*** January 2019 Thread ***

Tusker is 1/11 at 10:45. I’m hoping to get FP for FOP and the Safari beforehand. We can try NRJ standby as well. We like to go to a Tusker later because none of us like to eat really heavy stuff too early in the morning. Also, last time we did this, they started bringing out some lu ch selecto s so we got a bit of both.

Ah we will be there the 12th. We have a 9am reservation. They have emh at 8 so I’m hoping to hit FoP then eat breakfast

Hi there! Chiming in a bit late. My family is all set to stay at OKW 1/19-1/27. Kind of have a weird split stay situation, with 1/19 being near Hospitality House, 1/20 standard, and then 1/21-1/27 near Hospitality House again. Hoping that my waitlist for 1/20 near HH goes through! Excited to be coming back home.

Hi there! Chiming in a bit late. My family is all set to stay at OKW 1/19-1/27. Kind of have a weird split stay situation, with 1/19 being near Hospitality House, 1/20 standard, and then 1/21-1/27 near Hospitality House again. Hoping that my waitlist for 1/20 near HH goes through! Excited to be coming back home.

Welcome, @DMCastner, I’ve added you to the roll call! Refurbished rooms at OKW will be nice! :-)

Made my ADRs this morning, Got California Grill for a 7:40pm dinner, perfect for Fireworks!!!! Akershus Royal Breakfast, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Boma for Breakfast, Ohana for breakfast and most importantly, BOG for dinner on my daughter's 11th birthday.

Made my ADRs this morning, Got California Grill for a 7:40pm dinner, perfect for Fireworks!!!! Akershus Royal Breakfast, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Boma for Breakfast, Ohana for breakfast and most importantly, BOG for dinner on my daughter's 11th birthday.

Sounds great! We thought about Le Cellier but we’ve been there twice already, so we decided to try The BOATHOUSE instead since we haven’t been there yet. Your daughter will love her birthday meal! :-)

Well, I said we wouldn't be going back till 2020 after DS2 finishes his associate's degree- we just went to celebrate his high school graduation- but I couldn't resist! DH and I will be celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary, 5th anniversary of our convalidation ceremony (basically getting married "for real" in the Catholic church- we originally did a civil ceremony since we didn't want a big wedding with the high costs and he was going in the military), and 4th anniversary of me being cancer free on Jan. 18, 2019. So I booked a trip for just the two of us! We never did a honeymoon, but just went and stayed overnight at a hotel on the beach (DS1 was only 6 months old so we didn't want to leave him). Since we've been married we only took one trip by ourselves and that was for our 20th to Asheville, NC to visit Biltmore Estate for a couple days. Both boys are totally supporting me surprising DH with this trip!

I have a room only booking at Boardwalk Inn for 1/13/19-/1/19/19. I picked this resort because it is most like the place we stayed on our wedding night. If they offer military discount I will change to that rate and get military park tickets. If not, I will look to get a package deal. I love the idea of being able to walk to Epcot and DHS, which will be very doable with the weather in Jan.

We both love to eat, but are not really into more the high end restaurants. I already planned out where we will eat and made adr's. Once we're able to book fp+ I will try for certain rides I know we want and hope to add more on after those are used. We actually had a lot of luck with that on our June trip, so hopefully it's just as easy in Jan. Here's the food and park plans so far:

Sunday- leave home by 9am, stop in Jacksonville for lunch at Whataburger (tradition every trip), arrive at resort by 4pm, check in, unpack, dinner at Big River Grille or ESPN Club (both new for us), head to park to activate military tickets

Monday- EPCOT day, bf @ Boardwalk Bakery, lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh (new), dinner @ La Cantina de San Angel, hoping for fp+ for Test Track & Spaceship Earth

Tuesday- DHS day, bf @ Woody's Lunchbox (new), lunch @ ABC Commissary (new), dinner @ Woody's Lunchbox (new), hoping for fp+ for any of the Toy Story rides, RnR, & ToT

Wednesday- non park day, bf @ Boma, Disney Springs, snacks/drinks @ Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, dinner @ Whispering Canyon

Thursday- AK day, bf @ Boardwalk Bakery, lunch @ Harambe Marketplace (new), dinner at Pizzafari Buffet (new), hoping for fp+ for FoP, EE, & Safari

Friday- MK day, bf @ Capt. Cook's, lunch @ Diamond Horseshoe (new), dinner at Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's, hoping for fp+ for Peter Pan, 7DMT, & BTMRR or Space Mt.

