January 2020 Discounts

WOW...this has been tough this time.....Yesterday online at 7 am and changed my dates in January less 2 nights from a 12 night stay and selected the Gift of Magic offer at POP.....everything seemed to go through fine and my original deposit was enough so it seemed to be easy.....WELL, when i got the total it appeared less of a savings than what i had figured in my head....checking the confirmation later with the cost per night breakdown i realized the savings was only the 2 nights i had removed....every other night was the original price...well I called right away and for some reason when i selected Gift of Magic offer and then changed dates something messed up!!! OK....just upset with myself i didn't notice it at the time!!! SO .....now my dates are long gone from that offer....but i will keep checking! DARN IT.....sure was hoping for SPD and now this.....not sure what i will end up doing

Question if anyone knows.......
Do they not discount Friday & Saturday nights on these deals any longer?
I got great prices for Wednesday & Thursday night, then Friday & Saturday are still rack room price?

Here are the details on the offer:
Surprise your loved ones with a memorable getaway! With the help of this merry offer, you can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels―valid for stays most nights January 1 through April 25, 2020 when you book by January 1, 2020. Plus, receive a $30 USD Disney Gift Card per person (ages 3 and up) on the reservation when you upgrade to a package by adding 6-day or longer theme park tickets―a wonderful opportunity for everyone to pick out their own special souvenir during your vacation.

This special offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View the chart to explore savings within each Resort Category.
Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort HotelsSave up to 25%: For stays most nights 1/1/20 – 3/8/20 and 3/29/20 – 4/25/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 20%: For stays most nights 3/9/20 – 3/28/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 20%: For stays most nights 1/2/20 – 4/25/20 when you book 1/2/20 – 3/7/20.
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Riviera Resort
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Save up to 10%: For stays most nights 1/1/20 – 3/8/20 and 3/29/20 – 4/25/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 10%: For stays most nights 3/9/20 – 3/28/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 10%: For stays most nights 1/2/20 – 4/25/20 when you book 1/2/20 – 3/7/20.
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios Only
Select Disney Deluxe ResortsSave up to 25%: For stays most nights 1/1/20 – 3/8/20 and 3/29/20 – 4/25/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 20%: For stays most nights 3/9/20 – 3/28/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 20%: For stays most nights 1/2/20 – 4/25/20 when you book 1/2/20 – 3/7/20.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Save up to 10%: For stays most nights 1/1/20 – 3/8/20 and 3/29/20 – 4/25/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 10%: For stays most nights 3/9/20 – 3/28/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 10%: For stays most nights 1/2/20 – 4/25/20 when you book 1/2/20 – 3/7/20.
  • Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Select Disney Moderate ResortsSave up to 20%: For stays most nights 1/1/20 – 3/8/20 and 3/29/20 – 4/25/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 15%: For stays most nights 3/9/20 – 3/28/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 15%: For stays most nights 1/2/20 – 4/25/20 when you book 1/2/20 – 3/7/20.
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Select Disney Value ResortsSave up to 15%: For stays most nights 1/1/20 – 3/8/20 and 3/29/20 – 4/25/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 10%: For stays most nights 3/9/20 – 3/28/20 when you book by 1/1/20. Save up to 10%: For stays most nights 1/2/20 – 4/25/20 when you book 1/2/20 – 3/7/20.
  • Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply. See Important Details.

Probably depends on your dates, but I checked under Disney World view special offers and found openings in values up to deluxe for January under give the gift of magic discount. If you stay six or more days and have six or more days of tickets you also get a $30 gift card for each person. If it just spins back to the front page, put your dates in the top, click on number of persons, and leave all resort hotels as is, press find resorts and you should get the list of everything available.

Last edited:

May have been already covered, but if not:

So, was just asking through the chat on WDW site about why the "offer" prices are the same as the regular price (not like the usual where it's showing no availability with an offer, just showing the discounted price as being $0 savings). I was told that the offers exclude weekends at the Values and Moderates - at least for most of January and February.

Question if anyone knows.......
Do they not discount Friday & Saturday nights on these deals any longer?
I got great prices for Wednesday & Thursday night, then Friday & Saturday are still rack room price?

I only booked Friday and Saturday, received the FL resident discount on both days .

WOW...this has been tough this time.....Yesterday online at 7 am and changed my dates in January less 2 nights from a 12 night stay and selected the Gift of Magic offer at POP.....everything seemed to go through fine and my original deposit was enough so it seemed to be easy.....WELL, when i got the total it appeared less of a savings than what i had figured in my head....checking the confirmation later with the cost per night breakdown i realized the savings was only the 2 nights i had removed....every other night was the original price...well I called right away and for some reason when i selected Gift of Magic offer and then changed dates something messed up!!! OK....just upset with myself i didn't notice it at the time!!! SO .....now my dates are long gone from that offer....but i will keep checking! DARN IT.....sure was hoping for SPD and now this.....not sure what i will end up doing
Don’t be too hard on yourself Disney didn’t make this one easy.

ddc88 said:

Don’t be too hard on yourself Disney didn’t make this one easy.
Last year by a similar mistake, when I applied a discount I accidentally removed 2 days from the original booking, so when I realized this when I got the confirmation, although there were no vacancies showing the person I spoke to managed to get the 2 days back with the discount which was great but not expected.

I am still really hoping and being VERY optimistic that Disney will still release SP&D. By the sounds of it, and what happened to me, very few rooms were released for discounts...so I am hopeful! :)

I am still really hoping and being VERY optimistic that Disney will still release SP&D. By the sounds of it, and what happened to me, very few rooms were released for discounts...so I am hopeful! :)

I'm hoping this too - but my family's big "Disney Planning Meeting" (where they respond/add/delete to the outline I've crafted) is tonight. So if it does drop, I've made room in the plan to get in a few extra table-service meals, and will have to make adjustments (which should be the marching orders for anyone planning a vacation: be ready to adjust!).

When I checked AP discounts for WL Villas yesterday morning, the discount appeared to be 30%. By the time I asked my husband whether he wanted to switch from OKW to WL Villas, the "magical upgrade" had occurred and the discount looked closer to 20%. We still made the switch, but super disappointed.

They might just so they can keep all those $30 per person gift cards they gave as part of the Gift of Magic Discount.

I was able to get a discount for our night in January. No discounted rooms available at any of the All Stars but POP had rooms so I switched our hotel to POP, which ends up costing the same as the room was at All Stars. I called the day the military discounts came out but there were no rooms available anywhere on property the night I need. Still hoping a military discounted room becomes available but at least I got a room at POP (which I preferred to stay at instead of All Stars).

When I checked AP discounts for WL Villas yesterday morning, the discount appeared to be 30%. By the time I asked my husband whether he wanted to switch from OKW to WL Villas, the "magical upgrade" had occurred and the discount looked closer to 20%. We still made the switch, but super disappointed.
Is there an AP discount for poly?

There are some amazing rates for BW
The only visa discount that has come out recently was for the Riviera resort...but for us, even with the 40%, it was way too much
I just booked a 1 br with the Visa discount. It was significantly cheaper than the AP discount and the only DVC resorts that were cheaper using the AP discount was SS and OKW. 1 br units are never cheap, but I suspect this is as low as we'll ever see them. We were at WDW last week and loved the look of Riviera and the Skyliner will make transportation super easy.

Am curious if anyone knows...I originally booked via phone. But yesterday I was able to book online with the discount so I booked a new room then went back and cancelled the old reservation. Perfect. Except that I remembered that when I booked originally they asked if we were visiting Disney for a special reason, which we are - our 20th anniversary - and he noted it in our reservation. Which, of course, is now gone. Is there a way to add that online or will I need to call again? I'm not looking for anything special, but when we went for my 40th birthday we had mentioned it when booking (again, over the phone) and it somehow was on my magicband that it was my birthday. So every time we used a FP, it flashed "happy birthday". Which was so cool...and we were sort of hoping for that again with our anniversary! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter