January Check IN 2019

We are excited for our first family trip to DL. I went several times as a kid/teenager, but my husband and kids never had. The past three years have been WDW so we cannot wait for DL. We are staying at GC the 27th - feb 2nd. :)

Since our flight got changed too late on Sunday to be worth to go that day.. We just moved our flight and added an extra day :) Since they announced the discount it works out perfectly, so happy I hadnt bought tickets yet!

We will be flying in to the DLH January 1st and leaving the 7th. We will be in the park January 4th - 6th. Heading to Universal Studios January 2nd & 3rd. Last year I surprised the whole family (DH included) for my 40th birthday. This year DH is in on it as he suggested it in lieu of toys. DD10's birthday is Christmas Eve and DD6's birthday is January 23rd. Just like last year I have been working even more so it was an all around win to do something like this, all together that we really enjoy for family birthday and Christmas gifts (DH and I are November birthdays). Girls will find out Christmas morning! Super excited and have not been able to plan the way we normally do. Super excited today when I realized we fly out a month from yesterday!

We will be flying in to the DLH January 1st and leaving the 7th. We will be in the park January 4th - 6th. Heading to Universal Studios January 2nd & 3rd. Last year I surprised the whole family (DH included) for my 40th birthday. This year DH is in on it as he suggested it in lieu of toys. DD10's birthday is Christmas Eve and DD6's birthday is January 23rd. Just like last year I have been working even more so it was an all around win to do something like this, all together that we really enjoy for family birthday and Christmas gifts (DH and I are November birthdays). Girls will find out Christmas morning! Super excited and have not been able to plan the way we normally do. Super excited today when I realized we fly out a month from yesterday!

This sounds awesome! Have an amazing time.

Surprising our kids with a Disneyland trip for Christmas. We will be there Jan. 19 - 23, staying at the Hojo. Can't wait! We go to WDW every few years but haven't been to DL since my now 12-year-old was 3 and my younger 2 weren't born yet. My youngest is McQueen obsessed so he will go nuts for Cars land. Can't wait!

Very excited to be going in January! DH and myself, doing a split stay because this will be our last trip for a long time. I really wanted to stay on-site the entire time but the budget won't allow for it. We haven't been since 2013, and it was only one day, and we stayed at the Marriott near the HoJo.

January 13-15 at Tropicana in a Disney Executive Suite; moving to Disneyland Hotel for January 15-17, standard room, hoping for a King bed instead of two Queens. I fully intend to get up super early on the 15th to check in at the Disneyland Hotel so we can dash over to the park for the extra magic hours. We are using the Military Salute park hoppers, so no early entry based on the ticket alone, so I am excited to have a couple days with early entry available with our hotel stay. I'm not sure how early to be in line for early entry, maybe 30 minutes prior to the early hour?

Not sure if we should get the 3-day or 4-day hoppers because although we are arriving early on 1/13 (our flight lands at LAX at 0830), we plan to do some touristy stuff in Los Angeles before heading to Anaheim, so we wouldn't be able to hit the parks until the evening anyway. I am thinking it would be awesome to pop in for a bit, and the difference is only about $20 more per ticket to do the 4 day, so I'm leaning in that direction. We'll likely do MaxPass, and I really look forward to not running around collecting paper fastpasses.

See y'all there!

Very excited to be going in January! DH and myself, doing a split stay because this will be our last trip for a long time. I really wanted to stay on-site the entire time but the budget won't allow for it. We haven't been since 2013, and it was only one day, and we stayed at the Marriott near the HoJo.

January 13-15 at Tropicana in a Disney Executive Suite; moving to Disneyland Hotel for January 15-17, standard room, hoping for a King bed instead of two Queens. I fully intend to get up super early on the 15th to check in at the Disneyland Hotel so we can dash over to the park for the extra magic hours. We are using the Military Salute park hoppers, so no early entry based on the ticket alone, so I am excited to have a couple days with early entry available with our hotel stay. I'm not sure how early to be in line for early entry, maybe 30 minutes prior to the early hour?

Not sure if we should get the 3-day or 4-day hoppers because although we are arriving early on 1/13 (our flight lands at LAX at 0830), we plan to do some touristy stuff in Los Angeles before heading to Anaheim, so we wouldn't be able to hit the parks until the evening anyway. I am thinking it would be awesome to pop in for a bit, and the difference is only about $20 more per ticket to do the 4 day, so I'm leaning in that direction. We'll likely do MaxPass, and I really look forward to not running around collecting paper fastpasses.

See y'all there!

Hey! We're there the same week! :)

I think getting the 4-day Park Hoppers might be a good move. January 13 is currently the only day of your trip that Fantasmic! is scheduled to show at Disneyland, and it could be fun to visit the park that night for dinner and a show.

Hubby got us APs for my Bday/Xmas! We're breaking them in for MLK weekend, 19-21. Staying at the Hilton for the first time. Woo! party:

Last edited:
We'll be there January 8 - 11 for our second trip! We were there in 2015 for the 60th anniversary...and I didn't realize that the shows don't usually run on the weekdays. I was pretty bummed that there are no night shows for the Tuesday & Wednesday we are there...but I am holding out hope that WOC will be back when we get there ( it was down last time we were there too). We're going with a group of 8 - 4 adults, 2 seniors (first trip for them) and my kids 10 &12. This trip can't come fast enough - we're so excited!

Looking to book for some time in the last couple weeks of January. Anything to look out for in re dates to select. Usually we go sat-wen with the first and last day being for travel. Have AP so usually try and catch all the shows that aren’t showing during the week Saturday night.

moving to Disneyland Hotel for January 15-17, standard room, hoping for a King bed instead of two Queens.

We'll be there on the same dates but really hoping for the opposite. After all day in the parks, I want my own bed without some hairy dude snoring in my ear LOL

Grizzly River will be down till March! This is my favorite Father and son ride. My son will be crushed. Also River Rapids at Knotts will also be down till Summer. Heartbreaking......

Apologies for the bad news.....

Grizzly River will be down till March! This is my favorite Father and son ride. My son will be crushed. Also River Rapids at Knotts will also be down till Summer. Heartbreaking......

Apologies for the bad news.....

Has Disney published March as the end date for GRR? Everything I've seen just said spring 2019.

Usually opens before spring break.....when schools out.
I've never been on GRR because it's been closed on every one of my trips. Once in October, once in April, twice in May, and twice in March. Until Disney posts a completion date, I don't think March is a safe assumption.

Fantasmic will also be down end of Jan. Sucks but it is refurbish time this time of year!

Just got back from my big 50th birthday trip to WDW and my friend somehow (LOL) talked me into a quick trip to DL. Driving down after work on the 11th, doing the parks all day saturday the 12th and part of Sunday the 13th then driving back home! YOLO!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts