*** January 2019 Thread ***

I highly recommend Teppan Edo, it's a ton of fun, especially if you don't have any Hibachi places back home.

Thanks, we do have hibachi here but I don't think we've ever taken my boys, so it would be new to them!

I don't think I've seen an official January 2019 thread yet! Should we start one? We just booked 1/10/19-1/15/19 (edited from 1/3/19-1/8/19) this weekend! It's our first time renting DVC points and our first time staying at a deluxe! We booked at Copper Creek because my DH fell in love with WL on a previous trip, so we decided to bite the bullet and go for it. We got two studios, one for us and one for our sons. I CANT WAIT! Are there any January friends out there?

Edited to add a Roll Call! Post your DIS name, dates, and resort and I'll add you to the list!

January Travelers:

Elenadc -- 1/5/19-1/12/19 -- All Stars
brewhome -- 1/10/19-1/15/19 -- Copper Creek
SuperNEMOfan -- 1/15/19-1/22/19 -- Poly
neitzelt -- 1/26/19-2/3/19 -- Poly
Zmack -- 1/29/19-2/12/19 -- AKL

We haven't booked yet, we are waiting for packages but also for confirmation that the Armed Forces Salute room discount is returning as well. That will decide if we are staying at AK or AOA.

disney-inspired -- 1/27/19 - 2/02/19 -- AOA/AKL

Me!!!! :wave2::wave2:

Don’t have anything booked yet but I think our dates are the 15th-22nd. We are staying at the Poly thanks to my wonderful father in law. There will be 10 of us 7 adults and 3 kids

The Poly is my dream resort!

Ive started to some serious planning but we are still waiting to get dates down so I cant do much. Planning for 7 people should be fun

I will *try* to plan for 10 people - 6 adults and 4 children (between the ages of 18 mo - 5yo).
We'll see if we tour a lot together or separate. I might have to have two separate planning sessions, one with each family to see what are their must-dos.

We haven't booked yet, we are waiting for packages but also for confirmation that the Armed Forces Salute room discount is returning as well. That will decide if we are staying at AK or AOA.

disney-inspired -- 1/27/19 - 2/02/19 -- AOA/AKL

The Poly is my dream resort!

I will *try* to plan for 10 people - 6 adults and 4 children (between the ages of 18 mo - 5yo).
We'll see if we tour a lot together or separate. I might have to have two separate planning sessions, one with each family to see what are their must-dos.

We have 7 adults and 3 kids ages 4 and 2 almost 3 year olds. I don’t anticipate much to actually get planned

Welcome, @disney-inspired! I'll add you to the first post. Planning for 10 is a big job! Especially with little ones... Naps, food, strollers, etc... But I'm sure you'll come up with a great plan!

We have 7 adults and 3 kids ages 4 and 2 almost 3 year olds. I don’t anticipate much to actually get planned

I'm an uber planner when it comes to WDW but I had to ease up when I first went with my sister's family a few years ago and I can foresee myself having to ease up MORE with my cousin's family. They are so laid back! But we did already set the expectation with them that you can't go to WDW without some sort of plan, unless you want to do nothing the whole trip. They trust me and my Disney expertise so they are open.

Welcome, @disney-inspired! I'll add you to the first post. Planning for 10 is a big job! Especially with little ones... Naps, food, strollers, etc... But I'm sure you'll come up with a great plan!

Naps? What's that? :crazy: My older niece and nephew don't nap anymore and who knows about the younger ones. Thankfully they are good stroller nappers and we will have plenty of adults to rotate. My younger sister is also going and my youngest niece Vivian LOVES her so I'm sure they'll be attached at the hip.

I'm an uber planner when it comes to WDW but I had to ease up when I first went with my sister's family a few years ago and I can foresee myself having to ease up MORE with my cousin's family. They are so laid back! But we did already set the expectation with them that you can't go to WDW without some sort of plan, unless you want to do nothing the whole trip. They trust me and my Disney expertise so they are open.

I’m almost OCD about planning and Disney but with 3 kids I know there will be a lot of winging it. We are planning for a character meal our first day to see how they’ll do with them and basically plan from there.

I don't think I've seen an official January 2019 thread yet! Should we start one? We just booked 1/10/19-1/15/19 (edited from 1/3/19-1/8/19) this weekend! It's our first time renting DVC points and our first time staying at a deluxe! We booked at Copper Creek because my DH fell in love with WL on a previous trip, so we decided to bite the bullet and go for it. We got two studios, one for us and one for our sons. I CANT WAIT! Are there any January friends out there?

That’s awesome. Are your two studios connecting?

That’s awesome. Are your two studios connecting?

I've been looking at the Copper Creek floor plans (that I can find - I don't think they're official) and it doesn't look like there are connecting studios. Some connect to 1 bedrooms to make 2 bedroom suites, but I haven't seen two studios that connect. I am going to put in a room request and put it on there, but at the least to be on the same floor... that will be fine for us. My sons will be 18 and 16 when we go so they'll be fine down the hall.

I'm so excited to stay there! I hope my husband is ready for my inevitable push for every visit to be at a deluxe... and maybe DVC someday?? :-)

I've been looking at the Copper Creek floor plans (that I can find - I don't think they're official) and it doesn't look like there are connecting studios. Some connect to 1 bedrooms to make 2 bedroom suites, but I haven't seen two studios that connect. I am going to put in a room request and put it on there, but at the least to be on the same floor... that will be fine for us. My sons will be 18 and 16 when we go so they'll be fine down the hall.

I'm so excited to stay there! I hope my husband is ready for my inevitable push for every visit to be at a deluxe... and maybe DVC someday?? :-)

Enjoy your trip. It certainly won’t matter if your rooms connect with the age of your boys. My DH would lovee to stay there, but our younger boys are only 9, which is why I asked. I’ve only heard of the poly studios connecting.

Thanks, we do have hibachi here but I don't think we've ever taken my boys, so it would be new to them!

Another vote for Teppan Edo - I went on my solo trip and really enjoyed the meal. It was nice to seated family style so i didn't have to eat alone.

Enjoy your trip. It certainly won’t matter if your rooms connect with the age of your boys. My DH would lovee to stay there, but our younger boys are only 9, which is why I asked. I’ve only heard of the poly studios connecting.

I'll let you know after I get there! I can ask at the front desk.

Welcome, @fruitcait! I'll add you to the roll call. I know lots of people are anxiously awaiting the day that packages can be booked!

Not booked yet, but the dates I want are 1/31-2/9. Maybe I should be on the February thread instead :) Waiting for packages to come out for next year like:
tenor.gif

A lot of balls in the air. Possibly staying in a 2-bedroom villa with a DVC friend IF she books, but I haven't heard anything from her lately and I don't want to push it. Would love to stay at CBR or nicer, but without DVC friend, we will be in a value for sure lol

Not booked yet, but the dates I want are 1/31-2/9. Maybe I should be on the February thread instead :) Waiting for packages to come out for next year like:
tenor.gif

A lot of balls in the air. Possibly staying in a 2-bedroom villa with a DVC friend IF she books, but I haven't heard anything from her lately and I don't want to push it. Would love to stay at CBR or nicer, but without DVC friend, we will be in a value for sure lol[/Q

Welcome, @cinderaimee! You can join both threads! :-) I stayed at CBR last November and loved it... It was my second time there. Maybe there will be a good discount if your friend doesn't come through with the DVC rental.

tentatively planning a Jan 4-10 trip. group of 4
hoping we can get a dining offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter