry for the duplicate post but I don't think my initial question was answered, so hoping someone can help!

We're heading down July 3 - 7. Staying at AKL, have currently set our room requests for Zebra trail. It sounds like the refurbishments are now complete on Kudu trail. Wondering if anyone can confirm that, and if anyone can let us know the rooms that have been refurbed? We'd like to switch our requests to a refurb room if possible so any info you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

So, we're headed out in the morning, wishing we were staying rather than changing to CB. Right now they're not doing externally visible work anywhere, from what I could tell. (and I think I saw jambo from every angle). I asked a cm, she said the cms don't know but their theory is that zebra will be next. I'd go with ostrich tbh, but she would probably know better than I.

Kids were very excited to collect all the beads. Kidani pool is amazing for tweens, so much better atmosphere than Jambo pool. Boma was nice but not worth the money. Wish they'd get better movies in the night! Those are my thoughts, take them for what they're worth.

Hi All,
Sorry for the duplicate post but I don't think my initial question was answered, so hoping someone can help!

We're heading down July 3 - 7. Staying at AKL, have currently set our room requests for Zebra trail. It sounds like the refurbishments are now complete on Kudu trail. Wondering if anyone can confirm that, and if anyone can let us know the rooms that have been refurbed? We'd like to switch our requests to a refurb room if possible so any info you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

From everything I've seen on here and other forums, it seems like the refurbed rooms are all on the Kudu trail. Your best bet for a refurb room would be that area.

Have a great trip and be sure to share pics! 😁

Am I the only one who really prefers the look of the old rooms? I know Disney has been slowly ditching all its theming but Animal Kingdom's theming was so iconic. This is just such an incredible shame. It looks like a random hotel room with a couple of Lion King prints tacked onto the walls. I'm really tempted to request a non-refurbished room, but I don't want to be woken by loud construction in the next room either :(

We are checking in on June 28th for 4 nights on my friends CM discount standard view. I'm sure since we have a discount we will get a less than desirable location(that's usually the case I think). Anyway, we will be spending lots of time at the resort so I want to be as far from noise as possible. What area should we request to avoid construction noise?
June
6/13 - 6/16 Bearval - AKL
6/16 - 6/24 twinprincesses09 - AKL
6/18 - 6/25 traveler000mkl - AKL
6/19 - 6/23 usernamechuck - AKL Jambo
6/26 - 6/30 kdogfister - AKL Jambo
6/28 - 7/2 Crazy Kanga - AKL
6/30 bobbie68 - AKL CL

We'll be at AKL-Jambo 8/14-8/23 to celebrate our daughter's 10th birthday. We stayed here 1 night before a Disney cruise 3 years ago, so we didn't have much time to explore the resort or check out any of the activities. I'm really looking forward to doing both this time around. In the past we've mostly been park people, but I'm planning a lot of downtime to cope with the August heat/humidity (which is why we're doing 9 nights instead of our usual 5-7), and AKL seems perfect for that! :)
August
7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo
7/29 - 8/4 Wayland10 - AKL Jambo
7/30 - 8/10 OThopeful35 - AKL
7/31 - 8/4 DisneyDiana - AKV Jambo
8/1 - 8/6 alex9179 - AKL
8/10 - 8/12 isabellea - AKL (no park stay)
8/11 - 8/17 bigjon94 - AKL Jambo
8/12 - 8/15 TMEF23 - AKL
8/13 - 8/17 anguyen - AKL
8/14 - 8/23 eeyore29 - AKL Jambo
8/19 - 8/24 stace1214 - AKL
8/22 - 8/30 Jennie2003 - AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter