January 2021 Code Watch.

I've never seen Little Mermaid rooms so low (still more than the other values .. but saved me $220 on a 6-night stay. So about a 19% discount

And that was just with the normal discount .. I need to see if the AP offer (I have a voucher for one of my kids that i had bought for a trip in June) is better .. I can't seem to check for Passholder discounts online -- it just keeps redirecting me to the "Returning to the World of Magic" page.

Holy moly .. another $140 saved due to the AP discount. Gets a value room (little mermaid) down to a "reasonable" $140/night after taxes. (Granted I know that is way too much for a value room, but I want the little girl to have a mermaid room .. :)). Still . .that was $350 in savings from the original price. I'll gladly spend that savings on food and souvenirs!

I am debating just "going big" with discounts like this and upgrading to a deluxe, but the fact that things won't even be close to normal in January, I think I'll just stay inexpensive and save a 'big' trip when there is more to do.

Holy moly .. another $140 saved due to the AP discount. Gets a value room (little mermaid) down to a "reasonable" $140/night after taxes. (Granted I know that is way too much for a value room, but I want the little girl to have a mermaid room .. :)). Still . .that was $350 in savings from the original price. I'll gladly spend that savings on food and souvenirs!

I am debating just "going big" with discounts like this and upgrading to a deluxe, but the fact that things won't even be close to normal in January, I think I'll just stay inexpensive and save a 'big' trip when there is more to do.
idk if this helps but in terms of food if you get a target red card you get 5% back of every purchase....including Disney gift cards! so we are gonna buy a few for the amount we eat before hand. that way its already paid for and zero stress! with the cash back we can use it for tips!

idk if this helps but in terms of food if you get a target red card you get 5% back of every purchase....including Disney gift cards! so we are gonna buy a few for the amount we eat before hand. that way its already paid for and zero stress! with the cash back we can use it for tips!
Thanks for the tip! I already know about that trick (but more people should!) .. I (unfortunately) have had like $1000 sitting in Disney gift cards (bought using Target Red Card) since pre-covid planning for a trip that obviously never happened. I use the gift cards to pay off the balance of my room-only reservations on arrival to save another 5% on the hotel cost and then just charge food to the room (via Magic Band) and use the rest of the cards to pay off that balance.

I just hope things are at least moving slowly back to normal by January, though I don't expect much.

Thanks for the tip! I already know about that trick (but more people should!) .. I (unfortunately) have had like $1000 sitting in Disney gift cards (bought using Target Red Card) since pre-covid planning for a trip that obviously never happened. I use the gift cards to pay off the balance of my room-only reservations on arrival to save another 5% on the hotel cost and then just charge food to the room (via Magic Band) and use the rest of the cards to pay off that balance.

I just hope things are at least moving slowly back to normal by January, though I don't expect much.

I will say, we went in September when the parks were at capacity, and it wasn't bad! sadly no park hopper or dining plan, but even though the wait times were quoted as high, and the lines seemed insanely long. each ride took 10-20 minutes to get on! and this was at MK!

Does anyone know what the AP discount is for Pop Century? I’m considering two trips next year and an AP might make sense, if they go on sale again. Since I don’t currently have one, I can’t pull up the offer. 😊

Does anyone know what the AP discount is for Pop Century? I’m considering two trips next year and an AP might make sense, if they go on sale again. Since I don’t currently have one, I can’t pull up the offer. 😊
Every time I click the offer for more information it takes me to the covid know before you go page, however there is a 40% off discount code for next year on their website!

You have to call to get AP discounts. At least I did. I don't have an active AP, just a voucher. Even with an AP voucher I couldn't pull up the offer.

I didn't get Pop, but my discount for AoA (Little Mermaid rooms) was 30% off ($1201 down to $841 for a 6 night stay in January) what I originally had booked at months ago. It saved me over $120 (10%) from just the non-AP discount.

I am also waiting on APs to go on sale so I can get some for the rest of my family. I may just call and "ask nicely" if I can purchase an AP for the rest of my family since I already have one. It is challenging to plan at trip when only one person has it.

*Happy Dance!*

When we found out neither water park would be an option for our non-park days, I was starting to feel pretty bummed. My son is practically a sea otter and the pool options at our hotel (POP) were just kinda "meh.' Fast forward to a couple days ago when I learned about the new January discounts....OMG. Not only did we upgrade from POP to Art of Animation (Ariel room), BUT I also got $470 refunded!!!
It's still close to the Skyliner AND we will have just a week to enjoy the Big Blue Pool before it is closed for refurb!

I'm really REALLY stoked on this!

If you haven't called about the room discounts yet, DO IT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter