*** January 2019 Thread ***

Welcome, @Treysar! I've added you to the roll call. We are staying at CC, but going to the Fort for dinner at Trail's End. I can't wait to check it out! Are you camping or staying in a cabin?
I’m staying in a cabin! First time there. I’m so excited! I only ever stayed at the contemporary. Big difference, I hear!

Last edited:
January discounts were released today. Debating switching to music for play stay dine (wed save 250 with adding on the dining plan where if we add the dining plan onto our pop reservation wed play 250 more) that being said none of he discounts were better than the one we got.

We booked CBR with the play, stay, dine deal. There will be 5 of us in one room, so it might be cramped. We were going to book 2 at sports. PSD 2 rooms at sports was more than CBR. Quick calculations I figured we could've saved maybe around $500 if we ate mostly quick service with a couple TS mixed in staying at Sports with the other deal. However, I think the 500 is worth being able to have a TS meal every day (a couple character meals and HDDR included), and not think about prices when ordering will be worth it. Just hoping 4 adults and an 11 year old will be ok in one room. Figure we shouldn't be there much anyway, but have always wanted to stay there.

We booked CBR with the play, stay, dine deal. There will be 5 of us in one room, so it might be cramped. We were going to book 2 at sports. PSD 2 rooms at sports was more than CBR. Quick calculations I figured we could've saved maybe around $500 if we ate mostly quick service with a couple TS mixed in staying at Sports with the other deal. However, I think the 500 is worth being able to have a TS meal every day (a couple character meals and HDDR included), and not think about prices when ordering will be worth it. Just hoping 4 adults and an 11 year old will be ok in one room. Figure we shouldn't be there much anyway, but have always wanted to stay there.

I updated the roll call to CBR, @pens4821. I love CBR! I love the “islands” vibe, and all of the new dining locations will be open by the time you get there. The beaches are a great place to relax in the evening, too!

I posted this in the January cancelled ADR thread, but there are only three posts in there total, so I'll say it here too: We're cancelling a BOG dinner at 5:30pm for a party of four on January 1. If someone wants it, PM me and we'll try to coordinate.

We upgraded our room at WL for $47 with the discount, so we didn't exactly save. I'm waiting for passholder discounts to come out to see if those would actually give us a great deal.

My husband and I are debating if upgrading to the standard dining plan with our pop reservation would be worth it. With play stay dine we'd save about 150 (compared to adding the dining plan to our reservation). Which is about $96 more than if I had planned 1800 for food while there. My son is exstatic about being able to order adult meals so he's pulling for the upgrade and loosing a waterpark day. Hubs is no help and just keeps saying "whatever is the best option that we can afford"

Currently we have be our guest, beeches and cream, sci-fi diner, crystal palace, and cape may scheduled so thats 6 table service credits...

Military discounts for 2019 were announced yesterday!!! I was signed up for a notification through email, and luckily I was just leaving my weekly allergy shots and heading to work when I got the email. If I had been at work or at home I probably wouldn't have seen it for a while. I called right away and was only on hold about 5 minutes before getting to speak to a lovely CM who was able to switch our room at Boardwalk Inn to include the discount, saving us about $1200!!! She asked a couple questions about the trip and I was so excited I started talking about how I was surprising DH for our 22nd anniversary, how we never took a honeymoon but just stayed overnight at a hotel at the beach (that was destroyed by a hurricane and has now been turned into a boardwalk amusement pier- hence why I chose Boardwalk Inn), and how we haven't taken any vacations without the kids so now they're both over 18 it was time for us to take one- she said she'd make sure to note that on our reservation because "you never know what pixie dust might come your way!" I'm not expecting anything, but I thought that was nice anyway. I just hope I can keep the secret from DH at least until Christmas.

Military discounts for 2019 were announced yesterday!!! I was signed up for a notification through email, and luckily I was just leaving my weekly allergy shots and heading to work when I got the email. If I had been at work or at home I probably wouldn't have seen it for a while. I called right away and was only on hold about 5 minutes before getting to speak to a lovely CM who was able to switch our room at Boardwalk Inn to include the discount, saving us about $1200!!! She asked a couple questions about the trip and I was so excited I started talking about how I was surprising DH for our 22nd anniversary, how we never took a honeymoon but just stayed overnight at a hotel at the beach (that was destroyed by a hurricane and has now been turned into a boardwalk amusement pier- hence why I chose Boardwalk Inn), and how we haven't taken any vacations without the kids so now they're both over 18 it was time for us to take one- she said she'd make sure to note that on our reservation because "you never know what pixie dust might come your way!" I'm not expecting anything, but I thought that was nice anyway. I just hope I can keep the secret from DH at least until Christmas.

Very nice savings and sounds like an awesome trip.....with magic!

We changed plans. DH is sick of me at this point. He's done planning and hes done hearing me ask which restaurants he wants to eat because he just doesn't care. His opinion is "we'll be in Florida...WELL BE IN DISNEY! We could be staying in a car and thatd be ok because well be in DISNEYWORLD!" lol

I added 1900 park fare dinner on arrival day and garden grill breakfast for our epcot day. I'm so excited for 1900 park fare! I wanted to eat there and chat with the step sisters and mother s I'm happy we get to. I'm not sure were making the "most" of the standard plan, however, it's allowing us to have a lot more character dining.

SO I see the plan listed on my reservation. it's listed as " Dining Plan: 2019 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Adult (TBX), 2019 Disney Dining Plan 1 Quick Service Meal (TBX), 2019 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Child (TBX)" Does this mean 1 quick serve meal a day? I was a little confused it saying 1 quick serve. Also, I won't see the credits on my Disney experience till we check in right?

We changed plans. DH is sick of me at this point. He's done planning and hes done hearing me ask which restaurants he wants to eat because he just doesn't care. His opinion is "we'll be in Florida...WELL BE IN DISNEY! We could be staying in a car and thatd be ok because well be in DISNEYWORLD!" lol

I added 1900 park fare dinner on arrival day and garden grill breakfast for our epcot day. I'm so excited for 1900 park fare! I wanted to eat there and chat with the step sisters and mother s I'm happy we get to. I'm not sure were making the "most" of the standard plan, however, it's allowing us to have a lot more character dining.

SO I see the plan listed on my reservation. it's listed as " Dining Plan: 2019 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Adult (TBX), 2019 Disney Dining Plan 1 Quick Service Meal (TBX), 2019 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Child (TBX)" Does this mean 1 quick serve meal a day? I was a little confused it saying 1 quick serve. Also, I won't see the credits on my Disney experience till we check in right?

You got the mid level plan, right? If so, you get one table service credit, one quick service credit, and two snacks per day. Plus you get a refillable mug per person.

With the Visa discount we switched from POP/Contemporary to Caribbean/Grand Floridian and saved a little over 400 for room only reservations. :yay:
Where did you see the Visa discount? I can't find it on the Disney site? Planning my very first trip :)

You got the mid level plan, right? If so, you get one table service credit, one quick service credit, and two snacks per day. Plus you get a refillable mug per person.

Yeah we wanted the mid level plan because we had table service meals planned. I was just confused by the wording of it. This is our first time using the dining plan as well.

Just got back from our Sept trip and am already counting the days until our Jan. 2019 trip! We broke down and bought annual passes. So worth it! We are going to be staying at the Polynesian, THANK YOU IN-LAWS! 116 more days! AHHHHHH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter