January 2020 Check In***Official***

Oooh, deja vu. Our 12/31-1/5 trip was scheduled as something of a do-over for a trip last spring that my 6yo had to skip because he was sick... and guess who was up coughing last night? :( I have a phone call w his dr in an hour, fingers crossed that he’s back in the saddle in time to travel tomorrow!!!
will cross fingers for you!

We are heading to Paradise for 5 days at the Pier! Anyone else going to be there from the 5th to the 10?

We are ok to travel tomorrow, my little guy is totally on the mend! - this time tmw night, we’ll be settled in at HoJo; and this time in two nights we’ll have told the kids that the next day we’re relocating to GCV! Here’s to starting the year off right!!

Super excited to be doing a quick stopover to Disney on Friday (3rd Jan). Travelling for work to New York, but convinced the team to let me stay overnight in Los Angeles on the way. So, i will get off the plane at 6am after a 14 hour flight, and head straight to the parks. Its going to be very tough - and i am going to do everything possible to get as much sleep as i can so that i am not too tired.
Staying overnight at the Holiday Inn and Suites, so if needed, i can go take a nap.

So, if you see a delirious, sleep deprived Australian in the park - its probably me! Say hi :)

Happy New Year, everyone! We're headed down to Disneyland this weekend with some cousins who haven't been to Disneyland in 10 years and are super excited! What does everyone think the crowds will be like?

Happy New Year, everyone! We're headed down to Disneyland this weekend with some cousins who haven't been to Disneyland in 10 years and are super excited! What does everyone think the crowds will be like?
I’m gonna guess busy! Still holiday time until the 6th. And on Sunday Signature and Deluxe APs can get back in the park. Sunday is also open for Flex Pass but it looks like it’s all booked.

Expect crowds, get to the park as early as possible, take a deep breath, relax, and you are certain to have an awesome time. Soak in the remaining holiday magic!!!

I leave 2 weeks from today! Yay!!!! How do people think crowds will be the days leading up to ROTR opening? We will be in the parks the 15-18 so we will have 2 days with ROTR and 2 days without.

I’m guessing the 17th and 18th will be insanely busy and if they aren’t (like when SWGE opened on May 31st/June 24th) that will be a very welcome bonus but I’m not counting on it.

Leaving in a day and half! Picked up a bunch of gift cards today and the kids all got quite a bit for Christmas so that feels good. Just have to make it to our early morning flight Saturday-can’t wait! I am nervous about our first three days at the end of the holiday period-trying to figure out a general strategy.

We are on our way! But of a rough start-I literally didn’t sleep at all last night (DH snoring and then No place for me to flee to in our house since we had a houseful) so 3 am came pretty damn early. Took a Lyft to the airport-barely fit the six of us plus luggage. And then my daughter’s boyfriend forgot his license (he admits that I reminded them to check at least six times). They let him through with other ID-thank God-and we just landed on our first leg. Hope to sleep on next flight.

Hopefully I can get sleep on the plane when we leave too! Our plane leaves at 5:35 AM on the 15th and we live an hour from the airport and then we’ll be going straight to the park 😬

Total of 15 min sleep on the plane. Not great but took the edge off. We were in the park from 12-5 or so and had a great time. First time at Christmas, first time on small world holiday-great!-and HM holiday-AMAZING. Also walked through Galaxy’s Edge and those of us who are Star Wars fans loved it. We are wiped so decided to head back to hotel early to eat and swim and rest iN Preparation for hitting it early tomorrow. At the Courtyard by Marriott tonight-nice place! Easy walk and good service.

Total of 15 min sleep on the plane. Not great but took the edge off. We were in the park from 12-5 or so and had a great time. First time at Christmas, first time on small world holiday-great!-and HM holiday-AMAZING. Also walked through Galaxy’s Edge and those of us who are Star Wars fans loved it. We are wiped so decided to head back to hotel early to eat and swim and rest iN Preparation for hitting it early tomorrow. At the Courtyard by Marriott tonight-nice place! Easy walk and good service.
Glad you had a good first day of your trip! Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!

Hopefully I can get sleep on the plane when we leave too! Our plane leaves at 5:35 AM on the 15th and we live an hour from the airport and then we’ll be going straight to the park 😬
That's similar to my recent schedule. Up at 2:00am, leave home for a 90-minute drive to the airport. Arrive around 4:00am. Board somewhere around 5am for a 5:30am flight. At least I have a direct flight this time, so I'll make out tho rope drop. Unfortunately for me, it's only a day trip, so no hotel to sleep in; I'll be up for about 23.5 hours.

Still so worth it!

We arrive Saturday, January 25 and leave Monday evening, driving in from San Diego. We are staying at the Park Vue Inn, which has always been good to us. We are celebrating my younger daughter turning 4, and my parents are coming. My dad hasn’t been to Disneyland since 1955! We are so disappointed that Snow White’s Scary Adventures will be down, as my dad still remembers riding that with my grandparents, and he was really looking forward to riding it with my kids. Alas, that is the risk with a January trip. Hopefully they can come for the holidays later this year! We are doing the BBB on my daughter’s birthday, and she has chosen to eat “at the restaurant in Pirates of the Caribbean”, so Blue Bayou it is! Both girls are wearing their new Frozen 2 costumes- my big girl is Snow Queen Elsa and the birthday girl is Queen Anna, so i need highs in the 60s or lower because those costumes are warm! I’m nervous about crowds, but we are getting pretty good at rope drop and managing max pass and getting a lot done even when it’s crowded.

We are getting excited!!!!

Back to reality today after being at DLR 12/31-1/5. Our trip was definitely a success, even with the 6yo still coughing a bit. Managed to ride MF:SR our very first morning and visit Oga's that afternoon; the rest of the trip was reserved for tried and true favorites - GotG 4x, Incredicoaster 3x, HM 2x (holiday overlay was AMAZING!), PotC 2x, BTMRR 2x, RSR 2x (and may I say, while I've always loved Radiator Springs at night, I love it at night at the holidays EVEN MORE), and many other 1x rides. Also, we loved staying at GC - spent several hours in the lobby alone on our check-in day before decamping to the pools! Thanks to everyone here for the tips and support, sharing plans with you all in the weeks leading up to the trip was both fun and educational. Happy 2020 to all, I look hearing about all your January trips!!!

Booked our hotel, Tropicana, and buying annual passes! We are going for my youngest's 5th bday. We will be there from Jan. 19-23rd. I am so excited to be able park hop with a pass. This is our first time staying off-site and I am so nervous for the security lines on Harbor in the morning and that ROTR is going to be opening two days before we get there. Fingers crossed everyone will be waiting in that line and leave the rest of the park empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter