January 2020 Check In***Official***

My husband and I will be in the park from the
1/27 - 2/1 but I’ve heard that splash and grizzly river run and normally closed for refurb that time of year?? Do y’all know if that’s true. Of course those two are hubbys favorite.

This is our 5 time going the last week in January: That is true re: SM and GRR. Occ one is up or the other. I don't know if it matters but Small World will be down for the removing the Christmas overlay. But the good news is going that late in the month Haunted Mansion is back up and running.

January 25-28 and staying at PPH.
I guess I am going to extend my celebration of the year I turn 50.
We looked at the calendar and realized that this would be the last time the late January break would be viable for going for my now 2 in college daughters. So big Christmas present for all of us. Just got back from a solo trip last week, I was teaching nearby so I had to do a few Disneyland days. So fun to see the Halloween overlay.

My dh, two kids, 5 and 8 yo, and I will be there 1/7-1/11. We are kicking around the idea of going to the discovery cube and a Disney outlet for part of one of our days.

Last edited:
I, my husband, and three other friends will be there 12/29-1/3 to celebrate my 50th birthday on New Year's Day. Three of us are staying at GCH and two off-site. On the second, three of us are attempting the Parkeology Challenge (riding every moving ride in both DL and DCA).

Nice! You and are turning 50 just 4 days apart. Go us! And that challenge sounds like a great way to celebrate.

We will be there January 13 to 17. Staying at Howard Johnson’s. There will be 10 of us (6 adults and 4 children) travelling over from New Zealand. We will spend 5 nights over new year in Santa Monica, a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise on Royal Princess, 2 nights at a hotel beside citadel outlets and then 5 nights Disney. Can’t wait!

Going Jan 25-29th adults only trip. Currently booked at Grand Legacy but keeping an eye out if another good hotel deal should pop up. This is our first Disneyland trip, been to Disneyworld several times. Excited but a little bummed about the possible closures of Snow White and Indy....wish they would announce official dates.

Looking at Jan 9-13 with 2 days at the park. Thinking Sat and Monday with a beach day in the middle. We stayed at Hilton Anaheim last time but looking at other Hilton owned properties. Anyone recommend one -hot tub and walking distance or shuttle preferred. TIA!

I'll be there Jan. 7-11 (3 park days) staying at Fairfield Inn with my husband and 4yo son. We've been to WDW several times, but this will be our first DLR trip! Anxious for the park hours to be finalized and for ride closure dates to be announced...

We are (hopefully) going MLK weekend. I am surprised more people on this thread aren’t going then both for the 3 day weekend and the craziness that is the opening of ROTR!!

We decided on staying the sixth through the ninth at Embassy suites Anaheim south because it has a lower cost but still a dedicated shuttle to and from the Park every half hour.

Shoot! Man wondering if I should try and hit it first couple days of my trip or just skip it.

So many of us run toward the big rides or get Max Pass/Fast Pass for others later in the day.
What are some other rides you are nostalgic about or are a must for you and your family?

Our first trip the girls were 5 and almost 3. The older one was scared of the dark rides. The little one to short to ride on the big rides so Winne the Pooh's Adventure was our savior(yes it is a dark ride but the bright colors made it less scary). I can't tell you how much fun it was for the girls to ride over and over. We still ride it everytime because it holds a special place.

So many of us run toward the big rides or get Max Pass/Fast Pass for others later in the day.
What are some other rides you are nostalgic about or are a must for you and your family?

Our first trip the girls were 5 and almost 3. The older one was scared of the dark rides. The little one to short to ride on the big rides so Winne the Pooh's Adventure was our savior(yes it is a dark ride but the bright colors made it less scary). I can't tell you how much fun it was for the girls to ride over and over. We still ride it everytime because it holds a special place.

That’s so nice! I love a lot of little things like that. Small things that give you a special feeling ☺️

Our first visit our kids loved It’s a small world. One section is in Swedish, and the kids thought that was really cool 😀 So that’s a must. Our first day will be 8th, think it will still have holiday decorations. Can’t wait!

Oh that is neat. Yes Small World will still be up. We have gone quite a few times now in later January because the kids are on break from High/Middle school, and now have Jan term in college break. Small World is down then, I did get to see it in August last year but this year I went 2 days after it went down to set up for Holidays. So this is the first time I have gone when the decorations go up and down.

The other part is the memory of that trip is talking the older one into one more dark ride and getting stuck on Mr. Toad where the hell scene is. That clinched no more dark rides for sure. :)

The very first attraction I went on as a kid (in 1980) was Jungle Cruise, and it made a huge impression. So a few years ago, when we were planning our first family vacation and my daughter (5 at the time) asked me about to tell her about some of the attractions, Jungle Cruise was one I described in detail. And she began to tell everyone that that was what she was looking forward to the most.

Well, Jungle Cruise was down for that first vacation, and she was pretty disappointed. Then, when we went back the next year, it was down again! So by the time she finally got to go on it, she had years of anticipation built up. I was concerned that it might not "live up to the hype." My original hype, that is, and then her building it up in her head for so long. I shouldn't have worried. She loved it and ranks it as a favorite right up there with some of her favorite thrill rides.

It's great to have a family favorite like that that isn't one of the marquee attractions, so it's relatively easy do it one last time on your way out of the parks or to add it in any time without a huge line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter