January 26th, 2018 5-Night Bahamian on Magic

Happy Boxing Day everybody! More importantly though, happy 1-month day! With the temperatures down in the single digits here I am more than ready to get on that airplane and head to Florida.

Hi-

Im so excited to have found this group! This will be our first time on a Disney Cruise for my family and I. We will be celebrating my son's birthday (4) and my daughter's birthday (9) while on the cruise. Tossing around the idea of joining an FE group...would it be too late at this point?

Welcome aboard @RHahn !

I think the Fish Extender groups closed in early December; @mimi2ty will probably chime in and let you know what the status is. If you want your kids to have the FE experience, you can put a Fish Extender up outside your door and sneak gifts in it for them. You can also let them pixie dust some gifts into other FEs that you find around the ship.

Welcome to Disboards and the group @RHahn ! Glad you found us as the wait is finally coming to a conclusion. Feel free to ask any questions, it's a friendly group here and Disboards has some of the most experienced DCL cruisers around. If none of us can answer your question then we probably know someone else on the board that can. You couldn't have picked a better way to celebrate the kids' birthdays IMO, I know they will love it!

24 days and counting. It's still a deep freeze here so I'm counting down the hours (that would be about 571 as of this posting) :laughing:

Thanks for the response! I got really excited learning about it and typed up a post before I read the part about the FE group being closed. Something to keep in mind for next time as Im sure there will be a next time! :) What else do I need to know as a first time cruiser?

We are from Wisconsin and its been -20 to -30 here with the wind chill. We are really looking forward to the 70+ degree weather!

Oh yes, it will likely be lows in the mid 60's and highs in the upper 70's during the cruise. Might not quite be swimming weather, but it will be beautiful!
What else do I need to know as a first time cruiser?
Well, lots, but most of it can be learned onboard if you don't find it here. Have you done your check-in on the DCL website? You can find that by going to the "My Disney Cruise" tab and clicking "My Reservations". This will let you pick the time you want to arrive at the port, take care of most of the check-in stuff you would otherwise have to do at port, and get the kids registered for the clubs. Once you are checked in you can also book any excursions or onboard activities as well. You will also get a cruise booklet if you haven't already which will have luggage tags for anything you will check at port (so you don't have to carry some of your bags on) and a lot of information about the cruise. Let's see, there will be Pirate Night and you can dress up for Dinner and the pirate event on deck. While most of the trip dinner attire will be listed as "cruise casual" (though it is not strictly enforced) there will be an optional dress up night that you can pack for if you like. A popular night for family pictures.

Are you flying in to Miami? If so are you getting there the day of or the day before?

Last edited:
@RHahn ... hello .. welcome. We did close the groups but I am bringing extra gifts so I can definitely include your kids
Let me know if you want to hang something outside of your room or I can leave bag hanging on door. Just message your cabin number.

@RHahn ... hello .. welcome. We did close the groups but I am bringing extra gifts so I can definitely include your kids
Let me know if you want to hang something outside of your room or I can leave bag hanging on door. Just message your cabin number.

Hi @mimi2ty - that is so sweet of you! I think Ill have a little something hanging on our door :) We will probably bring some goodies to hang on doors nearby, just as a few extras for them. Is there a 10 post limit before I can PM you my room #? Do you have kids that will be participating as well?

Oh yes, it will likely be lows in the mid 60's and highs in the upper 70's during the cruise. Might not quite be swimming weather, but it will be beautiful!

Well, lots, but most of it can be learned onboard if you don't find it here. Have you done your check-in on the DCL website? You can find that by going to the "My Disney Cruise" tab and clicking "My Reservations". This will let you pick the time you want to arrive at the port, take care of most of the check-in stuff you would otherwise have to do at port, and get the kids registered for the clubs. Once you are checked in you can also book any excursions or onboard activities as well. You will also get a cruise booklet if you haven't already which will have luggage tags for anything you will check at port (so you don't have to carry some of your bags on) and a lot of information about the cruise. Let's see, there will be Pirate Night and you can dress up for Dinner and the pirate event on deck. While most of the trip dinner attire will be listed as "cruise casual" (though it is not strictly enforced) there will be an optional dress up night that you can pack for if you like. A popular night for family pictures.

Are you flying in to Miami? If so are you getting there the day of or the day before?

Thanks for all the info! Im hoping for decent swimming weather...we are going to Atlantis when at the Bahamas. Have you been? Is it worth it?

I did online check in, got my book and selected all of our excursions. My parents have been on a couple Disney cruises (they are coming with) and love pirate night.

We are flying Southwest into Ft Lauderdale the day before and then taking a private car to the port the next day. Hoping all goes well since Ive never done this before.

@RHahn .. yes once you have 10 messages you can pm me..
we are flying southwest day before too! Surprising family with limo to take us to Miami Beach.

I have not been to the Atlantis Resort in Nassau, but I have several former co-workers who have and they said nothing but good things. I think you will have a great time. Worth is really subjective, you will have to let us know whether you felt it was worthwhile after you go.

Glad to hear you are all set. Good thinking coming in the day before, you never know when weather or mechanical problems might delay a flight this time of year. We are flying in to FLL too, but staying in downtown Miami. Should be able to open our curtains in the morning and see our ship in port. This trip is something like 15 months in the making for us, it almost feels unreal to be this close.

Hi! I just found this board (I'm part of the cruise Facebook group). Do you guys have a Pixie Dust list for latecomers? Thanks!

Hi @Jaime Vining - glad to see you found site! I will add your family to my list as I will be pixie dusting! The FE list is closed but I can certainly give your info for anyone else that wishes to pixie dust.
@RHahn I can also do this for your family for those that are pixie dusting!
Have a great day

Hi @Jaime Vining - glad to see you found site! I will add your family to my list as I will be pixie dusting! The FE list is closed but I can certainly give your info for anyone else that wishes to pixie dust.
@RHahn I can also do this for your family for those that are pixie dusting!
Have a great day

That would amazing! We're in 6032 (celebrating my son's 1st birthday). We're bringing all kinds of pixie dust on board so please let us know your cabins to pixie dust too :)

ALERT!!!!!

Two Serenity Bay Cabanas came available (nothing on the Family Beach at this time).

$428.93 (up to 4 Guests); $53.75 (each additional Guest, up to 10)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!