January 2019

How are Disney Visa members notified of January discounts? If I’m checking Disney’s site, should I also be checking my Disney visa site? Or would they send an email?
Thanks so much! I’ll be following this thread.
I’ve had my Disney visa over 10 yrs now and I think I’ve only gotten a discount email from Chase a few times. I know I found one in my spam folder one year, so maybe that’s why? Anyway after that I made sure to add chase to my email contacts so anything from them wouldn’t go to spam. Spring of 2017 I got an email from them about 9am the day Disney released the discount. The release happened at like 6am on the east coast, so the email came really late. Someone on the boards said they called chase about whether they would get an email about any discounts, and that person told them no, that that info is released by Disney. So maybe that’s why the emIl comes so late? Maybe Disney notifies them when the discount has been released & then they sens out the emails to the card holders? I don’t know, but in my experience chase is spotty at best in notifying you. The disboards have been the best source I’ve found for discount info. Good luck!

Something to keep an eye on - the NEW ticket system comes out Oct 16th. Hopefully those Jan/Feb discounts come out before then OR it could add another layer of complexity to your trip planning.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-ticket-system-coming-to-wdw-begins-october-16th.3708051/

I’m wondering if this new ticket pricing system is going to push discount release date back.

I got a discount through my travel agent so I’m not biting my nails for discount release...I’m hoping though that my discount through my ta is as good if not better than Disney discount(should they release them)

I’m wondering if this new ticket pricing system is going to push discount release date back.

I got a discount through my travel agent so I’m not biting my nails for discount release...I’m hoping though that my discount through my ta is as good if not better than Disney discount(should they release them)
That seems odd lol! (Or perhaps you meant to word it differently).

I have a discount through TA but I’m hoping the Disney discount is better! I’d love to be presented with an option that would save me even more money :) haha

Kick off 2019 by getting the most value and excitement out of your Disney vacation! With this offer, a family of 4 can play, stay, dine and save up to $500 on a 5-night/6-day room, Magic Your Way ticket and dining plan package at a select Disney Resort hotel most nights January 1 through March 9, 2019.

View sample rates based on a 5-night stay in a standard room or studio with 6-day Magic Your Way base tickets for a family of 4—based on 2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9)—within the chart below.
See Important Details.

Resort Category Save on Stays Most Nights

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts Save Up to $500 USD
Arrivals most nights 1/1/19 - 3/9/19

Select Disney Deluxe Resorts Save Up to $600 USD

Select Disney Moderate Resorts Save Up to $500 USD

Select Disney Value Resorts Save Up to $300 USD

Important Details

• Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Advance reservations required.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
  • Excludes gratuities.
  • Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available.

We are usually April vacation people - I don't remember being able to book into late April this early, but I could be wrong...I'll go check history...

"A Walt Disney World vacation is the perfect holiday gift for loved ones to create memories that last a lifetime. Cross another holiday present off your list and save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights January 1 through April 27, 2019.
With so many unique and exciting things for you to discover at all 4 theme parks in the new year—NOW is the best time to book your 2019 getaway. When you add valid theme park admission to this room offer, you’ll be able to play big in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, soak up a variety of new, limited-time experiences at Magic Kingdom park and explore the ultimate celebration of food, art and entertainment at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts.

Book through January 2, 2019.

- Expanded<\/span> ","subRowCollapsed":" - Collapsed<\/span> "},"breakpoints":{"mobile":600},"mobileContent":"","desktopContent":""}]]'>
Resort Category
Resort Savings

Select Disney Deluxe Villas Save up to 25%

Select Disney Deluxe Resorts Save up to 25%

Select Disney Moderate Resorts Save up to 20%

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels Save up to 15%
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply. See Important Details."

ETA: Book a late April room-only discount, specifically.

Decided to add quick service dining , it was “only” $1000 more for a family of 5, 7 days, with the new discount package. Woot!

Saved $80 at Pop. Not much, but that's more money for snacks and whatnot.

When I received the confirmation, however, I was listed as Mr. Peeperino. I'm definitely a Ms.! Says so in my profile. I guess I'll have to get that fixed at some point.

I was scrambling this morning as I wasn't expecting discounts out today! I had 2 rooms booked at POP (preferred) and 8 day tickets already. They were $2670 and $2649 each. I changed the one to the SPD package with Deluxe dining and it went to $4327 and the other room to a room only with 8 day tickets for $2452. I am hoping to share the dining credits between the two rooms. I just hope that is still possible in January and that the kids credits can be used for adult meals. Fingers crossed!! I also had previously booked Preferred rooms and had to go to standard for these. Ugghh

I saved 126.93 on 8 nights Jan 7-15 at Pop. Better than nothing! I'll be anxious to see what it will come up when the new tickets go into effect.

Nothing available for my dates at YC :(, hoping they may have more availability later. If not I'll keep my fingers crossed for a pin code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!