*** January 2019 Thread ***

Currently lying in my super comfy king sized Boardwalk Villa bed :lovestruc:love::lovestruc
I love it here so much. DH and I have been coming at least once sometimes twice a year for a while now but DD hasn’t been interested in joining us so this is her first time in about 4 years. She’s 13 now and it’s SO great having her here.

Went spent our first day at Epcot yesterday. Ate at Tutto Gusto Wine cellar for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. They sat us in the cutest section on a couch with a coffee table right next to the fire place. I’m still thinking about the pannis I had. So good.

We check out of Boardwalk today and into AKL for our first time CL!
Already know it will be worth it by how hungry DD is all the time! We planned on going to France for breakfast at 9 this am but she’s already up and hungry :confused3

Hope everyone else is having a great time/getting excited!!

Currently lying in my super comfy king sized Boardwalk Villa bed :lovestruc:love::lovestruc
I love it here so much. DH and I have been coming at least once sometimes twice a year for a while now but DD hasn’t been interested in joining us so this is her first time in about 4 years. She’s 13 now and it’s SO great having her here.

Went spent our first day at Epcot yesterday. Ate at Tutto Gusto Wine cellar for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. They sat us in the cutest section on a couch with a coffee table right next to the fire place. I’m still thinking about the pannis I had. So good.

Already know it will be worth it by how hungry DD is all the time! We planned on going to France for breakfast at 9 this am but she’s already up and hungry :confused3

Sounds fabulous! Enjoy!

Yesterday we were at Magic Kingdom. It was a tad crowded but manageable. We waited in standby for a few rides, the longest was about a 45 minute wait. Still even with a longer wait my 4 year old did great, she was very patient and just full of joy. We’ve been doing character meals instead of meeting characters in the park and it’s been nice to have that time to ride rides. My daughter is having a blast every ride she gets off she says she wants to ride again...except Hainted Mansion...that ride she spent the entire time holding her hands over her eyes. If o tried to move them for her look she’d yell “NO!” And start to cry a little. She just woke up from a nap though.

I may not be utilizing the dining plan to it’s fullest but it’s been great to not worry about the cost of each meal and tell my son he can only order kids meals or that we have to share meals.

I LOVE the Boardwalk Villas! I rented points to stay there for my first solo trip last September and loved my room and the resort so much. Also loved being able to walk right down to the boardwalk and over to Epcot some mornings, or to take the boat to HS.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Good to hear! I've wanted to try Tutto Gusto and I think this time we may finally give it a try, all reviews I read are so positive :)

Already know it will be worth it by how hungry DD is all the time!
I love AKL, it's my 3rd favorite resort. And not because there's anything wrong with it! Haven't done club there but we have at WL and GF and I agree, with hungry teenagers it's definitely worth it. I have boys and when they're with us they take full advantage of it.
Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Glad you enjoyed Boardwalk! We're not staying in the villas, just the inn, but I'm super excited to try it! I think it's perfect for DH and I for this trip. We stayed at AKL for older DS's graduation trip and I fell in love. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did!

Yesterday we were at Magic Kingdom. It was a tad crowded but manageable. We waited in standby for a few rides, the longest was about a 45 minute wait. Still even with a longer wait my 4 year old did great, she was very patient and just full of joy. We’ve been doing character meals instead of meeting characters in the park and it’s been nice to have that time to ride rides. My daughter is having a blast every ride she gets off she says she wants to ride again...except Hainted Mansion...that ride she spent the entire time holding her hands over her eyes. If o tried to move them for her look she’d yell “NO!” And start to cry a little. She just woke up from a nap though.

I may not be utilizing the dining plan to it’s fullest but it’s been great to not worry about the cost of each meal and tell my son he can only order kids meals or that we have to share meals.

I'm loving hearing about your trip- keep those updates coming! It's bringing back great memories of trips when our kids were little.

It's the final countdown! (ok, I've had that song going through my head all week!)

I work this afternoon/evening. I'm going to spray the final sealant coat on the magic bands before I leave. Tomorrow I am off but have a check up with my podiatrist in the morning and then have to take DS to get books for this semester. I plan to do some cleaning up around the house (as much as I can with all the stuff moved around from the floors being ripped up). I work day shift Friday- which will likely be the longest day ever! Saturday we're off so I can grocery shop for DS for while we're gone and get some stuff to make when we get back. Then we'll pack, go to church and dinner, and try to get to sleep at a decent time so we can get up Sunday and hit the road!

The pins I ordered for trading came in and we all had fun looking through them. We gave DS the Stitch ones from the batch since he collects them, I took a Maleficent one to keep, and there were a few DH wanted to keep. We have some we want to try to get the sets of, so DS showed me how he and his GF did screenshots of sets from Google then circled the ones they still needed. We'll be on the lookout for some they are looking for to complete sets and we "traded" some too for sets we're trying to find. He says to me "Man, I wanna go back..." I said "To pin trade or to go to the parks?" and he said "Both. It's just so much fun." Ah, I'm glad he hasn't grown up too much to enjoy WDW!

I still have quite a bit of work to get through before I leave. I just have Saturday off between now and our trip and will be working Sunday and Monday then leaving work at 3pm on Monday to head straight for the airport. I will take my dog to a friends house Sunday evening for her "staycation" with them. Then just need to get my cat set up with his self feeder and waterer for his staycation too. Hoping he'll be a good boy and leave my Christmas tree alone while I'm gone. He's been good while it's been up for the past month or so. I like to leave my Christmas stuff up until at least the end of January and actually it's a tradition in Denver to leave exterior Christmas lights up until after the annual stock show.

so was planning to go to the poconos for Hubby's bday (kid free vacay) and yesterday morning I got a email from our local airline (Spirit) for 90% off. For giggles I checked out the prices of flights to s few places and lo and behold with luggage I got 2 R/T tixs to Orlando for $92. Jumped on phone with a cast member and found a discounted Coronado Springs room for less then a All Star. Our friday to Monday trip just grew to Thursday to Tuesday and from the poconos to Disney for almost the same costs! and best of all this is our first trip for more then a overnight with out the kids since we went to Vegas for 5 days in summer or 2009! All more special cause we went to Coronado Springs 10 months after we married and haven't been back since. Yay 15 days!

I’m in Magic Kingdom. I have some free time right now while my daughter naps in the stroller. We had a great cast member experience while waiting for Aladdin’s carpets. My daughter started melting down and she dropped down and started talking to her. My daughter hugged her and it helped prevent a major meltdown. We carved out some time for the princess hall and I’ll tell ya, she loved it! She got to wear her fancy belle dress I bought her 2 years ago and all the princesses loved how poofy and beautiful she looked. Unfortunately while we were in the meet, something happened to the hangar so the dress has not been stable on the stroller :( it’s been a lot of fun seeing her excitement for the rides. She loves big thunder mountain. Overall it’s been a really nice, semi-relaxed day. We’ve been able to do a lot even though it feels like the park is busy.

The night picked up a lot. My mom came out and took over watching my daughter while she napped so I walked in to meet Goofy and Donald at Pete’s side show. Meeting the characters alone is something special. Goofy loved my Goofy pubs (he’s my favorite) and I got some great pics. Donald “sang” happy birthday to me. We ate at Be Our Guest nd it was ok...not really 2 table service credits worthy but not bad. It takes a long time though. We were waiting to meet Beast and he left so I took the moment to get the photographer take pics of my daughter in front of the fireplace. Got some adorable pics! She’s dressed like belle so Beast loves her curtsy and they danced together and he drew hearts in the air for her. A great character expirience

Anyone need apt at BBB at the castle on Tues Jan 22 8:30? I have two spots to cancel. Let me know!

Touring plans has today predicted at 9 for Hollywood Studios :/ so far though I think Touring Plans has been wrong. It predicted Magic Kingdom at a 7 yesterday but it was actually more of a 5. Either way I’m hoping it won’t be super crowded.

so was planning to go to the poconos for Hubby's bday (kid free vacay) and yesterday morning I got a email from our local airline (Spirit) for 90% off. For giggles I checked out the prices of flights to s few places and lo and behold with luggage I got 2 R/T tixs to Orlando for $92. Jumped on phone with a cast member and found a discounted Coronado Springs room for less then a All Star. Our friday to Monday trip just grew to Thursday to Tuesday and from the poconos to Disney for almost the same costs! and best of all this is our first trip for more then a overnight with out the kids since we went to Vegas for 5 days in summer or 2009! All more special cause we went to Coronado Springs 10 months after we married and haven't been back since. Yay 15 days!

Wow that's an amazing deal! CSR will be so nice for just the two of you. Have fun last minute planning and then celebrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!