January ADRS released?

KMarston

DIS Veteran
I’ve been trying for months to move some ADRs around to get better times for January. Today I was able to move Storybook, Crystal Palace PPO, and Chef Mickeys to 6pm and 8 am PPO for CP. I saw other times near those available as well. Don’t know if they released more times or a slew of people are canceling.

I’ve been trying for months to move some ADRs around to get better times for January. Today I was able to move Storybook, Crystal Palace PPO, and Chef Mickeys to 6pm and 8 am PPO for CP. I saw other times near those available as well. Don’t know if they released more times or a slew of people are canceling.

I just got CRT lunch AND BOG breakfast! I'm shocked. I keep waiting for someone to contact me and say it's too good to be true. I was on another website where you could see the whole month of ADR availability, and CRT had openings almost every meal on every day for all of January. That's very unexpected.

I had tried to get CRT initially au my husband enjoyed the food! Not sure whether to try or stick with CM which I despise but we’ve never taken DGS there!

uh-oh. Just saw the banner notice "dining currently unavailable" on the main Disney website. Too good to be true? Hmmm.

uh-oh. Just saw the banner notice "dining currently unavailable" on the main Disney website. Too good to be true? Hmmm.
Oh no! Hope I didn’t lose what I had! One wasn’t at a realistic time for us but the others we could have made due with!

I actually got a CRT adr yesterday. That seemed pretty legit. Today it seems fishy. The time offered today is better, but I didn't cancel my previous ADR because I was too worried. I'm not usually an ADR hoarder, and I especially wouldn't usually hold onto 2 prepay meals at CRT, but something feels off... hmmmm

Totally agree!! We are a party of 9 and suddenly got spots at mama melrose on nye and Ohana 2 days later- when I looked at others it was crazy availability!?!! And then the website went down lol... I don’t know if it was a glitch or what but if you have your confirmation number and it’s on your app I’d say we’re safe

Totally agree!! We are a party of 9 and suddenly got spots at mama melrose on nye and Ohana 2 days later- when I looked at others it was crazy availability!?!! And then the website went down lol... I don’t know if it was a glitch or what but if you have your confirmation number and it’s on your app I’d say we’re safe
I certainly hope so! Sent those confirmation emails to my saved folder!!!

I also got a bunch of reservation alerts for our early January trip yesterday. I was amazed at all the times available. I snagged a dinner res and a Cali Grill brunch res. Now I’m just hoping they don’t get cancelled :oops:

Yikes I didn’t realize they could cancel?!? Can they??? I just assumed if we had a confirmation number we were good.... fingers crossed!!!!

I've heard over the years that ADRs will open up closer to your visit as people will cancel their trip and ADRs before they reach the point of no refund if they decide they cannot afford a trip now..

I've heard over the years that ADRs will open up closer to your visit as people will cancel their trip and ADRs before they reach the point of no refund if they decide they cannot afford a trip now..
Yes, I have noticed what you are talking about before but this was different. There were many hard to get ADRs for every day of our trip suddenly available all at once with many, many time slots and then the site went down for ADRs. I have to think it was a glitch of some kind.

[/QUOT
Initially that’s what I thought as well but it was odd to all of a sudden see so many prime times for hard to get reservations. Like 5:45, 6:00, 6:15 Chef Mickeys. And several Storybook times. I’ve been trying to move that time back for months. I hope it’s not a glitch though!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the sudden massive Ressie openings now but.. many restaurants seem to wait until the last week or so of 2019 to contract accepting the 2020 dining plan and so don't open up for ADRs until then... despite our 180 day date... Just a thought..
I ended up skipping a few dining possibilities simply because they didn't offer accepting the DDP and reserved at places that did accept DDP. Haven't checked back to see if that has changed either because I'm happy with my choices.

I've been checking every morning.. V&A ADRs seem to pop up every day for 6PM-7PM. I almost took a Queen Victoria's room ADR, but it was for arrival day and we'd prefer to stay at our resort.

Perhaps people are being contacted by the restaurant and didn't realize how much dinner will cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts