*** January 2019 Thread ***

I got an email from Touring Plans increasing the crowd levels every day of our trip... some significantly.

I'm going in February as well and crowd predictions shot up for all of my days then too.
I was surprised by the significant rise in crowd levels, too. I expected high crowds for my President's Day trip - going with friends who have an 11 year old - but late Jan/early Feb surprised me. I've never been on an "8" or "10" day.

Since I am literally the last of the January folks (along with ksibrel) arriving 6AM Jan 30 I got my MB on Thursday and the DME luggage tags on Friday. Reading about everyone there now and your travel days is satiating some of my excitement.

We are going 1/26-2/2 and staying at the Poly. Can't wait! We told our kids (7, 4, and 15m twins) on Christmas. They weren't as excited for the trip as they were for the balloons in the box, but eventually came around and now they ask every day if it's Disney day me and hubby went for our honeymoon almost 10 years ago. I can't wait to be back in my happy place!

I had a mini panic attack yesterday about the crowd levels being predicted while we're there. Swapped two of our days so we aren't in parks that have EMH's those days. We can always still go to them for the evening EMH's but at least our plans don't have us in those parks all day long now. I was able to replace all fast passes except 7DMT and our meal reservations so that was good. We're doing DAH one evening at MK so we can ride 7DMT multiple times then if we want.

9 days left!

I was so nervous when I saw the Touring Plans email yesterday, but the max prediction on my park days is a 6 rather than the 9s and 10s others are getting. Let's hope it stays that way!

We've also got 3 special events planned -- DAH at AK, DAH at MK, and EMM at DHS so that'll help a bit.

I was so nervous when I saw the Touring Plans email yesterday, but the max prediction on my park days is a 6 rather than the 9s and 10s others are getting. Let's hope it stays that way!

We'll be there at the same time! I was looking at the crowd calendar on Kenny the Pirate's site and he also recommends the best and worst parks for each day. That's what made me swap our MK and Epcot days. Generally you want to avoid parks with EMH's but I was thinking crowds might be low enough that it wouldn't matter. Silly me! He had them rated as the worst parks for each day and the crowd levels as high partly due to some college cheer and dance competition that will be going on. There's also the marathon right before we go and MLK day while we're there. Always something I guess. Labor Day week is the only time I've found that is truly uncrowded now at WDW.

Please look on the CDC website for how it spreads. https://www.cdc.gov/hand-foot-mouth/about/transmission.html

Kids have a lower buildup of immunity and they are forever putting their hands in their mouth. Both of my boys got hand foot and mouth from one of their friends. However my husband and I did not get it. LOTS of hand washing and hand sanitizer. That also being said we rubbed every surface in our house that the kids could have touched with lysol wipes. I don't think it's common for the cleaning staff to clean the door knobs and light switches which are the places that have the most germs.

I doubt I have hand foot mouth. I just remembered reading a post on here about hand foot mouth being spread around but it was during the summer. I have a lowered immunity though (due to my meds) but I think it’s just an allergic reaction to something...The rash looks like typical contact dermatitis or an allergic reaction. I don’t typically have sensitive skin but do have allergic reactions sometimes.

I doubt I have hand foot mouth. I just remembered reading a post on here about hand foot mouth being spread around but it was during the summer. I have a lowered immunity though (due to my meds) but I think it’s just an allergic reaction to something...The rash looks like typical contact dermatitis or an allergic reaction. I don’t typically have sensitive skin but do have allergic reactions sometimes.

Could it be the detergent used on the bedding?

We are going 1/26-2/2 and staying at the Poly. Can't wait! We told our kids (7, 4, and 15m twins) on Christmas. They weren't as excited for the trip as they were for the balloons in the box, but eventually came around and now they ask every day if it's Disney day me and hubby went for our honeymoon almost 10 years ago. I can't wait to be back in my happy place!

Awesome, @Momma of 4! I’ve added you to the roll call. Have a wonderful trip!

I can't believe you're at work the day before you leave!:scared:
I requested off both the day before we leave and the day after we get back home. Before so I can finish packing, get my nails done and run any last minute errands. Also our flight leaves at 5:50AM. And after because I'll have the Disney hangover :upsidedow

I did the same for the same reasons! I also have to use all my time off by the end of Jan. The way my rotation at work runs though I am off the day before we leave anyway, so I had to take a day off during the week too, which means a 4 day work week the week before we go and the week we get back- yippee!

Could it be the detergent used on the bedding?
I thought maybe the bedding was causing issues but I wore pants to bed and was in jeans all day yesterday and most of my rashes are on my legs, knees, elbows and a little on my arms and stomach. Only one spot on my forehead. The rash has calmed down now though.

The reason the crowd calendars changed is because touring plans predicts that their will be less CMs in the park

The reason the crowd calendars changed is because touring plans predicts that their will be less CMs in the park

I saw that. We will just roll with whatever it is.

I woke up this morning and had my “oh my gosh, it’s only four days away” momentary panic. I picked up last minute stuff yesterday, and I’m partway packed with plans to do the rest today, so I really have no reason to freak out, but there it was!

My bedroom looks like my dryer exploded in it. Packing will be done while the kids nap. Weather has cleared up for the morning so our flight should be good to go!!

Checking into our flights in the morning and hoping we get TSA Precheck

We arrive tomorrow morning! Waking up at 1AM, our flight boards at 5AM (really lucked out with the weather here in the northeast) and we are spending the remainder of the day in Hollywood Studios while our royal room at Port Orleans Riverside is being prepared... it's going to be a very long day! I will be detaching myself from technology for the duration of the trip (except to use my camera and MDE app), so thank you to everyone for answering all the questions I had throughout the countdown. This will be my first Disney trip since the late 1990's so I'm very excited to see what has changed and what still reminds me of childhood memories.

If you see me wearing this shirt tomorrow (January 7th) in Hollywood Studios, feel free to say hello!

81zh8-b5AgL._SY500_.jpg

We arrive tomorrow morning! Waking up at 1AM, our flight boards at 5AM (really lucked out with the weather here in the northeast) and we are spending the remainder of the day in Hollywood Studios while our royal room at Port Orleans Riverside is being prepared... it's going to be a very long day! I will be detaching myself from technology for the duration of the trip (except to use my camera and MDE app), so thank you to everyone for answering all the questions I had throughout the countdown. This will be my first Disney trip since the late 1990's so I'm very excited to see what has changed and what still reminds me of childhood memories.

If you see me wearing this shirt tomorrow (January 7th) in Hollywood Studios, feel free to say hello!

81zh8-b5AgL._SY500_.jpg

Have an awesome trip!

We leave 2 weeks from today! I'm swamped with work, got our Xmas trees down but all the decorations are still out, and just about every piece of clothing we all own is in the laundry lol. I WANT to start panicking but this always happens to me, and I always come out ok :thumbsup2 DH and I narrowed down where else we think we want to eat in addition to Citricos which is the only ADR we have, we just really prefer not having plans set in stone when the kids aren't with us. Trying Morimoto for the first time and possibly Sanaa again but that one is still up in the air :)

10 days for me! I spent last night picking out clothes that I would need to make sure I didn't need to do any extra laundry before I left. I tend to run cold so every outfit is paired with a light-weight sweater for the day. I'm also planning on bringing a lightweight jacket with me in case any days end up being cooler than anticipated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter