January 2020 Discounts

I went to the desk the first two times I ever booked an AP rate room and the CMs always looked at me funny lol. It was always a “I don’t know why you came up here” look so I stopped going to the desk. When I don’t stay CL I usually either go straight to my room if it’s ready, or drop my stuff at bell services and head to a park. Haven’t had an issue, no problems at all not going to the desk.
Awesome. Thanks

So today I was able to get the Gift of Magic at All Star Movies, preferred room for 10 nights in January....had tried last week to get the offer on my pre-booked Pop room but I messed up on selecting the Gift of Magic offer the first time I tried...later when i realized it my dates were unavailable for the offer. Kept trying all weekend but Pop never was available for my dates....so when Movies came available today I grabbed it....every dime counts for me and Movies just got brand new rooms and I love the Disney theming there!!! Will miss Pop mostly because of Skyliner access....but with the savings I am happy to change!

So today I was able to get the Gift of Magic at All Star Movies, preferred room for 10 nights in January....had tried last week to get the offer on my pre-booked Pop room but I messed up on selecting the Gift of Magic offer the first time I tried...later when i realized it my dates were unavailable for the offer. Kept trying all weekend but Pop never was available for my dates....so when Movies came available today I grabbed it....every dime counts for me and Movies just got brand new rooms and I love the Disney theming there!!! Will miss Pop mostly because of Skyliner access....but with the savings I am happy to change!
Good for you! It's so easy to mess up when you're trying to do things in a hurry. So glad you got an offer you are happy with.

I’m currently booked at All star sports with the kids free dining for 9 nights. I’d love to try a new resort, just to have something updated but the price dictates where to go for us. I’m still hoping something comes along that will allow me to upgrade without added cost - hey this is the place “where dreams do come true” - lol, well I’m wishing!
Anyone else have a sense of being satisfied with their booking, but not giddy with joy? I guess I just miss that feeling 🙃

I’m currently booked at All star sports with the kids free dining for 9 nights. I’d love to try a new resort, just to have something updated but the price dictates where to go for us. I’m still hoping something comes along that will allow me to upgrade without added cost - hey this is the place “where dreams do come true” - lol, well I’m wishing!
Anyone else have a sense of being satisfied with their booking, but not giddy with joy? I guess I just miss that feeling 🙃
You hit the nail on the head .... Iam happy with my location and the price (keep in mind we are still paying alot but we are taking Disney),but Iam not jumping up and down with the villa, we have never stayed in one. I still look multiable times a day hoping to find a standard room. How knows we might love the villa!

We’re currently booked for the Beach Club from the 24-1, but it’s the other side of Crescent Lake we’d prefer. Until I can’t anymore I’ll be checking for an opening at the Boardwalk, but I suppose the BC is a decent consolation prize.:)

We’re currently booked for the Beach Club from the 24-1, but it’s the other side of Crescent Lake we’d prefer. Until I can’t anymore I’ll be checking for an opening at the Boardwalk, but I suppose the BC is a decent consolation prize.:)
We love the Beach and the Yacht Club ..the pool is the BEST and location ! Plus you will have a beautiful view of the Boardwalk at night. All three resorts are wonderful you cant go wrong and yes its a prize!!

Although I am in the resorts I want. I am still disappointed at the price I am paying. Just a long weekend trip. Had 3 nights booked at POR for 256 a night, was hoping for some kind of discount, and then wanted to use that money to upgrade on our last night to contemporary (because we have a early morning tour at MK the next day). Zero discount for our room. I ended up moving us to contemporary anyway with the measly 10% off, but in doing so knocked the 2 nights at POR up to 267 a night. We went 4th of July week this past summer for 6 nights. 3 nights Coronado lake view and 3 nights yacht club. I paid only 150 more on the resorts that week, than I am for our 3 night stay in January. Kind of crazy.

Although I am in the resorts I want. I am still disappointed at the price I am paying. Just a long weekend trip. Had 3 nights booked at POR for 256 a night, was hoping for some kind of discount, and then wanted to use that money to upgrade on our last night to contemporary (because we have a early morning tour at MK the next day). Zero discount for our room. I ended up moving us to contemporary anyway with the measly 10% off, but in doing so knocked the 2 nights at POR up to 267 a night. We went 4th of July week this past summer for 6 nights. 3 nights Coronado lake view and 3 nights yacht club. I paid only 150 more on the resorts that week, than I am for our 3 night stay in January. Kind of crazy.
right! thats what I'm struggling to figure out. even with the "discounts" its ALOT more than I used to pay and I'm not comparing against 5 years ago. I'm comparing with January of this year.

right! thats what I'm struggling to figure out. even with the "discounts" its ALOT more than I used to pay and I'm not comparing against 5 years ago. I'm comparing with January of this year.
Same here I went 1/24/2019 to 2/2/2019 for those days even with a discount the price has gone up over 20%. This will be my last time onsite.

Same here I went 1/24/2019 to 2/2/2019 for those days even with a discount the price has gone up over 20%. This will be my last time onsite.
[/QUOTE]
I see a lot of people bailing on DCL after the 2021 rates came out. I think Disney is pushing it with the parks as well. I can’t fathom what ticket prices will be after the next increase! I found myself for the first time being able to price out universal cheaper than Disney, for the same type of ticket, dates and better accommodations at that. I think we’ll be looking at finally making the leap and giving it a try soon!

Question for those that switched from a rack-rate reservation to a Gift of Magic package - and did so online. When I looked at changing resorts, I got to a point to confirm the change - but hadn't been asked to add park tickets yet (which are required for the additional gift cards). Did anyone make this change and were able to add the full package?

My prior Jan 2019 trip was 2/3rds of what I'm paying now. And same resort etc. Its insane. This might be my last onsite visit. If I want to continue coming to Disney, something has to give :(

My prior Jan 2019 trip was 2/3rds of what I'm paying now. And same resort etc. Its insane. This might be my last onsite visit. If I want to continue coming to Disney, something has to give :(
I agreed! We’ve spent years being frugal, enjoying our successes but I’m over throwing good money after bad. We like nice things but there has to be value. I don’t mind paying premium prices if I’m getting premium results. I believe Disney is pricing out the people that can afford their prices by offering less and less value. That’s on them. We tend to spend our $$$ where we got the most for our dime.

You know what’s super irritating? When I check for a room with the discount for my dates there’s nothing. If I add a day to the end of my trip there are rooms. It’s freaking irritating as heck

I agreed! We’ve spent years being frugal, enjoying our successes but I’m over throwing good money after bad. We like nice things but there has to be value. I don’t mind paying premium prices if I’m getting premium results. I believe Disney is pricing out the people that can afford their prices by offering less and less value. That’s on them. We tend to spend our $$$ where we got the most for our dime.
Completely agree!

Completely agree!
At least for now, Disney seems to be adopting a new strategy regarding room pricing - in general, increasing rack rates and less aggressive discounts. Impossible to know what exactly drives these decisions, but will be interesting to see how this plays out over time. My guess is that the pendulum will begin to swing back in the other direction as priorities shift, but we’ll have to wait and see...

After checking the website like 8 times a day every day since the discounts dropped, I finally got the gift of magic offer applied to my trip this morning! I'm staying in a preferred room at All Star Moves and it only took $92 off my total, plus the $60 in gift cards I'll get at check in. It's not much but thats $152 extra I'll have for spending money now. I'll take it! :-)

I am pleased with our booking. I was on about 30 minutes after discounts dropped and got what we wanted. This will be my daughter's last trip before she heads off to a military academy this June (won't be seeing Disney again for several years). Her request for her senior trip was Disney World for Star Wars and Beach Club. We have never stayed at BC. I was able to get us a standard room for our first 4 nights and then we switch to a Cars suite for 6 nights which both my kids are excited about. We have never stayed at either resort so we are all very happy. I will be disappointed if the skyliner is still closed in January. We were at POFQ last January and rates look very close to what I paid last year. We had a pin code last year. This year I used the AP discount.

Our group of 6 (4 adults, 1 teenager, and 1 toddler) were able to change from the AofA Cars Suite to two water view rooms at Coronado for the same rack rate price we were going to pay for the family suite. I don't feel good about not saving $$ but I do feel better about having separate rooms at a moderate resort. I have never been there before but the pictures look beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!