*** January 2019 Thread ***

I don’t live and die by the crowd predictions, anyway... I don’t think any of the sites that do them have a magic formula that provides enough reliability. I like to reference them but I don’t really plan heavily around them. I figure with a hopper pass we can be flexible enough to change on the fly if a particular park is too overwhelming.

Would that be because of the Disney Marathon, or some other event that I'm unaware of? I hope the crowd levels are relatively low while we are there (1/7 - 1/11).. neither I nor my girlfriend are able to handle large crowds very well.
There is no reason for it to be anything that has been on the schedule for months. Holidays, events (well planned) etc would already be factored in.

Has anyone ever been at the end of Jan? Weather is looking great....but wondering how cold 44ish will be and if you could get away with just a hoodie at night?

Has anyone ever been at the end of Jan? Weather is looking great....but wondering how cold 44ish will be and if you could get away with just a hoodie at night?
We go at the end of January each year and the temps fluctuate. However, 44 is chilly in the evenings even for us coming from colder climates (Michigan). Be sure to bring a pair of gloves and a stocking cap in addition to a fleece jacket of some sort. You don't want to be stuck buying a cheap pair of gloves that you normally could get for a couple of bucks at home for $25 at Disney. Be proactive! Enjoy!

Never used "packing cubes" before... these things are awesome. I bought the set of four cubes on black friday for $10 or so. I was able to utilize a single carry-on bag for our upcoming 5 night trip, with extra room to spare. My "personal item" will be a small backpack which I'm bringing to Hollywood Studios on arrival day while our resort room is being prepared!
:goofy:

dUrD0fA.jpg

Never used "packing cubes" before... these things are awesome. I bought the set of four cubes on black friday for $10 or so. I was able to utilize a single carry-on bag for our upcoming 5 night trip, with extra room to spare. My "personal item" will be a small backpack which I'm bringing to Hollywood Studios on arrival day while our resort room is being prepared!
:goofy:

dUrD0fA.jpg

I don't understand these packing cube things. I bought some also for a great deal, but not sure how they save space when packing, don't they take up more space? I can see where they can help keep things organized but my suitcase is usually packed so tight I'm not sure they're going to help me out.

We go at the end of January each year and the temps fluctuate. However, 44 is chilly in the evenings even for us coming from colder climates (Michigan). Be sure to bring a pair of gloves and a stocking cap in addition to a fleece jacket of some sort. You don't want to be stuck buying a cheap pair of gloves that you normally could get for a couple of bucks at home for $25 at Disney. Be proactive! Enjoy!

Thanks! We figured with the parks closing at 8pm it might not get too too cold by the time we head back to hotel.

I don't understand these packing cube things. I bought some also for a great deal, but not sure how they save space when packing, don't they take up more space? I can see where they can help keep things organized but my suitcase is usually packed so tight I'm not sure they're going to help me out.

I agree AngieInOH we don't travel mush comimcant decide if they would really be useful for us or not. I would like to see a true comparison of packing the same items with and without the cubes

It got up to 42 here in Wisconsin and we're like haha light jacket. Dh is walking around with tshirt and jeans in this weather. However be reminded that we've had highs of 20 the last month so 40 feels like a heat wave for us. That might not be the case for anyone else.

It got up to 42 here in Wisconsin and we're like haha light jacket. Dh is walking around with tshirt and jeans in this weather. However be reminded that we've had highs of 20 the last month so 40 feels like a heat wave for us. That might not be the case for anyone else.

Same thing here in MN - didn't have to wear my coat to go outside. Loving this weather! Kids on their bikes, people in shorts, etc.

I don’t live and die by the crowd predictions, anyway... I don’t think any of the sites that do them have a magic formula that provides enough reliability. I like to reference them but I don’t really plan heavily around them. I figure with a hopper pass we can be flexible enough to change on the fly if a particular park is too overwhelming.

Me neither, and I knew those 1 and 2s were too good to be true. I can’t believe AK went from a 2 to a 9 though. That’s nuts.

Our arrival day was good. We landed and made it through MCO ok. They weren’t joking when saying it’s a huge airport! We were all stressed and tired so we just grabbed our bags and off we went. We rented a van so we drove around, grabbed breakfast at ihop and grabbed a case of water and some snacks at target. Then checked in at pop and napped. We were asked if we had a preference of floor or room and my son was adamant about being in the 80s section. Afterward we walked around, grabbed some pins at the resort gift shop and then ordered room service pizza and breadsticks (cause I was tired and overwhelmed) all in bed around 9pm. Today we do the boutique and eat at 1900 park fare for dinner!

Be careful with the H2O soap. I used it last night and woke up with rashes and welts all over my body.

Also I read on the boards in the tips section that earlier this year people came down with hand foot mouth from walking around barefoot in the rooms

Be careful with the H2O soap. I used it last night and woke up with rashes and welts all over my body.

Also I read on the boards in the tips section that earlier this year people came down with hand foot mouth from walking around barefoot in the rooms

What?!?
I've never had rash issues, but the hand foot mouth thing is :scared1:. Never heard of that before?!

Please look on the CDC website for how it spreads. https://www.cdc.gov/hand-foot-mouth/about/transmission.html

Kids have a lower buildup of immunity and they are forever putting their hands in their mouth. Both of my boys got hand foot and mouth from one of their friends. However my husband and I did not get it. LOTS of hand washing and hand sanitizer. That also being said we rubbed every surface in our house that the kids could have touched with lysol wipes. I don't think it's common for the cleaning staff to clean the door knobs and light switches which are the places that have the most germs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!