Saturday- departure day, bf @ Beach Club Marketplace, maybe shopping at DS or Boardwalk, lunch at Big River Grille or ESPN Club

Hi to All the January WDW Travelers ... we are booked for our first Disney Vacation!! January 26th thru Feb 3rd at Pop.. Me (37), DH (38), DS (10) and DS (6).. we are super excited.. well boys and I are.. DH is getting there.. we haven't decided if we are flying (youngest DS has not had the opportunity and oldest DS enjoys it.. i hate car/road trips) or driving.. without stops or traffic incidents google maps says 13hrs from southwest Louisiana... the thought of the base time plus gas/potty/traffic makes me cringe! our weather in SWLA is very very similar to FL weather.. just as unpredictable in the winter and just as hot and humid during summer!! i am hoping for medium to low crowds so that we can maneuver easily.. our youngest (who will be six by travel time) doesn't do well with lots of walking, so we are bringing a stroller (or renting if we fly).. i'm so excited to FINALLY get to go to WDW!! checking one off my bucket list!!!

Just reserved Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for our DD on her birthday. Her birthday schedule is now complete with everything she wanted. Wake up, have breakfast at Ohana, then to MK for her appt at the Boutique, will do some sort of snack for lunch because we have dinner reservations at BOG at 5pm. Now if the FP+ scheduling works out this well, it will be icing on the cake.

Good morning! We will be going from January 26th to February 1st. It will be a split stay. First 2 nights at SSR and the rest at BLT theme park view. Very excited!

Welcome, @Ginger R! I’ve added you to the roll call. A theme park view will be great!

Well, I said we wouldn't be going back till 2020 after DS2 finishes his associate's degree- we just went to celebrate his high school graduation- but I couldn't resist! DH and I will be celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary, 5th anniversary of our convalidation ceremony (basically getting married "for real" in the Catholic church- we originally did a civil ceremony since we didn't want a big wedding with the high costs and he was going in the military), and 4th anniversary of me being cancer free on Jan. 18, 2019. So I booked a trip for just the two of us! We never did a honeymoon, but just went and stayed overnight at a hotel on the beach (DS1 was only 6 months old so we didn't want to leave him). Since we've been married we only took one trip by ourselves and that was for our 20th to Asheville, NC to visit Biltmore Estate for a couple days. Both boys are totally supporting me surprising DH with this trip!

I have a room only booking at Boardwalk Inn for 1/13/19-/1/19/19. I picked this resort because it is most like the place we stayed on our wedding night. If they offer military discount I will change to that rate and get military park tickets. If not, I will look to get a package deal. I love the idea of being able to walk to Epcot and DHS, which will be very doable with the weather in Jan.

We both love to eat, but are not really into more the high end restaurants. I already planned out where we will eat and made adr's. Once we're able to book fp+ I will try for certain rides I know we want and hope to add more on after those are used. We actually had a lot of luck with that on our June trip, so hopefully it's just as easy in Jan. Here's the food and park plans so far:

Sunday- leave home by 9am, stop in Jacksonville for lunch at Whataburger (tradition every trip), arrive at resort by 4pm, check in, unpack, dinner at Big River Grille or ESPN Club (both new for us), head to park to activate military tickets

Monday- EPCOT day, bf @ Boardwalk Bakery, lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh (new), dinner @ La Cantina de San Angel, hoping for fp+ for Test Track & Spaceship Earth

Tuesday- DHS day, bf @ Woody's Lunchbox (new), lunch @ ABC Commissary (new), dinner @ Woody's Lunchbox (new), hoping for fp+ for any of the Toy Story rides, RnR, & ToT

Wednesday- non park day, bf @ Boma, Disney Springs, snacks/drinks @ Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, dinner @ Whispering Canyon

Thursday- AK day, bf @ Boardwalk Bakery, lunch @ Harambe Marketplace (new), dinner at Pizzafari Buffet (new), hoping for fp+ for FoP, EE, & Safari

Friday- MK day, bf @ Capt. Cook's, lunch @ Diamond Horseshoe (new), dinner at Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's, hoping for fp+ for Peter Pan, 7DMT, & BTMRR or Space Mt.

Saturday- departure day, bf @ Beach Club Marketplace, maybe shopping at DS or Boardwalk, lunch at Big River Grille or ESPN Club

Welcome, @Sydney2977! I’ve added you to the roll call. Your plans look great - lots of good eats!

We will be there 1/19 - 1/27 and staying at Fort Wilderness Campground in our RV. So excited to be a part of the thread!

Welcome, @tylerzmommy! I’ve added you to the roll call. I would love to bring our trailer to the Fort... but it’s a long drive from Buffalo, NY! :-)

Hi to All the January WDW Travelers ... we are booked for our first Disney Vacation!! January 26th thru Feb 3rd at Pop.. Me (37), DH (38), DS (10) and DS (6).. we are super excited.. well boys and I are.. DH is getting there.. we haven't decided if we are flying (youngest DS has not had the opportunity and oldest DS enjoys it.. i hate car/road trips) or driving.. without stops or traffic incidents google maps says 13hrs from southwest Louisiana... the thought of the base time plus gas/potty/traffic makes me cringe! our weather in SWLA is very very similar to FL weather.. just as unpredictable in the winter and just as hot and humid during summer!! i am hoping for medium to low crowds so that we can maneuver easily.. our youngest (who will be six by travel time) doesn't do well with lots of walking, so we are bringing a stroller (or renting if we fly).. i'm so excited to FINALLY get to go to WDW!! checking one off my bucket list!!!

Welcome, @HollanZoo, I’ve added you to the roll call. I agree about the driving... my choice would definitely be to fly!

We are road trippers, but we make real stops along the way and it becomes an extension of the trip. This time we are taking our sweet time down there stopping at Asheville, Hilton Head and St. Augustine. No plans for the way home yet. I understand that some people don't find it fun though.

Just reserved Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for our DD on her birthday. Her birthday schedule is now complete with everything she wanted. Wake up, have breakfast at Ohana, then to MK for her appt at the Boutique, will do some sort of snack for lunch because we have dinner reservations at BOG at 5pm. Now if the FP+ scheduling works out this well, it will be icing on the cake.

I just wanted to make sure you know that you can celebrate her birthday every day of the trip, not just on her birthday. You can add the celebration to your ADRs and your resort reservation.

Popping in with dates, woohoo! We're booked for 12/30 - 1/5 at the Poly. May add on a day before or after, not sure yet. Dining set for NYE (outside of a park after braving Epcot this past NYE) and a few others I will inevitably end up messing around with. Also booked an after fireworks dessert party at MK on 1/1 that I'm really looking forward to. Never managed a great spot for HEA, so this was a must for me.

Popping in with dates, woohoo! We're booked for 12/30 - 1/5 at the Poly. May add on a day before or after, not sure yet. Dining set for NYE (outside of a park after braving Epcot this past NYE) and a few others I will inevitably end up messing around with. Also booked an after fireworks dessert party at MK on 1/1 that I'm really looking forward to. Never managed a great spot for HEA, so this was a must for me.

Welcome, @xlsm, I’ve added you to the roll call! I’d love to spend NYE at Disney... although I’m sure the crowds are out of control. Have fun tweaking your plans!

:wave2: We are in for a January pre-cruise trip!

Originally, we planned on driving in the day before the cruise and staying at the port, but I managed to convince DH we should tack on a couple Disney days beforehand (... it didn’t really take any convincing, lol).

Now we are booked January 1-5 in a Savannah studio at AKL Kidani village. I was super excited to get this at 7 months out! We are DVC owners, and DH has never stayed there.

After 3 full days of touring, we’ll set sail on the Fantasy for a SWDAS cruise :jumping1:

:wave2: We are in for a January pre-cruise trip!

Originally, we planned on driving in the day before the cruise and staying at the port, but I managed to convince DH we should tack on a couple Disney days beforehand (... it didn’t really take any convincing, lol).

Now we are booked January 1-5 in a Savannah studio at AKL Kidani village. I was super excited to get this at 7 months out! We are DVC owners, and DH has never stayed there.

After 3 full days of touring, we’ll set sail on the Fantasy for a SWDAS cruise :jumping1:

Welcome, @SaraSpringsIsHome! I’ve added you to the roll call. After a few busy days at the parks, relaxing on the cruise will be fabulous!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts