January 2020 Check In***Official***

How are your plans coming along, guys? I’m less than two months out :). Everyone has plane tickets, and tomorrow I hope to book WOC dessert party for my birthday-we had it booked on our last trip and that’s when it broke in 2018. Have never been for the holidays so figuring out what is most important during the three days of our trip that are during the holidays. WOC one night and fireworks another, probably? And then ride HM and Small World as much as possible/do they both go down on the 7th?

Still waiting to buy park tickets from last minute travel and $1000 prepaid visa gift cards. Also if their is fantasmic this year im gonna try the hungry bear to go.

Other than that less then 3 months away!!!Family is getting super excited!

We are waiting for lmtc too. And I’ll also do HB if we do Fantasmic. We’ve done the BB twice-first time it was a great experience-we were right by the water, hadn’t seen the show in years so the whole thing blew us away. The second time our table sucked-away from water by the kitchen. So expensive and I find the food mediocre, so I’ll splurge on WOC instead since we haven’t done that package.

Currently planning on going down solo on the weekend of the 18th/19th. The intent is to experience Lunar New Year at DCA and get my AP at that point. If I can do Rise of the Resistance, I will, but I'm not counting on it.

I've yet to book anything. :rotfl:

We will be there January 17-20, 2020. Likely at the Tropicana (already booked) unless we can get an AP or other rate at PPH or DLH. We return a month later at the VGC!
Mike

Currently planning on going down solo on the weekend of the 18th/19th. The intent is to experience Lunar New Year at DCA and get my AP at that point. If I can do Rise of the Resistance, I will, but I'm not counting on it.

I've yet to book anything. :rotfl:

Now official, lol. Getting in the morning of the 18th and going home the afternoon of the 19th. Just gotta find a hotel now. Scored roundtrip airfare for $226 and some change.

Booked HB F!, Oga's, LL, and - this year's big splurge - the WOC Dessert Party for our last night. Also got confirmation that my son's recently-broken-arm should be cast free by the time we travel - phew!!! Getting excited!!!!!

We were able to call yesterday and get the 20% off Disney Visa rate for the DLH (Jan 18-20). Tom Bell from the DIS is reporting that this discount is going to available to the general public on the 11th https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/discounts.htm. There were no standard PPH rooms available, only concierge, so the DLH standard was less expensive. Cast member said they are going to launch an AP rate soon, but had no real timetable.

Looks like our plan for the 3 day park hopper/magic morning will not be needed. We can go to the ticket booth when we arrive Friday night and purchase new APs with the DVC $20 discount. We are in the "weird" time as our AP expired while at Aulani in early October, but we were not going back until January, so waiting makes senses to the brain and bank account, just not the heart...:)

It is official, we are going January 22-26th, staying at the Tropicana. We wanted to be there on Lunar New Year :) I'm ridiculously excited to experience the festival.
We had $200 worth of vouchers for Southwest that expire on the 27th, so why not? Ran into a super sale where flying one way into Long Beach was $65 per person, was able to use my reward points to buy both our outbound flights, then used vouchers for the return. All in all, we ended up paying $76 for 2 people, roundtrip Minneapolis to Long Beach! :faint:

Booked WIC dessert party for my actual birthday! I’ve never done it before and am super excited though a lot of money for six. Looking forward to seeing g reviews and pics from the holidays.

Still waiting to buy park tickets from last minute travel and $1000 prepaid visa gift cards. Also if their is fantasmic this year im gonna try the hungry bear to go.

Other than that less then 3 months away!!!Family is getting super excited!
You mentioned prepaid visa gc. Did you get a discount on the prepaid visa gc’s?

Hi!

Me, husband, three kids are going jan 8-12! Really excited! We are going with my mother in law and her husband, it will be their first visit, they are in for a treat 😀
This is a Christmas surprise for the kids (And what a surprise, they sure aren’t suspecting this!)

We are traveling from Sweden to the US in December and also roadtripping a bit before DL. We are counting the days now!

MLK Weekend here! My sweet Mother is treating us to Sat and Sun at the GCH. I'm mentally prepared for the crowds and really excited to experience RoTR. Taking my 3yo girl for the first time, so excited!!

My girls and I are headed back to Disneyland for a few days before DD18 goes back to college after the holidays, and this time we're taking husband along too. We were just there in August, on our college move-in trip, but my husband has never been. We'll be in the parks Jan 11 to 14, and I can't decide whether I'm relieved or disappointed to be missing ROTR by just a few days!

My girls and I are headed back to Disneyland for a few days before DD18 goes back to college after the holidays, and this time we're taking husband along too. We were just there in August, on our college move-in trip, but my husband has never been. We'll be in the parks Jan 11 to 14, and I can't decide whether I'm relieved or disappointed to be missing ROTR by just a few days!

I think those dates will be a LOT quieter than 16-20, which will be very busy.

I think those dates will be a LOT quieter than 16-20, which will be very busy.

Yeah, I thought for a minute about trying to work it out to be there for the opening but between the crowds and our time constraints (DD has to be back in San Francisco by the 20th), I decided against it. My daughter will be living on the west coast at least through 2023, so I'm sure there will be other chances to check out ROTR.

I'm trying a new hotel for my trip in January. Gonna book a night at the Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel and see how it is.

My children and I will be going January 10-12th, My 49th birthday is on the 10th, their 20th birthday is on the 12th !! So excited to be spending our birthdays in Disneyland !
I would love to do something special for their birthday (a Sunday) What is the WOC package ? I didn't know if there would be any parades, fireworks, or WOC that time of year.
Last year we went at the end of January, and got tickets from the Disney website, with $70 per day, per park, of course I upgraded to parkhoppers. I'm hoping to get this again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter