January 2020 Car Rental Thread

We haven't used Dollar before. We used Budget last time and the wait was horrible (but we didn't have whatever their program is so we stood in the loooong line). I figure it's a major company so should be ok.

We are 0-for-2 with Budget. Once the vehicle was a dud, the second time they didnt have enough vehicles to honor our reservation. Those 2 experiences are what made us loyal Alamo customers (so far, we have never had an issue with any Alamo bookings). Dollar has been okay too, in the past, but our past experiences are definitely limited. I guess we will need to take the leap of faith at some point!

I use car rental saver and my Alamo rate is $212 with tax for a midsize suv

Good price!

I prefer to stick with alamo rentals through costco (or dollar vehicles via dollar express) for the free extra driver, but if you dont need the 2nd driver, carrentalsavers is a great site to book on.

Checked my rental price and was down $10 today. Oddly, I have a 2nd booking for an 8 passenger minivan, but it is no longer showing up in searches. I'm probably going to cancel it anyways as the 7 pax is currently $50 less. (only have 6pax. Need extra space vs extra seat.)

Check those rates! Down to $228 Dec 30-4 for a full size. I've cancelled and rebooked 4 times this week! Alamo through Costco

Can anyone share your codes you are using with Alamo (Costco codes?). I have the Visa holder discount rate but it is still over $60 more than my Dollar rate. Thanks.
My cheapest rate was the extended Thanksgiving holiday sale through Dollar.

Last edited:
Can anyone share your codes you are using with Alamo (Costco codes?). I have the Visa holder discount rate but it is still over $60 more than my Dollar rate. Thanks.
My cheapest rate was the extended Thanksgiving holiday sale through Dollar.

It's automatically inserted when you check rates through Costco. The code is out if you Google it but in order to complete reservation it usually asks for Costco membership number (it did as most recently as August).

It's automatically inserted when you check rates through Costco. The code is out if you Google it but in order to complete reservation it usually asks for Costco membership number (it did as most recently as August).
I use carentalsaver.com for my rentals. you can use the smart booking tool or search by discount code.

Budget via Costco was down today, several size categories under $200 all-inclusive for a week that includes MLK Jr Day. Sticking with Dollar's "extended Black Friday" deal for now, as that's a SUV, but hopeful Costco will dip sufficiently to justify a switch.

Budget (via Costco)'s intermediate size dipped to $169 all-inclusive for a week. I got rid of the Dollar SUV and took that. Will still continue checking up though a couple of days before departure, as anything can happen.

A few small drops in price, but wondering where/when the $25 discount codes for 2020?

Currently starting 1/14 for a week midsize alamo $190 & mid-size SUV dollar $188.

Finally ! I’ve been going back and forth with rates going up and down for months. I’ve been checking between Dollar and Alamo. Today I used my AAA membership rate with Dollar and it dropped by almost $ 100.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!