January 2020 Car Rental Thread

I checked out Priceline's deals for my dates of January 18-25. They offer slightly better rates via Priceline Express than I have now, and they commit to not sticking you with a second-tier company. Of course, the flip side is that Priceline Express locks you in and cannot be changed for any reason. I will keep an eye on it for really good deals, but the no-change/no-cancel requirement means it would have to be pretty close to my departure date.

Got a pricedrop this morning. Now have a standard car through Dollar for Jan 24-Feb 1 for $251. That's $40 cheaper than I had with Alamo/Priceline for a compact.

Just checked my Costco rental for the last week of January (5 days @ $177, originally $240ish in Sept/Oct) and today it dropped to $134. It's been sitting for weeks at $203.

I went for the small car since we won't be using it much - intermediates are available for $154 and standard SUVs are $264.

Dollar rental car discount code:
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Flash Sale
Save 25% on your next car rental through January 31, 2020.

Just booked a premium sedan for 1/25 morning-1/26 evening (2 day) at MCO for $83.79.

Stack that with rakuten for an additional 3% off.

Starting to see some downward movement on Costco's website for the last week of January. Not as cheap as it was a week or two ago, but heading back in that direction.

Dollar rental car discount code:
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Flash Sale
Save 25% on your next car rental through January 31, 2020.

Just booked a premium sedan for 1/25 morning-1/26 evening (2 day) at MCO for $83.79.

Stack that with rakuten for an additional 3% off.
Hi, this code does not work.

Just booked our rental for the end of January/early February with these codes and saved over $100.00!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
Where do the codes go in the resie? tried over and over , neither valid

I'm going at end of January /early February
Just booked standard size car at Alamo
Picking up at Car Care Center and returning at MCO
1/30 through 2/4
$219.xx unlimited miles total
Used 7014615 which is a Visa code
Used coupon AU5592DJK found in back of Birnbaum 2020 book for free upgrade (I booked midsize and upgraded to standard)
Coupon expires 12/31/2020
I'm not getting this at all. None of the above codes work. Expired? hmmmmm

I just booked with Dollar
Dates January 7(8 pm)-18 (8 am)
Standard Car (Compact was the same $)
After taxes and fees
$298.24 with AAA discount (code 3000049)
Same dates and car with Alamo was $348

Hoping this comes down but will start checking daily as I am a month out.

Checked Alamo through the app with Costco code,
$289 for the mystery vehicle
We've always had great luck with that so I dropped the SUV

My rental is down today by $10 (Alamo through Costco). Currently sitting at $282 for a standard SUV., Jan. 14th - 31st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts