January 2020 Check In***Official***

Getting excited -we leave tomorrow night -I need to refresh my memory on how the new Star Wars ride set up works!

We leave for DL on 1/16 we will be there thru 1/20. We are doing a split stay at a good neighbor hotel and DLH. Looks like there might be some rain which im ok with since we have never been at DL anytime when it was raining.

Surprise trip-well no longer a surprise-arriving Jan 29-family joining on 31st-leaving on Feb 2. Staying at Grand Legacy.

Wooooo hoooo! Hubs bought my ticket yesterday, and I have scanned it into my app today. Love seeing a ticket loaded and ready to be used in my app!

I just got back from my January 15-19 DL trip! (We were in the parks the 15-18) It was AMAZING! The 15 and 16 were the best because there were almost no lines and almost all FPs were immediately. I think everybody was waiting for the 17 to go on ROTR. The 17 and 18 weren’t terribly crowded but there were definitely still some crowds. Barely any rides broke down. Splash had a slightly delayed opening on the 15, RSR had a 3 hour delayed opening on the 16, IJ broke down briefly on the 15 and 17, and ROTR broke down on the 17 for about an hour in the middle of the day and at the end of the day on the 18. The normal rides that always break down never broke down. Space didn’t break down the entire 3 days we were in DL and Incredicoaster never broke down the entire day we were at DCA. This has never happened before! I went on Space a total of 17 times over 3 days and Incredicoaster a total of 11 times in 1 day. It was awesome!!!

ROTR was AWESOME!!! We only got to go on it on the 17 because our BG was too late on the 18. It was way different than I expected but it’s literally mind blowing and, as a Star Wars fan, I was freaking out the whole time! I’ll hopefully be able to go to WDW in August to ride again!

Arrived last night and bought my annual pass at 9:30pm! Was able to get into DCA and ride Radiator Springs (only person in the single rider line) and walked onto Toy Story.
Then across to Disneyland by 10:15, and was able to watch Fantasmic (no dragon though!) from 10:55 I got FP for Big Thunder, single rider for Smugglers Run (I was the only person in my pod amazingly!), Matterhorn, Space (single rider, walk-on), Indy and then joined the queue for Peter Pan at 11:55 and was on within 10 mins.
Amazed I got so much done in 2.5 hours. Here for the next 4 days and hoping to be lucky with a boarding group for ROTR. Going with different work colleagues each day so should be fun.

Arrived last night and bought my annual pass at 9:30pm! Was able to get into DCA and ride Radiator Springs (only person in the single rider line) and walked onto Toy Story.
Then across to Disneyland by 10:15, and was able to watch Fantasmic (no dragon though!) from 10:55 I got FP for Big Thunder, single rider for Smugglers Run (I was the only person in my pod amazingly!), Matterhorn, Space (single rider, walk-on), Indy and then joined the queue for Peter Pan at 11:55 and was on within 10 mins.
Amazed I got so much done in 2.5 hours. Here for the next 4 days and hoping to be lucky with a boarding group for ROTR. Going with different work colleagues each day so should be fun.
Wow! That’s a lot!!! Have fun on the rest of your trip!!!

Just got back and yes I did get Rise of the Resistance both times I tried. Boarding group 39 and 23. Very amazing.

But be aware that the lines to get in the park are across the Esplanade by 30 minutes before the park opens. This is my 14th time going to the park with 5 in January on this weekend and it was amazing what ROR does to the park.

Used Max pass with a break at lunch and FP used in am and during the break so we could go back in and ride. 20-30 rides a day. Last few hours Sunday and Monday night very light crowds and both nights we walked on Smuggler's Run.

Have a great time all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!