January 2020 Discounts

side note: I checked AS Movies for the days we'll be there (Jan 28-31) and it's showing sold out. Not sure if ppl at POP changed to Movies b/c of the pool renovations scheduled to take place. Anyways, what's everyone's experience with discounts in this situation? If the resort is already sold out, do they offer an additional discount? I'm feeling that we may be out of luck. Maybe the values won't be included, or at least Movies :(

side note: I checked AS Movies for the days we'll be there (Jan 28-31) and it's showing sold out. Not sure if ppl at POP changed to Movies b/c of the pool renovations scheduled to take place. Anyways, what's everyone's experience with discounts in this situation? If the resort is already sold out, do they offer an additional discount? I'm feeling that we may be out of luck. Maybe the values won't be included, or at least Movies :(
Movies and Animation usually aren’t included in discounts, the other values are.

Movies and Animation usually aren’t included in discounts, the other values are.
thanks for the heads up! I guess we'll wait to see what discount comes out, and maybe we'll change resorts.

Opinions welcome: If you were booked at Movies, and a discount came out for Music/Sports that would save you $60-80 total, would you switch? I've never been at any of the Value resorts, so I have nothing to compare to, but I do know that Movies is renovated now, and maybe it's worth the extra money?

thanks for the heads up! I guess we'll wait to see what discount comes out, and maybe we'll change resorts.

Opinions welcome: If you were booked at Movies, and a discount came out for Music/Sports that would save you $60-80 total, would you switch? I've never been at any of the Value resorts, so I have nothing to compare to, but I do know that Movies is renovated now, and maybe it's worth the extra money?
Not for 60/80. For 200/300 yes but it’s not worth the time to hold on the phone for me to do it. The usb plugs in the refurbs are worth it alone to me.

POP is showing sold out for my dates (which are actually Feb 1-8, but I'm following this thread to see what discounts come out in Jan) which is strange. We're staying at POFQ, but were thinking about switching to pop because of the skyliners and can't find a room there at all.

POP is showing sold out for my dates (which are actually Feb 1-8, but I'm following this thread to see what discounts come out in Jan) which is strange. We're staying at POFQ, but were thinking about switching to pop because of the skyliners and can't find a room there at all.

The values are sold out because there is a huge national Cheer competition February 7-9. We are at WDW February 2-6 and are staying at POFQ, if you want the skyliner you could stay at Caribbean Beach.

Or another option is a split stay, Pop looks like they have availability for your arrival date up until February 7, so you could start off at Pop, then move over to a moderate. Just a thought and saves some money!

Last edited:
They are keeping it quiet the normal leakers aren’t posting anymore, I’ve heard the visa deal is about 2 weeks out with non visa discounts starting first week in Oct.
Oooh that’s exciting! They haven’t done the “early Visa release” in recent years so that would be awesome (for those of us who have one lol).

And If you don't have a Disney Visa...well I know a guy who can hook you up 😉 LOL!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!