January 2020 Check In***Official***

Buson808

Mouseketeer
For the fifth year in a row I will be staying at Grand Cali 8 nights on points! Super excited! Jan 30 to feb 7. My family is super stoked!

Yes! Excited to see this thread. We are down there Jan 4-9. Using points in a 2 bedroom at GCV 5-9; probably will stay at Springhill on the 4th (point chart was astronomical that night). My 50th birthday is the 5th and I’m so excited to seee holiday decorations and spend a birthday in the park-both firsts for me.

Staying with my hubby and another couple for a kid free trip Jan 8-12, in the parks the 9th through the 11th at BWPVI.

I have to admit I was disappointed when they moved the rise of the resistance date-I thought I was golden going in January, since they’d said late 2019 all along. Oh well, hoping for a preview of some sort-or I guess it’d be an excuse for another trip :).

Our family of 4 (me, DH, DD6 and DD11) will be there in late January, with Jan. 26-31 as our park days. My BFF and her family (DH, DS5 and DD2) will be coming with us, and it's the first time for all of them! So excited to share the magic with them and see their faces light up.

I'm also a bit bummed about ROTR opening right before! I'm hoping it won't be too crazy since we'll be there during weekdays. But on the other hand I'm excited, because both DHs are HUGE Star Wars fans, and since they live in Canada, is is much tougher for them to come down, so glad we will hopefully be able to experience it on this trip!

Hard to know what ROTR will do to crowds.

Will it be crazy? Or will people stay away because they presume it'll be crazy?

Probably impossible to say one way or the other until the 17th - but I think the ride opening at WDW first helps.

I dont think ROTR will bring crowds. Late Jan is rainy season and last year late Jan was super cold at night.

Coming from Hawaii my family loves the rain and cold chilly nights.

Hi everyone!
I’m mostly a lurker, but I am going Jan. 11-17, so I thought I’d post. My mom and I are staying GCV (renting points). This is only my second trip to DL because I’m from MD. However, I’ve been to WDW like 15 times haha. Even if ROTR won’t be open yet, I’m still very excited to see SWGE and stay at a DL hotel! Last time was offsite at CCI. Being a relative “newbie” these boards are very helpful!

My husband and I will be in the park from the
1/27 - 2/1 but I’ve heard that splash and grizzly river run and normally closed for refurb that time of year?? Do y’all know if that’s true. Of course those two are hubbys favorite.

My husband and I will be in the park from the
1/27 - 2/1 but I’ve heard that splash and grizzly river run and normally closed for refurb that time of year?? Do y’all know if that’s true. Of course those two are hubbys favorite.
Yes usually its one or the other. This year it was grizzly so next year it should be splash.

Family of 4, we've planned a New Year's trip - 1/2-1/5 at GCH on rented points; for 12/31-1/1, we have reservations at both the Orange County Hyatt and the Cambrian - waiting to see how others' Cambrian experiences are later this fall before cancelling one. Interested in hearing people's thoughts on what might make for a special NYE dinner (though we won't be staying up until midnight, in the interest of an early start at the parks on New Year's Day).

How’s everyone’s planning going? I just booked the night before our stay at the Grand at the Courtyard by Marriott-about $250 for a room with bunk beds that sleeps six. We are 5 right now-my adult daughter still trying to convince her bf to join us. Booked three of our tickets yesterday-was able to use miles and my free companion ticket on Alaska so pretty reasonable. Since our DVC room at thé Grand sleeps 9 may try and convince my folks to join.

My birthday is Sunday, the 5th-the second last day of holiday decorations, I believe. Trying to decide what special thing to do that day-WOC holiday dessert party?

I will be there with family January 13-17. There will be 10 of us and 7 have never been before. Very excited! Excuse my ignorance but what is ROTR?

Any idea why hotel rates are up for a stay January 26-28? Checking in Sunday, checking out Tuesday. I realize ROTR is opening earlier in January, but there are lower rates the Wednesday and Thursday before the 26th. My daughter’s birthday is 1/27 and she wants to go to Disneyland! I’m just trying to make sure there’s nothing crazy going on those two days!

I will be there with family January 13-17. There will be 10 of us and 7 have never been before. Very excited! Excuse my ignorance but what is ROTR?
ROTR = Rise of the Resistance (the other Galaxy’s Edge ride that was delayed)

ROTR = Rise of the Resistance (the other Galaxy’s Edge ride that was delayed)
Oh wow cool! From searching I see it is scheduled to open jan 17 (the day we fly home). Do you think there’s any chance if opens a couple of days earlier?

Oh wow cool! From searching I see it is scheduled to open jan 17 (the day we fly home). Do you think there’s any chance if opens a couple of days earlier?

Cold openings (other than for CM's) are pretty unlikely - but flights to Aus/NZ from LAX are really late in the day normally. So I think you'd have time to get on the road and then head to the airport.

Trust me, from reports, it will be well worth the admission ticket and the extra bit of rushing.

Cold openings (other than for CM's) are pretty unlikely - but flights to Aus/NZ from LAX are really late in the day normally. So I think you'd have time to get on the road and then head to the airport.

Trust me, from reports, it will be well worth the admission ticket and the extra bit of rushing.
Yes it is a later flight. Thanks for that!

Still waiting for LMT so I can purchase 5 day hoppers!

other then that, I hope grizzly is running....last year it was Splash open and Grizzly refurb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!