January 2018 Car Rental Watch

Thank you for that.
I've' been checking for months and the best price was via costcotravel for a minivan - US 371.00 (Jan 13th to 21st, MCO to MIA). This code brought it down to U$ 304.33. I will keep checking closer to my dates to see if it brings down even further.

Just noticed Costcotravel brought the minivan down (with Alamo) to 305.00. That made me cancel the reservation above (with code AS1, unknown) and re-book directly with costcotravel.

I'll keep checking to see if it will go down even more.

Just noticed Costcotravel brought the minivan down (with Alamo) to 305.00. That made me cancel the reservation above (with code AS1, unknown) and re-book directly with costcotravel.

I'll keep checking to see if it will go down even more.

Another 5.00 down from costcotravel, 300.00 for my dates.
Will keep checking...

Anyone know why alamo.com gives me this strange looking page when I use Chrome or Firefox? I can't use the forms (enter MCO and nothing pops up), click on the calendar and that's blank too. I found it will work like normal using Chrome incognito mode, but nothing works on Firefox. Seems to be OK witn IE or Edge. This starting a couple months ago.
Capture.JPG

Anyone know why alamo.com gives me this strange looking page when I use Chrome or Firefox? I can't use the forms (enter MCO and nothing pops up), click on the calendar and that's blank too. I found it will work like normal using Chrome incognito mode, but nothing works on Firefox. Seems to be OK witn IE or Edge. This starting a couple months ago.
View attachment 292994

weird. I use both Chrome and Firefox without issues Did you try checking for updates?

Finally figured it out! It was a popup blocker UBlock Origin. Works great at stopping pesky popup ads, never expected it to have this strange effect. Every other website with fill-in forms worked fine. It's easy to disable for specific sites, so I whitelisted alamo.com and all good!!

weird. I use both Chrome and Firefox without issues Did you try checking for updates?

I came here looking to see if I could get a lower rate on my rental, but it seems like I got the best deal with dollar. I want to add that I booked in mid September.

Currency: U.S. DOLLAR
Rate Code: RWXW8
Discount:
Vendor Code:
Your Rate:
1 Week at $89.81 per week. Unlimited mileage. 1 Extra Day at $13.99 per day.
Base Rate: $103.80

Charges:
Charges:

Cust Facility Chrg: $12.50
Concession Fee Rec: $10.89
Florida Surcharge: $16.16
State Tax: $9.65
Energy Surcharge: $1.49
Vehicle License Fee: $3.63

Estimated Grand Total: $158.12

Thank you for choosing Dollar.

I’m not sure what discount code I used back then, but at the top of my confirmation email, it says
Corporate Discount #:
Promo Code:

I have a full size vehicle.

I’m 10 days out and saw a $20 drop yesterday and think I’m probably at my best price. $332 standard size with Alamo 1/19-1/30.

My costcotravel reservation just dropped another U$ 37.00 down to 263.00, which is amazing, for picking it up in Orlando and dropping it off in Miami 8 days later.
I'm very happy to see this.
It started at 430, then slowly went down and it's now at a value i'm used to pay.
Thanks...

Just got a mid-size SUV through Alamo for $225 for a week (1/25-2/1). Used the Costco Alamo code and a $25 coupon I found online.

Just got a mid-size SUV through Alamo for $225 for a week (1/25-2/1). Used the Costco Alamo code and a $25 coupon I found online.

I've been watching rates for those dates too. Using the Visa code 7015504 and $25 coupon you could get a standard SUV for $230. I've found that the mid-size SUVs are quite small and basic. I've gotten some really loaded Explorers and Edges in the STD SUV aisle.

Does prepaying speed things up at all or make the sales pressure at the counter less? Today I found the best rate thus far a Standard SUV from Budget for $220 for a week. We leave next week and I'm getting sick of looking at rentals each and I'm considering just paying now. Any benefit to doing so? We are new to Fast Break so we will have to go to counter.

My Alamo reservation through Costco has dropped twice today. It first went down $6, and then another $24.

1/27/17 - 2/4/17 Intermediate SUV now down to $226

I ended up switching to Budget's Costco rate when Alamo's online check-in displayed a rate about $30 higher than I had reserved. Even though my Costco confirmation showed $195, Alamo's site was "estimating" $225 for my seven-day booking. I pondered a long struggle on the telephone to get that remedied, which didn't sound very appealing. Instead, I looked around again and found a Budget all-inclusive rate of $179 for an intermediate SUV so I grabbed that. Two minor down sides: It was the prepaid rate, so I'm fully committed so to speak, and I'm guessing my first-time Fastbreak usage will require a counter visit for verification. Still, that's a darn good rate for that vehicle class. I used BCD W852802 and coupon code MUGZ057.

We are flying into Sanford airport on 1/26 and leaving 1/29. We have an intermediate SUV for $93 and as a back up, a minivan for $138. There will be 2 adults, 14 and 13 year old girls and an 11 year old boy. We will only have backpacks and one checked bag, so thinking the SUV will be fine for us.

We are flying into Sanford airport on 1/26 and leaving 1/29. We have an intermediate SUV for $93 and as a back up, a minivan for $138. There will be 2 adults, 14 and 13 year old girls and an 11 year old boy. We will only have backpacks and one checked bag, so thinking the SUV will be fine for us.
Wow, thats a steal!

Oh wait I pay attention to the number of days, lol! No wonder its so much cheaper then my 7 day!

Oh wait I pay attention to the number of days, lol! No wonder its so much cheaper then my 7 day!

Lol Thanks for trying to make me feel better! I would like to get it a bit lower, but we have it budgeted for that price. So anything less will be a bonus.

I ended up switching to Budget's Costco rate when Alamo's online check-in displayed a rate about $30 higher than I had reserved. Even though my Costco confirmation showed $195, Alamo's site was "estimating" $225 for my seven-day booking. I pondered a long struggle on the telephone to get that remedied, which didn't sound very appealing. Instead, I looked around again and found a Budget all-inclusive rate of $179 for an intermediate SUV so I grabbed that. Two minor down sides: It was the prepaid rate, so I'm fully committed so to speak, and I'm guessing my first-time Fastbreak usage will require a counter visit for verification. Still, that's a darn good rate for that vehicle class. I used BCD W852802 and coupon code MUGZ057.

This concerns me. I had no idea the rates were "estimated" until online check in....!!

Just a heads up for anyone still searching for last minute deals .......for this upcoming week out of Sanford Orlando Airport.
Dollar has mini vans for about $220. for the week ........this upcoming week ! 1/20-1/27 .
Its under the "city special" tab .

Pretty good rate for a minivan ! They were hovering in the $500. range for a LONG time .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter