*** January 2019 Thread ***

Just wondering if anybody here has ever used Garden Grocer or Amazon Prime to deliver groceries to the room. Amazon has a much larger selection (plus, I'm a Prime member) but their delivery service to the resorts seems hit-or-miss.

We have used Prime Now for the last few trips and it has worked well. There were one or two items that weren't available through Prime at the time we placed our order, but we have't had any major issues. We just supplemented from the hotel store if needed.

Just wondering if anybody here has ever used Garden Grocer or Amazon Prime to deliver groceries to the room. Amazon has a much larger selection (plus, I'm a Prime member) but their delivery service to the resorts seems hit-or-miss.

I used prime now in October and it was pretty easy. They just called ahead of time to make sure I was actually staying at the hotel that day

38 days. What a roller coaster the last couple months have been - on Halloween I fell and suffered a "significant ankle sprain" per my provider. That same day my husband lost his job. It's been a couple of rough months! Fortunately, my husband was able to pick up some work for a farmer with harvest and we paid off our trip. I pushed myself through physical therapy and have been given the all clear from them. Yesterday my husband started a new job - and he will get the time off in January to go on our trip! (apparently, his new boss has a wife who loves Disney so he completely understands - YAY!!) Now I just have to make it until Monday morning when we will reveal the trip to our son. It's been so hard to keep it from him and he has no idea. Anyone else doing a big reveal for Christmas?

@WawaCoffee, I used Garden Grocer last time I was there in November 2017 and it was perfect. I've already placed my order for our January trip. It's well worth the extra cost per item in my opinion! We order water, beer, fruit, and some snacks. Works out perfectly for us. We also use Jet Bags in our luggage to bring hard liquor with us - you can find them on Amazon.

We are there Jan 9 - 16 and staying at Beach Club. There for marathon weekend primarily.

Welcome, @ZellyB! I've added you to the roll call. We are not running in the marathon, but we will be there the same weekend!

5-11 POP
11-14 POR
Also doing the 10k

Welcome, @Tall Todd! I've added you to the roll call!

38 days. What a roller coaster the last couple months have been - on Halloween I fell and suffered a "significant ankle sprain" per my provider. That same day my husband lost his job. It's been a couple of rough months! Fortunately, my husband was able to pick up some work for a farmer with harvest and we paid off our trip. I pushed myself through physical therapy and have been given the all clear from them. Yesterday my husband started a new job - and he will get the time off in January to go on our trip! (apparently, his new boss has a wife who loves Disney so he completely understands - YAY!!) Now I just have to make it until Monday morning when we will reveal the trip to our son. It's been so hard to keep it from him and he has no idea. Anyone else doing a big reveal for Christmas?

@AHullMN, I hope your ankle feels better soon! We did a reveal for Christmas one year when my boys were 7 and 9 - we did a big box wrapped in Disney paper that had balloons that floated out with signs attached saying, "we're going to Disney in XX days!!)! Then we had sweatshirts, t-shirts, pins, and some other dollar store Disney stuff in the box for them to open. We started them off with some scavenger hunt clues to lead them to the box. It was awesome and they were totally surprised!

Last edited:
Got the email today that our magic bands have shipped. Have been concentrating on work, which has been busy, and Christmas, which I’m not ready for, so haven’t allowed myself to get too excited. Did mention to DH when one month came up until we leave. First trip by ourselves since DD was 2 (and she’s 32 now), so I’m a bit excited about making this trip all about us and what we want to do. Does that sound selfish?

We have used Garden Grocer several times. Great service and good selection. I would definitely recommend them!

Got the email today that our magic bands have shipped. Have been concentrating on work, which has been busy, and Christmas, which I’m not ready for, so haven’t allowed myself to get too excited. Did mention to DH when one month came up until we leave. First trip by ourselves since DD was 2 (and she’s 32 now), so I’m a bit excited about making this trip all about us and what we want to do. Does that sound selfish?

Not at all - enjoy every minute of it! :-)

Im so sad! I missed a touring plans reservation alert for Ohana....fingers crossed something comes up again. We have one but its for 3:45 and well who wants to eat that early

If I’m using a TA, donthe magic express tags and magic bands come to me or them? I arrive on the 19, nonidea when my bands will arrive.

Thanks!

If I’m using a TA, donthe magic express tags and magic bands come to me or them? I arrive on the 19, nonidea when my bands will arrive.

Thanks!

Bands should be coming to you. Magical express might go to your agent if they selected that option. You should be able to see your tracking information on my disney experience for the bands

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter