January 2018 Weight Loss Challenge

Let's talk Goals for a moment ask yourself is my goal

Specific: I want to visit ever single US Disney Park
Measurable: on my two weeks of vacation
Achievable: that I have and will take 1 week in early May and the other in mid September (I could do a long weekend for DLR flying in on a Thurs and home on a Mon this way my DH would just have to take 2 days off work-his schedule is Sun-Thurs nights with occasional call in on Fri but he can tell them he won't be available we could be back in time for him to go to work Mon night)
Realistic: I have the vacation time and the budget to do this (ok I don't have the money but I have time)
Timely or Time: This year

For me right now this is not a good goal it is a dream though if the money was taken care of it would be a smart goal.

Please accept my apologies if I missed your specific goal for this month. If it appeared that there was more then one goal I didn't put one down because for percentage towards goals for the month ( please report on the weekend as a percentage and I will compile them by Monday afternoon) it is easier to have something specific such as number of steps, water consumption, calories not eaten, ect. so that you can measure it. I want to get more steps in is good but how many more is the question to ask yourself.

Happy Grape Lose between 2/3 KG

jaelless Check in on SparkPeople Daily

Sweetpeama Lose 2 pounds

MochaDrinker Lose 2 pounds

glss1/2fll

Zhoen

SnoWhiteRabbit

Summermom2 Lose 12 pounds

LadyMarie Tracking to be accountable for eating 25/31 days

Flossbolna

JacknSally Lose 5 pounds

PoohLove Lose 6.4 pounds

Oneanne

Piglet1979 10,000 steps a day

lovesmurfs 10, 000 steps a day

Last edited:
Who gets the credit or the blame for where you are on your weight loss journey is it internal, external, or even to chance. For each of these questions please rate things as Agree, Agree Slightly, Disagree Slightly, Disagree (I will post the scoring at a later time)

Gaining, losing, and maintaining weight is entirely up to me

I am overweight ( was for those who are maintaining) as a result of my eating habits

I am overweight as a result of being inactive or not getting enough exercise

If I set realistic, measurable goals, I can lose weight no matter what

Failure to keep my weight off is due to poor effort on my part.

Family History has most determined my weight and size

I need a structured, formal diet program or else I have difficulty loosing weight

I depend on good doctors or nutritionists to help me lose weight

I need prescription diet pills or other diet aids to loose weight

I overeat because there is too much tempting food in my environment

Being at my ideal weight is a matter of good fortune

My failure to lose weight is bad luck

I will go off my diet if I have a bad day

No matter if I gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same, it is going to happen, and that's life

I am very lucky if I stick to my exercise program.

Hi, friends. I'm excited to get the ball rolling for 2018. I mentioned earlier that my goal is to lose 5lbs this month, with an overall goal of 50lbs lost by the end of October 2018. That will put me at my lowest weight that I can remember - 175lbs. I may have been close to that the summer of 2011, but I didn't weigh myself any during that time so I'm not sure. I'm currently sitting at just a few pounds below my highest-in-my-life weight of 230, and that was absolutely devastating. I've yoyo-ed a lot over the last year, constantly losing then regaining the same 10-15lbs.

It's been a long couple of years, but for the last few months I've felt more like myself than I have in a long time (thanks, depression and anxiety) and I'm ready to finally get things back on track. I've even started a full-time out-of-the-house job again, and managed to hold it down for 2 months now, which is a big personal accomplishment. Since 2015 I've been working out of my house full-time, operating my small business, and I'm putting that on the back burner for a few months at least, and taking some time to be selfish and really focus on *me* (and my DH and puppy of course haha).

The big driving force, if you want to call it that, is that I turn 29 at the end of January, and I am DETERMINED not to go into my 30's in my current shape - physically, mentally, OR financially.

DH and I have been working 2 jobs each the last 2 months, and it has completely wrecked us. Because we just haven't had the time or energy to do anything else, we have eaten SO MUCH fast food/take-out, and spent so much money to do it. NO MORE.

I've learned that my body responds well to a keto-esque meal plan and intermittent fasting, so I'll be focusing on high protein/low carb eating, and getting all of my nutrients between 12pm and 6pm every day. I also need to be a LOT better about my water consumption - coffee and soda have taken over my life again.

My second day of eating healthy has been derailed by a sudden migraine that hit me at work. Usually I keep a bottle of excedrin in my bag for just such an occasion but I ran out and haven't had a chance to get to a store to get more. My options were stay on track with my eating for the day but have a blinding migraine and nausea for the next 5 hours until work is over and I can go to Walgreens, or suck it up and have a Dr. Pepper and snack bag of chips to dull things a little. Well, the snacks won. But I'm not letting that be an excuse for any other derailment. Tracked the drink and chips in my LoseIt! app and now I keep moving forward! I didn't have time to pack my dinner before I had to leave the house for work, so I'll be eating that when I get home at 11:30 tonight, but since I need to be up late anyway to finish up some orders, I'm ok with it.

We'll be in Disney for a few days at the end of January, so the challenge will be making sure I don't let myself stay off track when we get home again. I won't worry too much about what we're eating while we're there, especially since it's just a Sunday to Tuesday trip and we'll be walking a lot to offset some of the intake.

Last edited:
Let's talk Goals for a moment ask yourself is my goal

Specific: I want to visit ever single US Disney Park
Measurable: on my two weeks of vacation
Achievable: that I have and will take 1 week in early May and the other in mid September (I could do a long weekend for DLR flying in on a Thurs and home on a Mon this way my DH would just have to take 2 days off work-his schedule is Sun-Thurs nights with occasional call in on Fri but he can tell them he won't be available we could be back in time for him to go to work Mon night)
Realistic: I have the vacation time and the budget to do this (ok I don't have the money but I have time)
Timely or Time: This year

For me right now this is not a good goal it is a dream though if the money was taken care of it would be a smart goal.

Please accept my apologies if I missed your specific goal for this month. If it appeared that there was more then one goal I didn't put one down because for percentage towards goals for the month ( please report on the weekend as a percentage and I will compile them by Monday afternoon) it is easier to have something specific such as number of steps, water consumption, calories not eaten, ect. so that you can measure it. I want to get more steps in is good but how many more is the question to ask yourself.

I think part of me is afraid to set a specific goal because I will feel like such a failure if I don't make it. I already did a biggie for me :) I had a goal of being more adventurous this year, and I already bought a plane ticket to go visit friends in D.C. I haven't flown in over 20 years and have never been to D.C. so both out of my comfort zone. So with this specific goal thingie I need to ease into it. January my goal is just to make sure I log in here and to spark people daily. I am using both to help me get my mind focused on making healthier choices. Today I made low calorie, healthy chicken taco's that were a hit with my son (a rare occurrence) and I did not get buttery popcorn at the movies. I got no snacks at all. I also want to start back on my blog more regularly. Last time I used it, the writings were for others. Now I just want them to be for me :) I need to figure out what works for my body. Last year I had a fitbit on and I made sure to get 10K+ steps everyday, and I watched my diet. Know what happened? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :( So over holidays I didn't get my steps, and I ate what I wanted and guess what happened? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :( so I can't figure out how to unlock my system. Something has to be the key, I just have to find it this year :) So specific goal for January is just to be more mindful as evidenced by logging in everyday and trying to communicate with others :)

I think part of me is afraid to set a specific goal because I will feel like such a failure if I don't make it. I already did a biggie for me :) I had a goal of being more adventurous this year, and I already bought a plane ticket to go visit friends in D.C. I haven't flown in over 20 years and have never been to D.C. so both out of my comfort zone. So with this specific goal thingie I need to ease into it. January my goal is just to make sure I log in here and to spark people daily. I am using both to help me get my mind focused on making healthier choices. Today I made low calorie, healthy chicken taco's that were a hit with my son (a rare occurrence) and I did not get buttery popcorn at the movies. I got no snacks at all. I also want to start back on my blog more regularly. Last time I used it, the writings were for others. Now I just want them to be for me :) I need to figure out what works for my body. Last year I had a fitbit on and I made sure to get 10K+ steps everyday, and I watched my diet. Know what happened? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :( So over holidays I didn't get my steps, and I ate what I wanted and guess what happened? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :( so I can't figure out how to unlock my system. Something has to be the key, I just have to find it this year :) So specific goal for January is just to be more mindful as evidenced by logging in everyday and trying to communicate with others :)

Starting with a small goal is fine it could be something as simple as not getting the popcorn at the movies this month or only allowing a small size one time a month depending on how often you go. (Me I have done one movie theater visit in the past 8 years. I saw Prince Caspian when it was in theaters at a 2nd run theater and then the next one I saw was the live action Beauty and the Beast about a week after it was released. going that seldom I could have gotten the popcorn instead DH and I got one of their free cups of water since we were going out for a nice lunch after). You mentioned that you had chicken tacos that were a hit with your son what about something like trying a new recipe that is healthy and low calorie at least 3 times this month. ( I will try different recipes from time to time and then we rate them as a family if it goes in the fix this regularly, it's fine for once in a while ( sometimes recipes end up in here just for being too much of a pita to make) or never make this again ( there have been a few of those). Generally I just see how DH and almost 13 year old respond because 10 year old has SPD in her list of confirmed and suspected things ( some which we can not get confirmed without genetic testing which we do not have the finances for, insurance won't cover, and we make too much for the assistance program) and eats very little most of the time. To be honest I think is 10 year old had her way the bottles would never have been given up-though I keep trying to convience DH we need to adopt a nice heritage breed cow like a polled Irish Dexter and teach her to milk the cow. Over 5 years later and still no cow has been gotten.

Happy New Year everyone!

Back to work and reality today... I got on the scale this morning to see exactly how much damage was done this past month and it wasn't pretty, but manageable. If I focus, I can get this holiday weight off in no time. What I need to do is commit to WW for this month.

WW have new freestyle plan in UK & Ireland that is apparently very cleverly designed and get good reviews. Not sure if they have same in US - it's only out since 1st of January but it seem some were already testing it before the new year

I am little bit like this with the scale too, but I will get it sorted.

For each of these questions please rate things as Agree, Agree Slightly, Disagree Slightly, Disagree (I will post the scoring at a later time)

Gaining, losing, and maintaining weight is entirely up to me - Agree

I am overweight ( was for those who are maintaining) as a result of my eating habits - I was nearing being overweight, and that year my husband had cancer and while I accept the responsibility, it just wasn't my priority at the time. Sometimes situations influence our priority, and yes developing habits can help but

I am overweight as a result of being inactive or not getting enough exercise Disagree, I am always active. It's food with me.

If I set realistic, measurable goals, I can lose weight no matter what. Agree Slightly. Not always that realistic

Failure to keep my weight off is due to poor effort on my part. Agree.

Family History has most determined my weight and size. Agree slightly, there is a lot of obesity in previous generation and none in mine, but we all have to work at it.

I need a structured, formal diet program or else I have difficulty loosing weight. I need counting calories, or calories awareness but I need to have enough flexibility to not get bored. Diet with strict rules will not work for me.

I depend on good doctors or nutritionists to help me lose weight. Disagree.

I need prescription diet pills or other diet aids to loose weight. Disagree

I overeat because there is too much tempting food in my environment. Agree slightly. Some times I am not tempted at all, sometimes I am.

Being at my ideal weight is a matter of good fortune. For me, it's work

My failure to lose weight is bad luck. Not for me, but people with hormonal or other medical challenges - it can be. For me it's calories in vs calories out.

I will go off my diet if I have a bad day.... disagree slightly. I go off on good days more often, vacations and things like that. Sometimes on bad day too, but generally not

No matter if I gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same, it is going to happen, and that's life. I am not sure if I understand the question fully but I feel weight is not static, it changes and for some requires continues monitoring.

I am very lucky if I stick to my exercise program. I have genetic condition, and makes a lot of programs not suitable for me but I have been very consistent trying to find something that suit. It is part of luck - some people are just born more athletic. But I guess it's also effort. Partially agree

I read somewhere that in most western countries 10% of people are naturally slim, and will remain same without needing effort. 60 to 70% are either over weight or obese. Which leaves 20 to 30% remaining healthy weight by some meaning of conscious effort. I feel I fell in that 20/30%. I am not one of the 10% lucky people for sure.

Awesome topics. I will try to log on later for the goals question.

For each of these questions please rate things as Agree, Agree Slightly, Disagree Slightly, Disagree (I will post the scoring at a later time)

Gaining, losing, and maintaining weight is entirely up to me - Agree

I am overweight ( was for those who are maintaining) as a result of my eating habits - I would agree, I like to cook, and I am only one who ends up eating what I cook. Working on just cooking enough for me.

I am overweight as a result of being inactive or not getting enough exercise. Slightly disagree. I exercise, but seems to do no good.

If I set realistic, measurable goals, I can lose weight no matter what. Disagree. My body too stubborn it seems.

Failure to keep my weight off is due to poor effort on my part. Slightly agree. I need to try harder for longer.

Family History has most determined my weight and size. Disagree. I seem to be the only one who has had a weight problem their whole life. Others just now catching up to me.

I need a structured, formal diet program or else I have difficulty loosing weight. Disagree. I like idea of structure, but find it too hard to follow.

I depend on good doctors or nutritionists to help me lose weight. Disagree, I am not one to go seek help.

I need prescription diet pills or other diet aids to loose weight. Slightly agree. I use appetite suppressants. They seem to help a little bit.

I overeat because there is too much tempting food in my environment. Agree and all my fault because I like to cook. Is either throw it out or eat it myself.

Being at my ideal weight is a matter of good fortune. Disagree. The one time I lost weight I did it through very hard work.

My failure to lose weight is bad luck. Not for me, but people with hormonal or other medical challenges - it can be. For me it's calories in vs calories out.

I will go off my diet if I have a bad day. Agree. Sometimes I emotional eat.

No matter if I gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same, it is going to happen, and that's life. Disagree, it is up to me to do it.

I am very lucky if I stick to my exercise program. Disagree, it is hard work and determination.

Daily accountability

track all my food on mfp and have at least 500 calories deficit? Yes
No snack after 7 pm? Yes
What did I do great yesterday? I did well. The weather is horrible, and I adjusted my step count for the day but had great workout in the gym and adjusted my daily food intake to meet my calorie goal
What can I do better today? It was good day, but working from our office should allow me to have higher step count. I am well prepared and have breakfast, lunch and snack here with me and my dinner planned. Tonight after dinner I have to prepare for tomorrow

Specific: Lose 3 kg this month
Measurable: Scale
Achievable: I am 2kg down on the scale from 1st of January, so in reality I should be well able to lose 1kg of real weight
Realistic: I have no big events this month, I feel this is realistic
Timely or Time: This month

In terms of holidays, and real life I am trying not to go to as many this year and focus on building happier life home. I felt all my effort went on planing vacations last year and half, requiring both money and time. I need money and time for other activities. lucky we still have 2 weeks WDW vacation planned in June/July

Last edited:
Hi All!! My name is AJ and I am a 40YO single mother of 2 (DS19 and DD17). Every year I start out gangbuster style with all kinds of hardcore goals and then I feel like a failure when I don't succeed so this time around I am trying something different. I am with @JacknSally and am going slow and steady. My January goal is -6.4 lbs which I will lose by eating better and trying to get in as much exercise as I can but with this weather any kind of outside activity is limited. I do not have an overall number of lbs that I want to lose or necessarily a goal weight but I do have a state of mind and an idea of what size I want to be. For right now I will settle for being able to breathe in something other than sweatpants ;)

Hi All!! My name is AJ and I am a 40YO single mother of 2 (DS19 and DD17). Every year I start out gangbuster style with all kinds of hardcore goals and then I feel like a failure when I don't succeed so this time around I am trying something different. I am with @JacknSally and am going slow and steady. My January goal is -6.4 lbs which I will lose by eating better and trying to get in as much exercise as I can but with this weather any kind of outside activity is limited. I do not have an overall number of lbs that I want to lose or necessarily a goal weight but I do have a state of mind and an idea of what size I want to be. For right now I will settle for being able to breathe in something other than sweatpants ;)

I love Winnie the Pooh so love your name too LOL. You sound like me, all gangbusters on January 1st, but by January 8th the zeal is fading fast. So I also am just trying to change it up. Slow and steady is supposed to be the best anyway. I totally get the state of mind thing :) I wish you all the best of luck and motivation.

hm... well I said before that I am somewhat good at losing weight but set myself too high standards. So if I have few indulgent meals, or a vacation - I am sometimes slow to face the scale. Sometimes I do it in few weeks, more often when the jeans don't fit!

So I joined this slimming club, little like weight watchers but one that suits me better. I know the scale was up around Christmas, there was no Monday evening group - the regular time. I couldn't get out of work Tuesday morning. my whoo hoo is i started questioning myself can't I find way or won't I find way and I will attend another group tonight.

So this is small whohoo for me, I want to have less up and downs this year and I want to make less of a big deal when I have small up and return to normal quicker.

Hope this make sense. On personal level, there is something that I really need to happen for me - so please share pixie dust. I will be really upset if it doesn't. I have put a lot of effort into something, and it's not going as it should be (it's not a relationship) and if I don't get good progress, I will have to make a different plan.

Happy New Year to all!

On my IG feed there has been a lot of discussion about finding your word for the year, the word that will guide and inspire you. I haven't found a word for the entire year, but my word for January is 'simplify'. In terms of eating and general health, to me that means planning (oh no, there's that word again) a simple eating strategy. It goes hand-in-hand with something I read last month (don't remember if I mentioned it before or not... sorry if this is repetitive) about taking the chaos out of eating: decide what you are going to eat and when you are going to eat it and when that meal is done decide when/what the next meal will be. Seems fairly simple, said the non-planner, and is something I'm going to try.... this morning I decided to get breakfast from Starbucks and then did so, so I guess I'm on the right track (tee hee).

I've also signed up for a 90 day on-line "course" that is essentially a challenge to simplify. The leader is pledging to select a basic wardrobe for the challenge period, and a basic food plan, and to not shop for anything other than basic needs... she's given herself only $5 a day "mad-money". This all goes hand-in-hand with my desire to strip-mine the house, starting in the kitchen... which I did at least get started with over the holiday weekend. I got quite a bit out of the fridge, but still need to do more. And every time I open the pantry I think the stuff in there should be saved but also know it'll sit there and not get used, so I just need to empty it out. On the clothing side, I'm going to go thru the dresser again and pull out anything that needs to go to Goodwill, then I'm going to pull out anything that isn't going to get used within the 90 day challenge period and pack it away: I'm also going to select shoes for the challenge period that are not stored with the rest of my shoes. I'm also going to do some pre-challenge shopping to replace things that are worn out.

Oh, and woohoo - it's Wednesday!

Oh, and if money was no object truth be told, I wouldn't go to Disney... I'd spend a couple months traveling around the UK.

PS: edited to add - I really enjoyed CoCo and would recommend it. It was beautiful to look at and had a life reaffirming message, and a story line that moved quickly and had twists and turns.

Last edited:
Gaining, losing, and maintaining weight is entirely up to me Agree Slightly

I am overweight ( was for those who are maintaining) as a result of my eating habits Agree Slightly I do tend to over indulge at times as I refuse to give up all sweets, chips, ect but I have cut down. Some of it is dealing with my thyroid and that getting the medical establishment to do anything is forget it around here

I am overweight as a result of being inactive or not getting enough exercise Agree though at times I have been sidelined due to my fibro which I hate but falling down is even worse.

If I set realistic, measurable goals, I can lose weight no matter what Disagree I might loose a little bit temporarily but the minute my body realizes that it is going down it's hang on time.

Failure to keep my weight off is due to poor effort on my part. Disagree I try even to the point where I have put myself in danger of not getting certain nutrients and vitamins because I have taken the calorie count so low ( below 1200 a day)

Family History has most determined my weight and size Agree Slightly I tend to have family that has to struggle with keeping the weight off and there are a number of us on my mom's side with thyroid issues some which have gotten treated

I need a structured, formal diet program or else I have difficulty loosing weight Disagree Slightly I need encouragement not someone telling me what to do

I depend on good doctors or nutritionists to help me lose weight Disagree in fact the overwhelming majority of them are so stuck in their ways that don't work for me I end up gaining weight on their plans

I need prescription diet pills or other diet aids to loose weight Agree Slightly I do better on my tea. For those wondering where I get mine it is Boston Harbor MT dot com ( link on the post where I talk about my tea)

I overeat because there is too much tempting food in my environment Disagree

Being at my ideal weight is a matter of good fortune Agree

My failure to lose weight is bad luck Agree Slightly

I will go off my diet if I have a bad day Agree Slightly

No matter if I gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same, it is going to happen, and that's life Agree Slightly

I am very lucky if I stick to my exercise program.
Agree Slightly

Last edited:
WW have new freestyle plan in UK & Ireland that is apparently very cleverly designed and get good reviews. Not sure if they have same in US - it's only out since 1st of January but it seem some were already testing it before the new year

I am little bit like this with the scale too, but I will get it sorted.

Yes! It got release a few weeks ago here and people at the meetings are singing its praises. I haven't been committed to it, but I can see how this is appealing. So many more foods you don't have to track (since we are unlikely to overeat chicken, eggs, veggies, fish, etc in the same way we overeat sweets, carbs, etc Haha!), and in turn it makes it easier to go out, go to parties, and know you can enjoy plenty of healthy items without being on your phone to track. I am definitely excited to actually get to work and stick to this plan since I am not one that likes to track-- so this may help me.

QOTD:

Gaining, losing, and maintaining weight is entirely up to me - Mostly agree. For me at least, I don't think I have any medical issues that could effect my weight (thyroid being monitored for now though....) but I know sometimes it can be out of one's control.

I am overweight ( was for those who are maintaining) as a result of my eating habits Agree! I have trouble eating things I like in moderation for sure.

I am overweight as a result of being inactive or not getting enough exercise Used to be true. But now, strongly disagree.

If I set realistic, measurable goals, I can lose weight no matter what Agree.

Failure to keep my weight off is due to poor effort on my part. Agree.

Family History has most determined my weight and size Somewhat disagree. Not in terms of genetics, but growing up in a family that didn't teach me how to eat properly did have an effect on my weight.

I need a structured, formal diet program or else I have difficulty loosing weight Slightly disagree. I wouldn't say I've been formal in my journey so far, until now.

I depend on good doctors or nutritionists to help me lose weight Disagree. With the exception of medical conditions, there are so many tools available to us in this age of knowledge to help!

I need prescription diet pills or other diet aids to loose weight Disagree.

I overeat because there is too much tempting food in my environment Agree.... This is the tough one for me!

Being at my ideal weight is a matter of good fortune Disagree. I know I am having to work and will have to keep working to get there.

My failure to lose weight is bad luck Slightly disagree. There are definitely strokes of bad luck along the way (sickness, injury, etc) that derail the progress, but it is ultimately up to me to get the train back chugging.

I will go off my diet if I have a bad day Disagree. Used to different, but I getting back on track quicker these days.

No matter if I gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same, it is going to happen, and that's life Agree. Balance is key and ups and downs are just a part of this.

I am very lucky if I stick to my exercise program. Slightly disagree. Although currently I have no idea (other than seeing results or possibly divine intervention... ) why I am on this gym kick, but I am definitely more likely to stick to the gym than to eat well. Haha!

Such interesting questions to think about!!!

As for Woohoo Wednesday-- Last night, I got invited on a double date with a couple that has a lot in common with DH and I. We are going to a Broadway concert on Saturday! We don't have many couple friends so it's fun to be making new ones -- especially that love the same things I do (oh and bonus: they are Disney fanatics LOL!) :D Woohoo for friendship!

I love your whole concept of simplifying @Oneanne! I have been working on managing our chores and meal planning at home, but I think a deep clean and a tight rein in on the "extra stuff" budget would do wonders. I want the house keeping simpler, but I keep buying things to decorate it and stuff that needs to be stored in it somewhere.... :rolleyes: Although this month is a little crazy, I may make that my February intention and beyond!

I am back. The last 2 weeks have been really off for me. So I am back at it today.

My name is Stephanie. I have been married for 13 years and have 2 kids (DS 11 and DD 10). My goal this month is to lose 6 pounds. DH and myself want to get to our goal weight by August. I need to lose 20-30 pounds. I need to weigh myself again. A week ago when I weighed myself I had gained 5 pounds in a week and that put me at 147 pounds. I want to get to 120 by August.

Weight wise the last 2.5 weeks have been tough. All 4 of us have been home on vacation and we were not on any schedule. We have found that schedules work the best for us. We also got lazy several days and just laid around the house. We both are ready to go today. We will go the rec this afternoon. I am planning to get 10,000 steps or more a day and track all my food. I am also going to drink more water. I drank way too much pop while I was off.

The first thing that we need for this trip is where are we staying. If money was no object and your favorite resort was open where would you stay and why. Do you have a hard time deciding and just go I will pillow hop. What about when you allow yourself a treat but have a number of choices do you just sample all of them or not.

I would stay at the Grand Floridian. When we went their for dinner one year it just kind of made you feel like you were staying in a castle and you were the princess. I also really like SSR. My DD and myself really love horses so the theme their is right up our ally. We did stay their on our first trip but I planned that trip really bad and we never looked around the resort. We didn't even pick up our refillable mugs until the day we left. This is a trip I would love to redo.

Gaining, losing, and maintaining weight is entirely up to me -Agree

I am overweight ( was for those who are maintaining) as a result of my eating habits - somewhat

I am overweight as a result of being inactive or not getting enough exercise - agree

If I set realistic, measurable goals, I can lose weight no matter what - agree

Failure to keep my weight off is due to poor effort on my part. - agree

Family History has most determined my weight and size - disagree

I need a structured, formal diet program or else I have difficulty loosing weight - disagree

I depend on good doctors or nutritionists to help me lose weight - disagree

I need prescription diet pills or other diet aids to loose weight - disagree

I overeat because there is too much tempting food in my environment - Disagree.

Being at my ideal weight is a matter of good fortune - agree

My failure to lose weight is bad luck - disagree

I will go off my diet if I have a bad day - disagree

No matter if I gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same, it is going to happen, and that's life

I am very lucky if I stick to my exercise program. Disagree

hm... well I said before that I am somewhat good at losing weight but set myself too high standards. So if I have few indulgent meals, or a vacation - I am sometimes slow to face the scale. Sometimes I do it in few weeks, more often when the jeans don't fit!

So I joined this slimming club, little like weight watchers but one that suits me better. I know the scale was up around Christmas, there was no Monday evening group - the regular time. I couldn't get out of work Tuesday morning. my whoo hoo is i started questioning myself can't I find way or won't I find way and I will attend another group tonight.

So this is small whohoo for me, I want to have less up and downs this year and I want to make less of a big deal when I have small up and return to normal quicker.

Hope this make sense. On personal level, there is something that I really need to happen for me - so please share pixie dust. I will be really upset if it doesn't. I have put a lot of effort into something, and it's not going as it should be (it's not a relationship) and if I don't get good progress, I will have to make a different plan.
Sending pixie dust your way. :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter