January 2019 -Everyone needs deadlines! Diet & Fitness monthly W.I.S.H chat

I'm here a little late to the game (or am I one day early? lol)

My name is Mel. I'm 29 and a new mom. I'm also a stay at home mom that needs something to do with her hands besides eat, when she's not working out. So, here I am. I would like to join along. My goal for the year is to lose my last 74 pounds, and be in great shape and a little more confident to wear adorable clothes when my son celebrates his 1st birthday in WDW. His birthday is December 9, 2019. So, that's my goal date.

I look forward to working toward all of this with you guys. Here's a cute photo to make up for my lateness lol

-23 degrees F right now, -46 wind chill. We’re colder than Alaska, Norway... Mt Everest! Everyone’s home today and probably tomorrow. My goal is to crawl out from my comforter and exercise at home at some point today. I have a bike and elliptical so should be able to do something. Bad thing... want food. Must be either anxiety or some primitive survival response.

Ugh these temps are measurable. I want to eat too. I think it is a survival response. Hang in there. We will make it out of these cold temps. I am workingo n planning my trip to Disney and the Beach. Think warm.

My name is Mel. I'm 29 and a new mom. I'm also a stay at home mom that needs something to do with her hands besides eat, when she's not working out. So, here I am. I would like to join along. My goal for the year is to lose my last 74 pounds, and be in great shape and a little more confident to wear adorable clothes when my son celebrates his 1st birthday in WDW. His birthday is December 9, 2019. So, that's my goal date.

I look forward to working toward all of this with you guys. Here's a cute photo to make up for my lateness lol

Welcome. Your little one is adorable.

Hope everyone within the boundaries of the deep freeze stays warm and safe! I'm currently in Northern California, and it is kind of like stepping back in to spring so we're feeling pretty spoiled.

Yesterday was the first day of my business trip and from a good eating/healthy living perspective it was pretty awful. I didn't even do my daily habits and forgot to log for the day, so I used up my first mulligan. Today will probably be another long day, followed by another group dinner and another late arrival at the hotel, but I will make a better effort to get my habits done before I crawl in to bed.

Welcome! And your baby is adorable!

We’re experiencing cold temperatures/wind chills today and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. Only 4-5 inches of snow, but we’re having a snow squall right now.
This weather makes me want to eat as well-or bake something!
I went to the library Monday so I have some good books to read in front of the fireplace. Maybe hot chocolate will keep me out of trouble!

I'm also struggling with the cold weather, like many of you. I'm trying my best to stick to my eating plan and not drift too far off track. But I'm really craving some warm comfort foods tonight.

Welcome to everyone joining in! @bb-8 Your baby is so cute! My sister had her first baby about a month before you. And I just love to get some snuggle time in with my nephew whenever I can!

He's finally at that perfect age that he's smiling and coo-laughing but he's not mobile and he's not crying 24/7 lol He makes himself laugh and most of the time he lets me do my workouts and clean house while he entertains himself. I kinda dread the next stage...mobility lol

:welcome:

As it is my afternoon of the 31st I am going to share my progress for the month. My goal was around switching in water for soft drink - I have had AMAZING success with this .... I have been a soft drink addict for YEARS. If I am still maintaining this level at the end of next month I will feel like it has really started to be a new healthy life habit. I have been consuming around 1.5 to 2 litres of water a day. Most days I have no soft drink at all - others I have a much smaller serving of sugar free - pretty much only one serve on that day though.

I will have the new thread up in a few hours in preparation for the 1st - where did January go??? I hate how fast time seems to pass these days.

For this month, I’d like to:
*establish a good workout routine
*attempt to reach 12,000 steps a day (I’m usually below 9,000)
*meal plan for the week with healthier, portion controlled meals
*drink 80 ounces of water a day

I’m excited to report that I met my goals for January. I completed some type of workout each day, planned healthier meals, controlled my portions and drank 10+ cups of water each day. I didn’t get to 12,000 steps each day, but many days. There was a significant increase from December to January. I’m definitely motivated by my goal to “walk to Disney” (which is 1048 miles for me) by July. So far I’ve walked 143 miles in January. I’ll have to pick up the mileage in the spring and summer when I can get outdoors. But even if I don’t make that goal, it’s motivated me to get moving and it’s working! So far I’ve lost 9 pounds :goodvibes

Hi Mel! Welcome, and thanks for the adorable baby photos, that face just brightened my day! You're right, it's great when they are interactive but not mobile!!! I remember touching up my already-clean house as my first was playing in her playyard, thinking "what's all the fuss about? This is *EASY*!!!" Then she got mobile, and got reinforcements... and, well... it's been a messy 15 years so far!!! ;P

And welcome to all the other new folks too!!!

Warm thoughts to those in the deep-freeze! It's below freezing here, but not in the actual negatives, so can't complain much after seeing how hard it is hitting the central states. A frozen pipe or two, and staying indoors, there are worse things. School was scheduled to be closed today for end-of-semester anyway, so timing is pretty convenient, all told.

Let's see, end-of-month report... I didn't set a specific number goal for January, but yesterday I was down about 5.5lbs (woohoo!) I wanted to get into a groove/routine, and for that I'll give myself a 75% C. It's better than it was, but I could have done a lot better. Now that I'm back in school 3 days a week, I think that is going to help going forward. I did go walk after class Monday and Wednesday. Today it is too cold to walk outside, so I considered mall-walking, but I only like to do that in the mornings before they open, and I stayed up too late and slept in this morning (normally on weekdays, we're up at 6am, so sleeping in was GLORIOUS!!!) Meal-planned very well for the last few days, but haven't made the monthly menu for February yet, will do that a little later today. Lots of fun food holidays coming up, so planning will be important. Planning a bit of junk food on Sunday (we don't watch football, but love-love-LOVE the food and the old Budweiser horse commercials.) If I don't make a groundhog-shaped meatloaf on Saturday, the kids will revolt. And then there's Valentine's Day, of course! Also on Saturday I am taking my niece to a bridal expo, so I will have to be careful not to sample too much (she already has her cake and catering chosen, so I'll try to keep that in mind!)

So overall, I'd give January a solid B. Hopeful for better weather in the weeks to come so I have less excuses to be a lazy bum!

I also cannot believe this is the end of Jan. I basically feel like this month was not too much or a disaster. I was able to bring some lunches to work this month and had more control there. I also managed to get lunch walks in despite the weather, so that was good. January was hard, though. The weather sucked, I snacked like an idiot when I was home, and there were three family birthday parties this month. Weight wise, I'm only up a couple pounds and, honestly, I feel lucky that's the extent of the damage :) So welcome, February. Hopefully I'll get serious and start to make progress again...

I started January doing really well with water and keeping up with exercise, but the last few days have been rough - just other stuff going on and I way overdid it on sugar yesterday. So I'm looking forward to a fresh start in February. :teeth:

I’m definitely motivated by my goal to “walk to Disney” (which is 1048 miles for me) by July.

What a neat idea!

Hi Mel! Welcome, and thanks for the adorable baby photos, that face just brightened my day! You're right, it's great when they are interactive but not mobile!!! I remember touching up my already-clean house as my first was playing in her playyard, thinking "what's all the fuss about? This is *EASY*!!!" Then she got mobile, and got reinforcements... and, well... it's been a messy 15 years so far!!! ;P

Yep, that was a nice phase!! - But I always loved something about every age, and @bb-8, your little guy is so cute!!
:welcome: to the group!

End of January recap, oh lordy where did the month go? I haven't accomplished anything health wise, except to start The Challenge, and even that is kind of on hold this week, while I'm traveling. I thought I would be able to maintain my daily habits, but that isn't even working out, as I'm not getting back to the hotel until 10pm - 11pm, and I've only got enough energy left to crawl in to bed.

I'll have to give some thought to what I want to accomplish in February.

January was a month of ups & downs but I finished strong & feel much more hopeful for February. I know I need to commit more fully to making positive changes. I find myself failing in times of high stress but I need to be more concious that I’m being triggered & try to breathe through it. Sometimes taking a shower helps reset my brain but I should probably find something else that has a similar effect since I can’t always jump in the shower lol. I also feel like I’ve been more successful now that I’ve learned to forgive myself for missteps & just get right back on the wagon. I appreciate everyone in this group sharing their stories. It’s so nice having a group of people with shared struggles & shared goals. I’ll see everyone in the February Thread provided in the previous post by @4Mickeys
Have a great night all.

Thanks @4Mickeys for getting the new thread up and running.
Thanks @HappyGrape for getting us started in the new year. I hope all is going well for you and you are remaining as stress free as possible! :hug:

I did pretty well this month. Only had a couple days where I was under steps or over calories. yippee

I'll see you all in our brand new month--it's a bit short so make your goals accordingly!

TOPIC THURSDAY

HappyGrape hasn't posted for a couple days, so I'll post a topic today to get the conversation going... hopefully she's having good luck finding a beautiful new home.

How do you do with deadlines? Do they motivate you or do they cause you stress... or do they cause motivating stress ;)? If you create a deadline for reaching healthy living goals (like so many of us do with wanting to lose weight and get into shape for the next Disney vacation), how do you stay on track, or get back on track, after the deadline has been reached?

View attachment 377937

I am really happy to see that someone kept the discussion going. I am so sorry for letting you guys down. Something happen in mid January and honestly i completely forgot. I was in shock for weeks and I only remembered about the group months after.

I am sorry

[

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!