January 2020 Discounts

You know what’s super irritating? When I check for a room with the discount for my dates there’s nothing. If I add a day to the end of my trip there are rooms. It’s freaking irritating as heck
Then book for the extra day, get the reservation and a few days later change your dates and cancel the one extra day and maintain the reservation.

The discounts are based on needing to fill resorts that have lower reservations, so I think it can vary from year to year. I know OKW has been included in the past. That's what I'm hoping for! I want to book a 1 br and am hoping for a 20-25% discount. Fingers crossed!
OKW has lots of rooms so maybe

Keep checking guys! I had the "Kid Sized Package" deal for our trip 1/26-2/1, but it wasn't going to be a great deal for us, as I only have 1 kid in that age group and we bring our own stroller. I was able to switch it to the "Gift of Magic" deal today! So, no meal plan (but I think we will spend less on food without it), but got about $115 saved on the room and $90 back in gift cards. Side note...that means there is a standard room with the Kid Sized Package up for grabs right now. I just checked and it was still there!

Edit to add...this is at Pop Century

Obsessive Compulsive discount checking for the win!! I’ve been checking a million times a day, hoping to snag a Gift of Magic discount on my ASMo trip Jan 23-30, and I finally just got one! Don’t give up hope, fellow penny-pinchers 😆😆

I’m still hoping for a visa deal or better discount to come along.. far fetched, but one can hope!
Did you book for a discount you could live with if you plan to go that you can then change if something better comes along? Otherwise there may be nothing left if you decide to go anyway. At least you can always cancel but if you miss a discount it may not come back.

Did you book for a discount you could live with if you plan to go that you can then change if something better comes along? Otherwise there may be nothing left if you decide to go anyway. At least you can always cancel but if you miss a discount it may not come back.
I have booked a package (and flights too) so technically, I'm all set. Deep down, I still uncomfortable that I paid over 1200 on the exact same trip (same hotel, base tickets, meals) for the same dates in Jan 2019. So even though my husband has shrugged and moved on! I'm still hoping/ trying to find better options. We still have the remainder of 2020 to go through! :oops:

You can. If you call to book the reservation they will put in a request to drop the extra day on the spot.
Thank you so much. I booked 5 nights at Pop century end of January(Jan27-Feb1) in August. When the discount dropped, I could't adopt the offer because no room is available at that time. But yesterday, I successfully booked a package from Jan20-Feb1 and today I was able to change the reservation to Jan27-Feb1 and still got the discount. Thanks a lot. And hope everyone gets what they like!

Thank you so much. I booked 5 nights at Pop century end of January(Jan27-Feb1) in August. When the discount dropped, I could't adopt the offer because no room is available at that time. But yesterday, I successfully booked a package from Jan20-Feb1 and today I was able to change the reservation to Jan27-Feb1 and still got the discount. Thanks a lot. And hope everyone gets what they like!
did you call to do this?

Does anyone know when Disney typically extends their hours?? I noticed that the past 2 years, January hours for Magic Kingdom were extended later on certain days. At what point do they usually do this? Just wondering for planning purposes. I'm a planner lol.

Does anyone know when Disney typically extends their hours?? I noticed that the past 2 years, January hours for Magic Kingdom were extended later on certain days. At what point do they usually do this? Just wondering for planning purposes. I'm a planner lol.
They do it really late for January, they wait to see booking, so usually about 20/30 days out.

Sometimes, they even wait until week or day of. We were there once in 2014 and an announcement went out as they were opening the park that they were extending evening hours. Another time, in 2017, they extended morning hours while we were there. We showed up at MK for a 9am opening and a CM informed us that they shifted the schedule for an 8am opening earlier that week.

Yay! Availability showed up for Values so we switched to Gift of Magic offer on our existing reservation, upgraded to ASMo preferred room and changed tickets from 5 days to 6....Saved $50 and got 2 $30 gift cards out of it. Combined with the housekeeping opt out I feel like I got a little deal.....weird how they force you to a 6 day ticket to get the deal, have no use for the sixth day but oh well.

Seems like a lot of new rooms have been added to the Gift of Magic offer. We're going Marathon Week, and I just applied the discount to our reservation at CBR (and I'm eying a possible upgrade to BCV).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts