January 2021 car rental

LadybugsMum

DIS Veteran
Starting this thread since I've got a January trip. I'm seriously considering renting a car to make it easier to get around and not have to wait for the bus especially since we're staying at AKL.

Any good deals yet or coupon codes?

Also if you check the October thread it lists all of the discount codes. Very helpful. We’re looking for a month long rental so really hoping for some good discounts

I had a car rental for December 2020 with Alamo that used a coupon code for a free upgrade. That trip has been rescheduled for 2021 but unfortunately that coupon expires 12/31/20. Anyone aware of a 2021 coupon for a free upgrade with Alamo? Or know if they typically release them at a certain time?

I reserved a car for the first week of Jan through National Emerald Aisle last Weds. I checked again on Saturday and the price had lowered by $40; so I did a new reservation and cancelled the first. I'm hoping the prices keep going down as I get closer to travel time.

I have made some reservations through Costco, but am hoping to see some rates come down. I have input my requests with Auto Slash, but hoping for better rates through Costco since they include a 2nd driver free.

My National reservation above is for the WDW Car Care Center, but I don't really want to have to go from Terminal A baggage claim with luggage and kids over to Term B for the ME. I just reserved the same type of car through Costco for Alamo for just $40 more when it had been $100 more previously. That way we can walk right out to the car and not have to cart the luggage around.

We are going in January also. I just reserved thru costco , intermediate, budget for 318. In my past trips, i've been able to get the best deals with costco. Always looking for the best price :)

I just reserved a car for January through National hoping to do aisle pickup like I always do, but I got a notification that I have to go to the counter to pick up my reservation because the rental car facility in terminal B is closed. The main reasons I use national is to bypass the counter. Has anyone had any experience with this lately? If I can't bypass the counter and go straight to the aisle then I might just look around for cheaper rates.

I just reserved a car for January through National hoping to do aisle pickup like I always do, but I got a notification that I have to go to the counter to pick up my reservation because the rental car facility in terminal B is closed. The main reasons I use national is to bypass the counter. Has anyone had any experience with this lately? If I can't bypass the counter and go straight to the aisle then I might just look around for cheaper rates.
Hmm...I reserved with Alamo thinking I can skip the counter there, too. Now I'm wondering if I'll be able to.

I changed my early Jan stay...I was staying in a beautiful offsite condo, renting a car. But, the price of a rental car, in addition to the condo? Made it ridiculously expensive...the car was almost as much as the condo, and I was looking at compact/intermediate class. So, I cancelled the car and condo and am now staying onsite, on points at SSR.

Our Saturday to Saturday end of January rental hasn’t budged form $351 for an intermediate SUV picking up from MCO (can’t justify paying that much) so decided to book from enterprise on property picking it up the evening we arrive and dropping it off the following Friday night for $248.

We will have to take the ME to & from the airport with luggage in tow (haven’t done this in years) but hopefully it will be work saving $100.

I've redone my reservation again since I was able to get an intermediate car from Alamo through Costco for $289 for the first week of Jan. I'll pick it up at the airport for convenience. It's more expensive for me to use National at the Car Care Center than to pick up at the airport.

We are going last week in Jan and I am starting my rental car search for this trip. We always use Alamo as we find it is what works best for us.
Best coupon found so far is for a free car class upgrade. Valid on compact through mid-sized cars. Coupon code is AU6235UPG Valid for travel through 4/30/21.

I checked our reservations last night (need two cars since our DS and his GF are leaving before the rest of us) with costco and saved $50 on the 2 reservations.

Just checked again tonight (Saturday) and the minivan went down another $9. The intermediate stayed the same.

Last edited:
I'm now down to $249 for the first week of Jan for a standard car from Alamo through Costco Travel with pickup from MCO. Same car is $302 direct through Alamo for the week and $308 direct through National.

My Costco price finally dropped. Picking up and dropping off at Mco sat-sat $248 at budget.
i prefer Alamo so we can pick our car but it’s better than it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter