January 2020 Discounts

Seems like a lot of new rooms have been added to the Gift of Magic offer. We're going Marathon Week, and I just applied the discount to our reservation at CBR (and I'm eying a possible upgrade to BCV).
Please let us know if you get BCV. That was our original reservation and we were told Gift of Magic wasn’t available for any of the Villas, so we switched to Copper Creek Villas, which we like better in all honestly. So it worked out for us. I’m just curious if you’ll be able to get it lol. We are going Jan 10-17, for reference.

Please let us know if you get BCV. That was our original reservation and we were told Gift of Magic wasn’t available for any of the Villas, so we switched to Copper Creek Villas, which we like better in all honestly. So it worked out for us. I’m just curious if you’ll be able to get it lol. We are going Jan 10-17, for reference.
It shows at available right at this moment for our trip (we're there the week before you through the 11th). I haven't switched yet because I'll have a conversation with the family about the benefits (many of them) and drawbacks (mainly cost, though I'm in a place where I may just want to splurge for the location and space!). I'll let you know if we are able to secure it tonight (if it is still available!).

Seems like a lot of new rooms have been added to the Gift of Magic offer. We're going Marathon Week, and I just applied the discount to our reservation at CBR (and I'm eying a possible upgrade to BCV).

They must be going fast. I just checked CBR (in case a lower price could sway me back) and it's showing me nothing available for my Marathon Week dates. We were booked in a preferred room at CBR before discounts hit, but switched to AKL because only pirate rooms were discounted at first under this offer.

They must be going fast. I just checked CBR (in case a lower price could sway me back) and it's showing me nothing available for my Marathon Week dates. We were booked in a preferred room at CBR before discounts hit, but switched to AKL because only pirate rooms were discounted at first under this offer.
Our reservation was for a 5th-Sleeper Water View - I was able to apply the discount this morning, but it looks like in a search, Pirate rooms are again the only ones with the discount. They may well be moving very fast (which makes me skeptical about waiting till tonight to switch to BCV).

So, as I anticipated, the rooms at BCV were no longer available once I sat down at the computer this evening. That at least made our decision for us. Still very happy to have gotten the discount at CBR. Some reward for the weeks (a full month?) of daily checking, re-checking, refreshing, and hoping.

So, as I anticipated, the rooms at BCV were no longer available once I sat down at the computer this evening. That at least made our decision for us. Still very happy to have gotten the discount at CBR. Some reward for the weeks (a full month?) of daily checking, re-checking, refreshing, and hoping.
Bummer. Glad you were able to get a discount, though. Have a great trip!!

I miss the hum and bustle of this board :)
So just wanted to throw out a question about disney discounts. Is there a "cutoff" on a discount vs the dates that it can be applied for? E.g. we get 60 days from our checkin date to get our fastpasses. So when that 60 day starts - we can assume no discount that comes through can be applied for that date?

Not sure if that makes sense! But hopefully someone understands what I mean! ☺

I too miss the hustle/bustle....sure wish we could have some hope that a VISA discount or even free dining might still come out......BUT i realize the chances are really slim at this point!!! DARN IT.....I hardly ever go without free dining cause it is just so hard to manage it in the budget if i have to pay for food!! BUT....I still want to be there....

I miss the hum and bustle of this board :)
So just wanted to throw out a question about disney discounts. Is there a "cutoff" on a discount vs the dates that it can be applied for? E.g. we get 60 days from our checkin date to get our fastpasses. So when that 60 day starts - we can assume no discount that comes through can be applied for that date?

Not sure if that makes sense! But hopefully someone understands what I mean! ☺

These are the only provisions I've seen noted for booking cutoffs...

Get up to 25% off room rates at official Walt Disney World resorts for most dates January 1 through April 25, 2020. There is no minimum stay length. Discounts on some rooms and dates are higher if booked before January 1, 2020.

Now, as for Disney releasing discounts within the 60 day window...it can happen. It did with the fall discount. It was released on 7/16/19 and the earliest date for which you could apply it to your stay was 9/1/19.

Hey All!

Can I ask a quick question - At the beginning of the thread, I see some of you booked and then crossed fingers that a discount comes up later on. Does this mean that Disney will apply new discounts after you booked/paid already?

Thanks in advance for the clarification! :)

D :)

Hey All!

Can I ask a quick question - At the beginning of the thread, I see some of you booked and then crossed fingers that a discount comes up later on. Does this mean that Disney will apply new discounts after you booked/paid already?

You do have to call to basically rebook under the promotion, though. It doesn't automatically show up and it's subject to availability. It doesn't give you an advantage to already have a reservation.

Hey All!

They definitely don't apply it automatically, and sometimes the room category you have booked doesn't have a discount so you have to completely change up what you have to get a discount if there is one you see that you like. I had booked several months back for my Festival of the Arts trip, I booked a little mermaid room at AoA as a holder and knowing I was willing to stay there if no rooms came available at a discount that I wanted. When discounts were released I went with a room at BWI, completely different resort, but I had to go online (you can call too, but online is usually much faster for me) and change it myself. It was easy to do and I just had to pay the difference in the deposit between the first room and new room. But yeah, it would be nice if they automatically did it, but they don't.

Soooo, it's been quiet here. Are we all set? Is the planning over? Decisions made wrt hotels, EMMs, DAHs, dining plans, FPs? Now just the countdown until our amazing vacations? :-)

Soooo, it's been quiet here. Are we all set? Is the planning over? Decisions made wrt hotels, EMMs, DAHs, dining plans, FPs? Now just the countdown until our amazing vacations? :-)
Everything for our January trip done! I have since moved on to planning our trip for Nov 2020. I was unable to get
much of a discount this winter, so put in my request ASAP to rent DVC for Nov. I think I am as much addicted to the planning and anticipation as I am the actual trip.

Yep, all set here except I screwed up and made SDD later in the day, thinking that’s when we’d tour Toy Story Land- forgetting about the tiers and how that means no likely FP+ for other Tier 1s. I’ll try to change it as I follow up, but our AK day is perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!