*** January 2019 Thread ***

Are there any good coffee places near the entrance to Hollywood Studios, or one that is worth walking to once in the park? We are taking a 6am flight on the 7th and going to the park on the same day, so we will be in dire need of coffee once we get there. :mickeyjum
I love this question, because I am a coffee person and I also be as my day around when and where I can get my coffee.

My parents magicbands arrived today. They got a ticket/room package but didn’t get luggage tags-were they supposed to get some?

Also it hit me that we have 19 days left and I had an oh shoot moment. I’ve been nervous all week then today I got scared lol. *sigh*

My parents magicbands arrived today. They got a ticket/room package but didn’t get luggage tags-were they supposed to get some?

Also it hit me that we have 19 days left and I had an oh shoot moment. I’ve been nervous all week then today I got scared lol. *sigh*

Make sure they didn't just overlook them - I had an annual pass last year, so every magic band box I had was just magic bands. This trip is a regular package and I forgot all about the luggage tags! They were in a little slot on the side, and the handles that loop through are in the box pouch that go through the center of the MBs. There should also be a little card in there wrapped in a tiny booklet that is their "magical extras" card (for mini golf/ESPN club).

I didn't find mine until a couple days after the MBs arrived b/c I forgot about them and didn't look at anything in the box besides just opening it and saying, "woohoo! magic bands", LOL

Make sure they didn't just overlook them - I had an annual pass last year, so every magic band box I had was just magic bands. This trip is a regular package and I forgot all about the luggage tags! They were in a little slot on the side, and the handles that loop through are in the box pouch that go through the center of the MBs. There should also be a little card in there wrapped in a tiny booklet that is their "magical extras" card (for mini golf/ESPN club).

I didn't find mine until a couple days after the MBs arrived b/c I forgot about them and didn't look at anything in the box besides just opening it and saying, "woohoo! magic bands", LOL

My mom said she checked all over the box. They booked through a travel agent with an agency special so I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it

Is anyone considering opting out of mousekeeping? We are considering it, especially if we dont reach our savings goal.

I've never gone through a travel agent but did they mention they will handle DME or does she have to call and set that up?
For magical express she did have to send her info to the agent and then the agent sent it to Disney. The agent when she told us what was included with the agency packages said the luggage tags were included (the character tags that come with the magicbands). I think she’s going to contact either the agent or Disney.

Is anyone considering opting out of mousekeeping? We are considering it, especially if we dont reach our savings goal.

yes, I always opt out. It's not for the money, really; that's just a nice perk. We do it because I don't think it's necessary for someone to come in and clean up everyday. I don't need my bed made or daily towels. We're not messy and if we need anything, we can still call and ask for it. Personal preference, I guess.

We did not get the magical extras card or any luggage tags with our magic bands. Womp.
Finally one friend got her ticket, we got her on almost every fastpass but 2, so we'll have to see if we can get her an overlapping window as we get closer.

Still waiting on the other friend, who can't get hers until she's on the army base on Saturday. I'm in charge of adding them to fast passes, so can you say stress? I feel like the more days that go by, the less likely we can get her on ours.

Same! Actually I will most likely have cold brew shipped to the cabin at FW. I can’t wven fathom not starting the day with it.
I'm trying to figure out if it's worth investing in a $30 espresso maker to pack in my suitcase. I'm lactose intolerant but hate the taste of soy, almond, and coconut milk, which is all they have as the dairy alternative at coffee shops. I buy the lactose free stuff and I even roast my own beans. I'm like a coffee pro aka coffee junkie. I don't think that'd be taking it too far..... :rolleyes2

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth investing in a $30 espresso maker to pack in my suitcase. I'm lactose intolerant but hate the taste of soy, almond, and coconut milk, which is all they have as the dairy alternative at coffee shops. I buy the lactose free stuff and I even roast my own beans. I'm like a coffee pro aka coffee junkie. I don't think that'd be taking it too far..... :rolleyes2
You might be my hero! I do not roast my own beans, but I brew my own cold brew at home. I’m so picky, recently our local coffee shop shut down. A new person bought it and I’ve been trying to get in contact with them to pressure them to use a certain kind of beans LOL. They probably hate me already!

You might be my hero! I do not roast my own beans, but I brew my own cold brew at home. I’m so picky, recently our local coffee shop shut down. A new person bought it and I’ve been trying to get in contact with them to pressure them to use a certain kind of beans LOL. They probably hate me already!
Yeah well you like what you like! Roasting is great. When I have to drink 'store/coffee shop beans' ... ugh:snooty:. It helps that buying green beans, even mildly expensive ones are still half the cost of store/coffee shop beans. I spend about $6/lb. It's a time investment but totally worth the flavor! You and I are going to be there around the same time, if you want to meet up I can totally give you some fresh beans! 35 more days!

32 days to go here! We can place our orders for BOG lunches in less than a week! Haven't checked on magic bands but guessing they will ship soon.

Everything is set except I'm still looking for a dinner ADR for the Plaza Restaurant for 1/17. Might be impossible to get at this point, but at least we got everything else we wanted in terms of dining and fast passes!

I’ve been looking for a Plaza ADR as well. Is it because the restaurant is so small that ADRs seem so impossible to get?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter