Jan 2018 vs NOW?

minnie_erin

Earning My Ears
How are ride capacities this year vs last year when it seemed that they were running many rides at lower levels? We go in 10 days so am hoping it is better than last year! Any experiences to share?

There are no official numbers and personal experience will be based on limited data (as in I was at MK on Tuesday and although the park didn't seem extremely crowded the lines for attractions were posted as being long) Not sure how that would help you.
Just come in the frame of mind that it is crowded and you'll have to wait for attractions and you'll be fine. The low crowd days are long gone (when I say low crowd days I mean 15 min wait for headliners)
Do rope drop as much as possible, stay late as much as possible. midday is always busiest

Yes, I have a plan, we were there last year when they did the capacity experiment too, but was just curious if they were doing the same this Jan or not?

We left yesterday, and I didn't notice they were running anything at lower levels (note- the last time I went was 20 years ago, so I don't have much to compare it to). The lines for the headliners were still long, but outside of that the longest we waited for any ride was about 15 or 20 mins. I could refresh to get multiple fast passes, including a second time for FOP. The weather and crowd level were both amazing and I would absolutely go in January again!

I think the key here is are they doing things like putting cones in the people mover cars to inflate wait times like they did last year? Are they running both sides for BTMRR?

I think the key here is are they doing things like putting cones in the people mover cars to inflate wait times like they did last year? Are they running both sides for BTMRR?

They were running both side of Thunder Mountain Jan 8 and 9, no cones or skipped cars. We did notice some attractions like the people mover had a cone in one car but not a lot of cones (it’s was one “train” with one car with a cone while other “trains” had all cars available) the doom buggies they skipped 1 doom buggy...same with the Nemo ride. 1 shell got skipped don’t know if it was on purpose.

@Callsdodisney
Were there a lot of large tour groups of girls? The 15s aka Brazil aka Argentina 15-year-olds?

We did notice a large tour group with a leader swinging a flag while waiting for fantasmic and another tour group around big thunder mountain but was didn’t notice them being disruptive. They really like their pictures though. I saw a few running back to the country bears to grab quick snapshots before running back to their groups.

I was at HS last January on the 20th and it was a great easy day. Lots of walk ons and low crowds. January 20th this year falls during MLK weekend which means crowds at their peak. But, end of January at least in my past has had manageable crowd levels. I'll be there at the same time as you this year so I guess we'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter