*** January 2019 Thread ***

Heads up for anyone trying to book BOG breakfast or lunch for early January. ADR's finally got loaded into the system this afternoon. :) Go get em!

So it looks like we have about ten people on our roll call that passed their 180 day mark for ADR’s... how did everyone do? Did you get what you wanted? My ADR day is Saturday! Yay! One step closer... then nothing for 120 more days until FP+. :fish:

I did mine this morning for the first 10 days and got everything at the perfect times sans Monsieur Paul (seems not to be loaded yet). The others I have to wait for are not hard to get, so I'm pumped. I was jumping up and down before 7 am this morning as my husband was trying to get ready for work lol. I even decided to do the After HEA Dessert Party. Hope everyone else has good luck as well.

I did mine this morning for the first 10 days and got everything at the perfect times sans Monsieur Paul (seems not to be loaded yet). The others I have to wait for are not hard to get, so I'm pumped. I was jumping up and down before 7 am this morning as my husband was trying to get ready for work lol. I even decided to do the After HEA Dessert Party. Hope everyone else has good luck as well.

That’s awesome news!

Anyone signed up for Touring Plans? I went on today and the crowd levels changed big time. All of my days went down. Some went way down. 10 days went down to 5 days etc.

I know not to put much stock into them but was wondering if others saw the same. I never got an email notification when they changed so not sure how long it's been like that. Just can't figure out why the big reduction. We are going MLK weekend and the following week so I'm anticipating crowds!

I just checked mine - several went down a bit and only one jumped up which is for AK - from a 6 to a 9... not sure why though... might be related to EMH although it didn’t happen on any of the other days with EMH. Weird. I always compare to Kenny the Pirate and they don’t always line up so I go with my gut in the end, anyway. :-)

I didn’t get email notifications about the crowd level changes, either. I got ones for the hours changing and in those they said it takes them a week or two to update the crowd levels... so maybe they aren’t finalized yet?

Anyone signed up for Touring Plans? I went on today and the crowd levels changed big time. All of my days went down. Some went way down. 10 days went down to 5 days etc.

I know not to put much stock into them but was wondering if others saw the same. I never got an email notification when they changed so not sure how long it's been like that. Just can't figure out why the big reduction. We are going MLK weekend and the following week so I'm anticipating crowds!

All mine changed for October as well as January. It’s super weird

So it looks like we have about ten people on our roll call that passed their 180 day mark for ADR’s... how did everyone do? Did you get what you wanted? My ADR day is Saturday! Yay! One step closer... then nothing for 120 more days until FP+. :fish:

My adr is on Thursday!! Of course it’s the morning after my Shania Twain concert. Team no sleep

Soooooooooooo..............

We are booked at ASMu from January 28-February 1....It's partially a Christmas/Birthday surprise for DS, who is a major Toy Story fan and will love Andy's Backyard. This will be his first trip without his sister, who can't go due to work....Also it will only be my fiancé's second trip, he is not a huge fan....of course, he doesn't know he is going yet...:rolleyes1:duck::rolleyes1:duck:

Soooooooooooo..............

We are booked at ASMu from January 28-February 1....It's partially a Christmas/Birthday surprise for DS, who is a major Toy Story fan and will love Andy's Backyard. This will be his first trip without his sister, who can't go due to work....Also it will only be my fiancé's second trip, he is not a huge fan....of course, he doesn't know he is going yet...:rolleyes1:duck::rolleyes1:duck:

Welcome, @JennyWren! I’ve added you to the roll call. Hopefully your fiancé will catch Disney fever this time!

Thursday is the second big day for ADRs. Aiming for Be Our Guest and sci fi cafe. We're also in crunch time for my sons fair week and getting all the things he entered ready so sleep has eluded me.

Trying to keep everything a secret from my 11 year old has been proving difficult the closer we get. Today he went snooping and found his suitcase for the trip which was supposed to be a big surprise (granted the trip is *supposed* to be a big surprise...) it was pretty upsetting for me lol...

Thank you , I certainly hope he enjoys it more this time.

I think the key is to do some things he will really enjoy. For my hubby, it is a nice cold beer and a place to sit and listen to music. We are partial to the Canada and UK pavilions for that. If he knows he will get that kind of break, he is fine to power through the stuff that he may not enjoy as much (I’m talking about you, It’s A Small World!). I also make sure he picks at least one or two places to eat where he can get something he really likes. He is partial to sushi at Splitsville and anything at Flame Tree BBQ. It is so easy for me to make all the plans but if I have him participate, he definitely enjoys it more.

I think the key is to do some things he will really enjoy. For my hubby, it is a nice cold beer and a place to sit and listen to music. We are partial to the Canada and UK pavilions for that. If he knows he will get that kind of break, he is fine to power through the stuff that he may not enjoy as much (I’m talking about you, It’s A Small World!). I also make sure he picks at least one or two places to eat where he can get something he really likes. He is partial to sushi at Splitsville and anything at Flame Tree BBQ. It is so easy for me to make all the plans but if I have him participate, he definitely enjoys it more.

Easier said than done, he NEVER wants to participate in planning--no matter what the trip, he hates the idea of a 'planned' vacation day--the whole ADR and FP+ thing puts him on edge. I do think this will be a much more relaxed trip than the last, the weather will be cooler and it will only be myself, DS and DF. Last trip we also had DD and her best friend and while it was fun, they move at a much faster pace and it was a bit exhausting. Plus I'm hoping the crowd calendar is correct, less crowds will definitely help.

Easier said than done, he NEVER wants to participate in planning--no matter what the trip, he hates the idea of a 'planned' vacation day--the whole ADR and FP+ thing puts him on edge. I do think this will be a much more relaxed trip than the last, the weather will be cooler and it will only be myself, DS and DF. Last trip we also had DD and her best friend and while it was fun, they move at a much faster pace and it was a bit exhausting. Plus I'm hoping the crowd calendar is correct, less crowds will definitely help.

It's hard to travel with people who have different touring styles than you. My brother-in-law is similar so we just ask for small input here or there for food or specific things he definitely wants to see instead of trying to get him fully involved.

My cousin and his wife are pretty much like 'just take my money' and letting me plan everything. I'm not making it super structured because they are very relaxed travelers so don't want to make it a chore for them. I'm just putting together a framework for them.

I also don’t do a full touring plan that is super prescriptive. I definitely have a plan for which parks we will hit on which days and I get our three FP so we can ride what we really like, and I do make one dining reservation for most days so we can eat where we want, but other than that we go with the flow. Having been there several times allows us to be more casual about it, which is nice.

Anyone signed up for Touring Plans?
I signed up on TP about 6 months before my Jan 2018 trip. the crowd levels changed often during those months. Up then down then down again then way up then back down. I couldn't figure it out either.

I don't take much stock in the levels until about six weeks out. Even then they dropped about 10 days before we left.

Got Be Our Guest dinner for 7:10 pm on Jan 9th and Sci Fi Cafe 1:45 pm lunch. The lunch time kind of sucks but we don't typically eat at noon anyway. If we snack it should be ok.

My parents tell me to look at the crowd calandars and then go to the park which is the highest crowds since everyone looks at them and then go to the parks which are estimated for low crowds.

Got Be Our Guest dinner for 7:10 pm on Jan 9th and Sci Fi Cafe 1:45 pm lunch. The lunch time kind of sucks but we don't typically eat at noon anyway. If we snack it should be ok.

My parents tell me to look at the crowd calandars and then go to the park which is the highest crowds since everyone looks at them and then go to the parks which are estimated for low crowds.

I think Sci Fi at 1:45 is a good thing... you might experience some shorter lines for the rides between noon and your reservation when everyone else is trying to get something to eat.

I’m not sure about that plan from your parents... many people don’t look at crowd calendars and such...

I think Sci Fi at 1:45 is a good thing... you might experience some shorter lines for the rides between noon and your reservation when everyone else is trying to get something to eat.

I’m not sure about that plan from your parents... many people don’t look at crowd calendars and such...

Yeah I’m not sure about going with what my parents said. We aren’t following crowd calendars much...we’re going in hoping it’ll be ok lol. I think overall it’ll be busy since there isn’t really a slow time anymore...

Was able to get all our ADR's: 3 character breakfasts and a PPO at BOG since I'm guessing breakfast is predictable but nap needs of twin two year olds and a just-turned five year old may play havoc with times for lunch/dinner.

Was able to get all our ADR's: 3 character breakfasts and a PPO at BOG since I'm guessing breakfast is predictable but nap needs of twin two year olds and a just-turned five year old may play havoc with times for lunch/dinner.

Sounds like a good plan, @GamGam!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!