January 2020 Check In***Official***

Poor girl - down the first 2 visits. I am so glad she liked it when she did get to go.

Dumbo was down the first visit for us and luckily I knew it ahead of time. But I still had 2 very disappointed girls.
Memory flash - I forgot about this:

During the parade my 2 year old sees Dumbo and says "Mommy, Mommy Dumbo is back we can ride on him now!"
Oh to explain that one to her. :)

We were there for a week when my middle DD was 1 1/2; she and my husband would do Tiki Room literally 6 times in a row, as they both loved it, while my 10 year old and I rode ride after ride. That toddler is now 13 and wants thrill rides all the time (her favorite so far has been our trip to USO) but my husband is still happiest at shows.

We were there for a week when my middle DD was 1 1/2; she and my husband would do Tiki Room literally 6 times in a row, as they both loved it, while my 10 year old and I rode ride after ride. That toddler is now 13 and wants thrill rides all the time (her favorite so far has been our trip to USO) but my husband is still happiest at shows.

Sounds like it worked well. Your poor husband lost his show companion now though. Those kids do turn into ride junkies. I certainly did.

Family of 4 going from 1/24-1/26! Super excited! Does anyone know if there will be a parade at Disneyland?! My kids love the parades

Family of 4 going from 1/24-1/26! Super excited! Does anyone know if there will be a parade at Disneyland?! My kids love the parades

I recall Soundsational parade? I could be wrong.Started from the small world, autopia side of disneyland. My4yr old daughter loved it.

I recall Soundsational parade? I could be wrong.Started from the small world, autopia side of disneyland. My4yr old daughter loved it.
We loved the Soundsational Parade! Nothing better than watching a parade while eating Mickey beignets!

Getting close for dinning reservations. We are going at the end of the month so have a few more days.
Now I need to decide on which ones to reserve.

Anyone else make reservations?

Getting close for dinning reservations. We are going at the end of the month so have a few more days.

I made mine about two weeks ago! Now just waiting for park hours, entertainment schedule and ride closures to be announced haha.

I am a planner so I am chomping at the bit. I did a 2 weeks before hand single solo trip in October and it went great but I really missed the planning and reading disboards and other sites to hear about others experiences. I find that is a big part of the fun for me.

I don't think we're making any. That's one of the things I liked best about DLR - no appointments!

I've been waffling about whether Oga's Cantina is worth making a reservation for, but with the reviews I've read about crowds and lack of seating, it just doesn't sounds like a pleasant place for a drink.

Only reservations I have are for the fifth-both because it’s my birthday and because it sounds like it might be packed-last weekend day to see holiday decorations. Lunch at Carnation Cafe-I’ve never eaten there-and WOC dessert party. I want to try LL on this trip-our last trip Pixar pier opened our very last day so we haven’t experienced this yet-and might try and grab a drink in the CC lounge on the 4th since it’s going down for refurb right after. We will save Olga’s and LL for after the holiday decorations go down and try to prioritize the festival still our first few days.

We loved the Soundsational Parade! Nothing better than watching a parade while eating Mickey beignets!
Soundsational retired and is much missed (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-a-soundsational-summer-at-disneyland-resort/). It is being replaced by a new parade, Magic Happens, next spring: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...e-to-debut-in-spring-2020-at-disneyland-park/.

Does anyone have an idea the last day that holiday decorations might be up? We will be at either seventh through the ninth.

Does anyone have an idea the last day that holiday decorations might be up? We will be at either seventh through the ninth.

Officially, January 6 is the last day, and Disney tends to take things down pretty fast. If you're arriving on January 6 (to start in the parks on January 7), and if you get in early enough, it might be worth it to buy an extra day (the difference between 3 and 4 days isn't that much), and just plan to take in the decorations, see the parade, the fireworks, and maybe even the Christmas version of World of Color.

If I remember right, though, It's a Small World continues with it's Christmas overlay well into January. But that's the exception.

Out trip will be 1/9-1/14 for DB bday on the 12th. We visited in OCT 18 and had good time fitting in everything we could in one day. My question is what 2 days of the week would you visit it you had to choose from Thurs-Monday. We fly in late Thursday but I was still thinking Fri and Monday. We come from the midwest so the time change wont be too bad for getting going on the first am.
We are staying over in Huntington beach our other favorite spot -got a deal at the overpriced Hilton for an issue we had the last time we stayed. I hate how they nickel and dime you on everything but DB wants to stay by the beach and I am not objecting!

Still waiting to buy park tickets from last minute travel and $1000 prepaid visa gift cards. Also if their is fantasmic this year im gonna try the hungry bear to go.

Other than that less then 3 months away!!!Family is getting super excited!
Thinking about trying the HB to go as well. Is the time you book when you go pick up your food? Im a little confused on the timing of it with the show

My girls and I are headed back to Disneyland for a few days before DD18 goes back to college after the holidays, and this time we're taking husband along too. We were just there in August, on our college move-in trip, but my husband has never been. We'll be in the parks Jan 11 to 14, and I can't decide whether I'm relieved or disappointed to be missing ROTR by just a few days!
I must admit I am relieved to miss the opening of ROTR. Hoping for less crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!