January 2020 Check In***Official***

I've noticed that park hours thing too... I'll be there (by chance) until the 18th and had been hoping that the park would be open late on the 17th, so that I can get some rides in on ROTR close to park closing without having to wait in a big massive line.

I’m just mainly hoping the listed ride closures on those dates are accurate. I’m very anxiously waiting for the IJ refurb dates to be announced...

I’m just mainly hoping the listed ride closures on those dates are accurate. I’m very anxiously waiting for the IJ refurb dates to be announced...

Yes, I've been nervous about IJ and whether they would want it up and running again in time for the anniversary (or whether they would wait until later).

I've already had a win though, with IASWH going down during our dates (which I don't really care for) and HMH seemingly staying open.

Yes, I've been nervous about IJ and whether they would want it up and running again in time for the anniversary (or whether they would wait until later).

I've already had a win though, with IASWH going down during our dates (which I don't really care for) and HMH seemingly staying open.
I like how you said "seemingly staying open" because I agree! I had accepted that I wouldn't get to ride HM and now I hopefully get to see it! Could we get so lucky to have IJ stay open too??

I noticed that Disneyland park hours lists Fantasmic! for 1/7, 1/8, and 1/9 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday), but doesn't look like these dates are available for booking dining packages for HB, RBT or BB. Should I assume that since it's listed on the park hours that the dining reservations will open at some point? Or could it be a mistake that Fantasmic! is listed on the park hours for those dates? I wasn't expecting it to be shown during the week, but if it is, that would be great!

I've noticed that park hours thing too... I'll be there (by chance) until the 18th and had been hoping that the park would be open late on the 17th, so that I can get some rides in on ROTR close to park closing without having to wait in a big massive line.

I noticed too. Jan 14 is our last park day and the first day of the hours glitch. I'm not as worried about hours as refurbs, though, so I'm hoping that part is accurate even though the rest is missing.

I like how you said "seemingly staying open" because I agree! I had accepted that I wouldn't get to ride HM and now I hopefully get to see it! Could we get so lucky to have IJ stay open too??

I've heard two lines of thinking through the grapevine - one was that it would close right after the holidays, to get the refurb and plussing done before the anniversary, and the other is that it'll stay in its classic form through the anniversary and then close for the work. I'm certainly hoping for the latter. And from a business standpoint, it might make more sense... they wouldn't be working under a tight deadline, as they would be if they started before the anniversary and needed to get it reopened in time, and the opening of ROTR would certainly distract from the disappointment of having one of the classic "big kid" rides closed for an extended time.

Yes I feel the same! Can’t believe my luck if HM is open for our visit jan 13-17. I’m not so worried about IASW. I’ve noticed the dashes for park hours during our dates too. I wonder what that means?

Oh you are correct sorry, I’m sure this morning when I looked it showed Friday 17th because I took note as it is the day we fly home and we have s night flight but I’ve just gone back in and it’s not showing now? I’m sorry I don’t know what I was looking at

Hours on the 17th are 8 to 12. I’ve come up with a little trick that if you change the date on your phone and go to a ride’s page and look at the calendar, sometimes you can see park hours for days past just the 6 weeks.

Unless something changes, IJ will be open my January 15-18 trip and Splash and Grizzly will also be open! Yay!!!!!

Eek I’m so stressed about what’s going down while we are there the 19th-25th. I’ve been anxiously awaiting the calendar to open up, I feel like in years past it’s shown at least two months out so the anticipation is kinda killing me haha. I just want splash to be up that week and I’ll be fine 🤞🏻 I may cry if Indy is down though.

Eek I’m so stressed about what’s going down while we are there the 19th-25th. I’ve been anxiously awaiting the calendar to open up, I feel like in years past it’s shown at least two months out so the anticipation is kinda killing me haha. I just want splash to be up that week and I’ll be fine 🤞🏻 I may cry if Indy is down though.
This could change but I changed the date on my phone so I could look at the calendar for that week and it seems Indy and Splash will be open.

Attachments

• 79CEB62F-6C99-4301-AD2A-BE7A14B2D96A.png
    79CEB62F-6C99-4301-AD2A-BE7A14B2D96A.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 53C680D8-3839-405A-AD00-1D389B85A1B1.png
    53C680D8-3839-405A-AD00-1D389B85A1B1.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 18
Sad day about haunted mansion 😭 I guess we can do it our first day but I bet it’s a madhouse. I read an article today saying Indy was going down before the anniversary..... But I didn’t think they had announced anything yet. Hoping the article is wrong.

Sad day about haunted mansion 😭 I guess we can do it our first day but I bet it’s a madhouse. I read an article today saying Indy was going down before the anniversary..... But I didn’t think they had announced anything yet. Hoping the article is wrong.

Do you remember where you read it? I've seen it as speculation from a couple of unofficial sites (including, IIRC, the DIS) but on others I've read rumors that it was going to remain in its "classic" form until after the anniversary and get the upgrades afterwards. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I'm feeling like that would make more sense; the anniversary is in early March and the planned work is much more extensive than what they've announced for Haunted Mansion so they might want/need more than the 7 or 8 weeks they'd have if they try to fit it in between the holidays and the anniversary.

Do you remember where you read it? I've seen it as speculation from a couple of unofficial sites (including, IIRC, the DIS) but on others I've read rumors that it was going to remain in its "classic" form until after the anniversary and get the upgrades afterwards. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I'm feeling like that would make more sense; the anniversary is in early March and the planned work is much more extensive than what they've announced for Haunted Mansion so they might want/need more than the 7 or 8 weeks they'd have if they try to fit it in between the holidays and the anniversary.
See that would be my thought process too! Here was the link, I’d assume it’s speculation but it kinda sounded like they knew when it was which was odd. https://wdwnt.com/2019/11/indiana-j...-in-2020-in-preparation-for-25th-anniversary/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!