*** January 2019 Thread ***

We are here and having a great time. Did the parks yesterday and today so far. They were crowded, but we got to do everything we have wanted. AM EMH, then another park for FP has worked great. Getting more fp for anything we wanted hasn’t worked, but our fp have gone until about 5. We have just taken it easy and seen some shows in the afternoon and a couple of the lower wait rides/attractions.

All the headliners have been at least 90 minutes when we’ve been by them. Btmrr fp line was backed way up out the line yesterday and the posted wait was 140. Splash was low wait, but it was cold (we used our Fp).

Just got back! Missing Disney and definitely sad I'm at work (on an hour of sleep no less! I'm going to be super useful and easy going lol). Hope everyone flying into/out of New York and Boston areas this weekend got where they needed to be! We flew into Providence but the terminal around us was all NY/Bos and all flights were delayed by 5 hours at least. We got delayed an hour but still landed at 1:15 this morning. There was a moment we were worried we were going to have to spend a night at the Hyatt.

Other than that though, we had a nice, relaxing weekend! I'll be starting up a trip report once I get some sleep.

Sore throat and slight fever for me and my mom thinks she has the flu. At least we made it a week into our trip! Heading home on Thursday. May end up not using all days of park tickets, well see.

The forecast for our first few days looks FRIGID...for us as native Southern Californians. I need to buy warmer pants, was planning on wearing workout leggings but may need to find some that are fleece lined for those chilly mornings and evenings.

I would definitely recommend fleece lined leggings or jeans- that's what I wore and was comfy. DH was like "Are you really only wearing leggings?" and I had to show him they were fleece lined.

Leaving tomorrow morning for a week at CBR! Not really worried about the colder weather but am starting to worry about the crowds. We were really hoping for shorter lines since its January but looking at the wait times today on the Disney app that might not be the case. :worried:

Leaving tomorrow morning for a week at CBR! Not really worried about the colder weather but am starting to worry about the crowds. We were really hoping for shorter lines since its January but looking at the wait times today on the Disney app that might not be the case. :worried:

I wouldn't really weigh in the wait times yet, yesterday was a holiday so I'm sure some people took some time off. Hopefully it'll taper off by the end of the week.

We are staying in the beach club villas this trip got a great price on a two bedroom villa thanks!

Thanks, @ManalapanDad, I added you to the roll call! We ate dinner at the Beach Club on our recent visit and absolutely love that resort - the convenience to Epcot is outstanding. It's on my list of places to stay in the future! Enjoy!

I'll be there January 28-February 2. Staying at POP! Am now at the stage of checking the Orlando weather every day.

Welcome, @Nikki1013! I've added you to the roll call! Hope you get some nice, warm, sunny days!

We will be there 1/26 - 1/31. Split stay between CBR and a 2 bedroom splurge at Kidani! This is our first trip and we are so excited! We’re from the frigid North so the temps don’t bother me so much.

@bigeyedfish, I had you in the roll call but only at CBR, so I updated it to reflect your split stay! Enjoy Kidani!

Marking our spot at Pop from 1/26-2/2. Only a few days left!!

Welcome, @AChampagneGlass! I've added you to the roll call. Have a wonderful trip!

Welcome, @hulk51382! I've added you to the roll call with a 1/30 return date - is that correct? Hopefully the lines will shorten up a bit once the MLK holiday crowd starts heading home.

Hoping for the same as we leave to head down tomorrow....6 days though should be enough right even with the longer waits?

Do you have your fastpasses selected for earlier in the day? I feel if you arrive before rope drop most (or all) days, you'll definitely get a lot accomplished with using FP+ and knowing what you want to do at each park.

Thanks, @ManalapanDad, I added you to the roll call! We ate dinner at the Beach Club on our recent visit and absolutely love that resort - the convenience to Epcot is outstanding. It's on my list of places to stay in the future! Enjoy!

Welcome, @Nikki1013! I've added you to the roll call! Hope you get some nice, warm, sunny days!

@bigeyedfish, I had you in the roll call but only at CBR, so I updated it to reflect your split stay! Enjoy Kidani!

Welcome, @AChampagneGlass! I've added you to the roll call. Have a wonderful trip!

Welcome, @hulk51382! I've added you to the roll call with a 1/30 return date - is that correct? Hopefully the lines will shorten up a bit once the MLK holiday crowd starts heading home.

Yes! We will be back the 30th. Thanks!

We leave for Disney this Saturday from the frigid northeast, and while I’ll be happy to be in warmer climes, it looks like rain next week. Fingers crossed it disappears from the radar. Any rain tips? ☔☔
Staying at Yacht club first time.

Do you have your fastpasses selected for earlier in the day? I feel if you arrive before rope drop most (or all) days, you'll definitely get a lot accomplished with using FP+ and knowing what you want to do at each park.

Not for earlier in the day somewhat spread out....wonder if we should rethink them? The problem is the only "hard to get one" that we haven't got was Slinky Dog.

We leave for Disney this Saturday from the frigid northeast, and while I’ll be happy to be in warmer climes, it looks like rain next week. Fingers crossed it disappears from the radar. Any rain tips? ☔☔
Staying at Yacht club first time.

@CruisnParkers, let me know your end date and I’ll add you to the roll call!

Not for earlier in the day somewhat spread out....wonder if we should rethink them? The problem is the only "hard to get one" that we haven't got was Slinky Dog.
Slinky was the only hard to get one we didn't have either, but ended up only waiting 65 minutes when wait time said 80. I knew that going in so I was fine. We had FP for TSMM earlier and after we did that thought we'd go jump in line for Slinky- but it was 140 minutes! I said "Let's wait and go do some other things." We came back later in the afternoon and it had gone down significantly. DH and I absolutely loved it though, so it's worth the wait!
If you're not trying to literally do everything in the parks having your FP spread out isn't bad. You can do other attractions/shows that have shorter wait times in between. We were there the week in between marathon weekend and MLK weekend. The Mon. and Fri. were busier but the days in the middle were way less crowds. Even the CFM's were commenting how much less crowded it was. I'm no expert, but I think it will probably be the same for the rest of this week and next. Nights and weekends will probably be busier at Epcot due to the FotA and lots of locals coming for that.

Slinky was the only hard to get one we didn't have either, but ended up only waiting 65 minutes when wait time said 80. I knew that going in so I was fine. We had FP for TSMM earlier and after we did that thought we'd go jump in line for Slinky- but it was 140 minutes! I said "Let's wait and go do some other things." We came back later in the afternoon and it had gone down significantly. DH and I absolutely loved it though, so it's worth the wait!
If you're not trying to literally do everything in the parks having your FP spread out isn't bad. You can do other attractions/shows that have shorter wait times in between. We were there the week in between marathon weekend and MLK weekend. The Mon. and Fri. were busier but the days in the middle were way less crowds. Even the CFM's were commenting how much less crowded it was. I'm no expert, but I think it will probably be the same for the rest of this week and next. Nights and weekends will probably be busier at Epcot due to the FotA and lots of locals coming for that.

We leave tomorrow and also didn't get a slinky dog fp and had planned on doing it later in the afternoon. Good to here how that went for you. Thanks for sharing!

We leave in 2 days!! So excited :) . Just wondering if anyone has some info on Prime Now. We don't arrive until 8pm so Im thinking we wont get to to POP until maybe 10? I am placing an order with Prime Now and have some things that need to be kept cold. Does Prime Now separate the cold stuff and do you know what the later delivery windows are? Praying for my only room request of connecting rooms and low crowds and high temps (and no rain). Not too much to ask for, huh? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!